Out of Town: Post-frenzy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I would go with Lidstrom. Prime Hasek was just a couple of years. He struggled a lot at the beginning of his career. Same for Lindros whose career was shortened by injuries. Lidstrom prime was way longer and he was as dominant as those two.

Lidstrom prime almost lasted 20 years ...

Hasek never struggled. He was in the Chicago Blackhawks system and they already had Ed Belfour in his prime at a time when scouting European players wasn't at it's peak. Hasek was a dominate goalie on the international stage and when he finally got a full-time NHL gig he was dominate from the beginning winning the vezina in his first season as a starter. Lidstrom on the other hand, joined the league in 91-92 and never won a Norris until 2000-2001. When up against prime Leetch, Chelios and Bourque, Lidstrom won zero, along with rarely being the best player on his own team and never the best player in the league (or even close), he can't compete with Hasek.

Reactions: PaulD

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Sure had strong legs

1991UpperDeck054.jpg
I have 5 of those cards and I also have the one of him in his world junior team Russia uniform, he was so much fun to watch.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

Since it was a player-elected arbitration, the team has the option to accept.

Well the only option would be for the Jets to accept the arbitrator's decision or let him walk correct? They can't negotiate any other contract? Trouba will still be RFA next year right? I'm surprised that they couldn't work out a long term deal especially since the Jets have the capspace and Trouba should have gotten a deal similar to Dumba right around $6M.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
No, they might try and take that time to try and work out a contract again as I believe they can.

Once the arbitrator makes the decision, it's either accepted or he becomes a UFA.

They can have the hearing, and by the time the arbitrator makes their decision, they can come to terms on a deal. But the moment the arbitrator makes their decision, they have to accept the arbitrator's term or let the player walk as a UFA.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
No, they might try and take that time to try and work out a contract again as I believe they can.

The arbritrator's decision is final and a take it or leave it deal. That is literally the purpose of having an arbitrator, to resolve a dispute between two parties.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Trouba is 1 year and I haven't seen it official anywhere that Winnipeg accepted that. I

So you think they’ll let him walk for nothing at $5.5M?

Lol. Dude. They’re taking the arbitration number. If they trade him fine, he’ll still be at $5.5M with his new team and still a better deal than Dumba.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
So you think they’ll let him walk for nothing at $5.5M?

Lol. Dude. They’re taking the arbitration number. If they trade him fine, he’ll still be at $5.5M with his new team and still a better deal than Dumba.

How is Trouba a better deal than Dumba? Dumba just put up 50 points. Also I see that Trouba has missed a ton of games with only one season of 81 games. Injury problems? and this kid is asking for the moon? lol

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Leafs with Panarin would be unfair.

They better hope Liljegren and Sandin develop during their ELCs and RFA years otherwise Toronto would have no room for top-4 defenders. Gardiner even with his warts still brings a lot of offense and puck movement from the backend and he'd have to go if they keep all these forwards. Rielly cant do it alone. And Im not sold on Zaitsev.

When you point these things out to Leafs fan their answer is typically : "muh Dermott", whatever that means.

Edit : Honestly the more I think about it the more obvious it is that they should just trade Nylander. They have Kadri (2nd liner), Matthews(1st liner), Tavares at center and Marner(1st liner), Marleau(top 9er), Brown (top 9er), Kapanen (top 9er), Hyman (top 9er) on the wing. Trade Nylander + 1st for a young top-end RD (ie Trouba) and another top-9 winger, Jets are loaded at wing. Fill the rest with whoever they have as cheap winger prospects. Profit.

Must be fun to have so much assets you can just swap em for what you need. Like when we swapped Sergachev for a center. Or Subban for a center. Or Radulov for a top-4 D. Plek, Eller and Markov for good prospects.

Last edited:
Reactions: NovaLeaf

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Well the only option would be for the Jets to accept the arbitrator's decision or let him walk correct? They can't negotiate any other contract? Trouba will still be RFA next year right? I'm surprised that they couldn't work out a long term deal especially since the Jets have the capspace and Trouba should have gotten a deal similar to Dumba right around $6M.

Seems like Trouba still not happy in the Peg. Looks like he wants out imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad