Out of Town: Post-frenzy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Does Lindros come with injuries? If not, then its him by a serious landslide.

Disagree here, an injury free Lindros is fun to speculate about, but he still would be in tough against Hasek. Hasek separated himself from his peers over a 7/8 year stretch like not many can do and one of his direct competitors is a slightly passed his prime contender for best goalie of all-time (Patrick Roy). Two harts, 2 lester B Pearsons and 6 Vezinas, Lidstrom definitely didn't come close to that, there is no debate for Lidstrom here. He didn't peak anywhere near Hasek. Lindros on the other hand was dominate during his best/healthy years, but not to the degree Hasek was. I think Hasek beats out a healthy Lindros too.

Hasek was putting up SV% in the .930 range in the early 90's when numbers like that were completely unthinkable on a team that was meh. The average SV% league wide was below /around .900 and Hasek was consistently putting up numbers of .920+, in fact .920 was his lowest over a 6/7 year stretch. He was sick.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Awesome work bro
Well its a discussion board sorry.

Anyhow, which of these do you think peaked/primed lower than Lidstrom? Lidstroms whole claim to fame came from his eternal longevity, which is surpassed only by Bourque, not from his prime or peak years, he has some wins that are absolutely laughable, especially his last one.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Disagree here, an injury free Lindros is fun to speculate about, but he still would be in tough against Hasek. Hasek separated himself from his peers over a 7/8 year stretch like not many can do and one of his direct competitors is a slightly passed his prime contender for best goalie of all-time (Patrick Roy). Two harts, 2 lester B Pearsons and 6 Vezinas, Lidstrom definitely didn't come close to that, there is no debate for Lidstrom here. He didn't peak anywhere near Hasek. Lindros on the other hand was dominate during his best/healthy years, but not to the degree Hasek was. I think Hasek beats out a healthy Lindros too.
Haseks a goalie though, and Lidstrom is a C.

Youd do much better with Lindros and Fleury than with Hasek and Statsny

Reactions: DAChampion

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Haseks a goalie though, and Lidstrom is a C.

Youd do much better with Lindros and Fleury than with Hasek and Statsny

Normally conventional Wisdom would agree, but Hasek was at a level where I think he bucks that trend. He literally brought the Sabres to final on his own. Lindros had a decent supporting cast when he was getting to the finals.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It is terribly awkward. Considering the era, it's not unexpected, though.

Top 2 singles were "Rhinestone Cowboy" and "Love Will Keep Us Together". :laugh:
I was a teenager in that era, believe me, it could get way worst than what Bure is rocking in that picture :laugh: . That was the ''everything is neon green or purple or yellow'' period of the nineties. I was convinced I was a cool grunge kid but looking at some of those pictures now, man, what was I thinking, you know ?

Reactions: groovejuice

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I was a teenager in that era, believe me, it could get way worst than what Bure is rocking in that picture :laugh: . That was the ''everything is neon green or purple or yellow'' period of the nineties. I was convinced I was a cool grunge kid but looking at some of those pictures now, man, what was I thinking, you know ?

In the current era, people wear mustard yellow pants multi-colored dress shoes, flamingo shirts, and light blue suits.

Though not usually together.

There is a legitimate possibility that the following won't age well:

92382_light_blue_1.jpg

1bdd27e208b7d494cef232f10c2bda7f--mens-leather-shoes-leather-brogues.jpg

3049091_Must_Have.jpg

suit-sootz-cashmere-wool-sky-blue-suit-1.jpg

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

True, on my first grade (or second) class picture, I had a full velvet purple suit (shirt and pants) :laugh:

@DAChampion please don't tell Bergevin :(

Reactions: DAChampion

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
Well its a discussion board sorry.

Anyhow, which of these do you think peaked/primed lower than Lidstrom? Lidstroms whole claim to fame came from his eternal longevity, which is surpassed only by Bourque, not from his prime or peak years, he has some wins that are absolutely laughable, especially his last one.

If we're talking about a peak period of time (3-5 years), yeah, I agree it's Hasek. If we're responding to the original question which I was, I have Lidstrom. His "claim to fame" was he controlled the entire ice beautifully for the better part of 15 years, so I think he's the most valuable.

Anywho, it was nice chatting with you. Time to get out and get some more sun

Last edited:

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Tough question. Not sure about the last 30 years but of all time it has to be Marcel Dionne.

And his little brother won 1 after playing less then 100 games in the NHL. How life is sometimes unfair or more of a ''right place at the right time'' thing!

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Which prime player would be more valuable,

Lindros, Lidstrom, or Hasek?

I would go with Lidstrom. Prime Hasek was just a couple of years. He struggled a lot at the beginning of his career. Same for Lindros whose career was shortened by injuries. Lidstrom prime was way longer and he was as dominant as those two.

Lidstrom prime almost lasted 20 years ...

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Hasek was putting up SV% in the .930 range in the early 90's when numbers like that were completely unthinkable on a team that was meh. The average SV% league wide was below /around .900 and Hasek was consistently putting up numbers of .920+, in fact .920 was his lowest over a 6/7 year stretch. He was sick.
Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->