GDT: Out of Town NHL Thread Part II‎I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
In the standings, the Bruins are closer to the Sabres than to a non-WC-playoff-spot.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Penguins have announced that Crosby has the mumps, two days after a picture of him looking like a gerbil was released and and they said he wouldn't be allowed in the locker room if he had the mumps. Maybe they need to put someone's mom in charge of the locker room.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Penguins have announced that Crosby has the mumps, two days after a picture of him looking like a gerbil was released and and they said he wouldn't be allowed in the locker room if he had the mumps. Maybe they need to put someone's mom in charge of the locker room.

That's some real incompetence by the Penguins medical team. Even if they originally thought it was his salivary gland "injury" they should have kept him away from the rink.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I know it's Crosby but if you know mumps are going around and your player inexplicably has a mass jutting out of the side of his face you keep him out of the locker room.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Seriously, who gets the mumps in 2014?

The vast majority of people in their 20s and 30s were immunized as children, but that doesn't confer lifetime immunity. Boosters haven't been SOP as the risk for MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) drops as you get older.

The problem is that immunization rates have dropped among children in the past few years, and we're getting resultant outbreaks. Pertussis (whooping cough) is also on the rise.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The vast majority of people in their 20s and 30s were immunized as children, but that doesn't confer lifetime immunity. Boosters haven't been SOP as the risk for MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) drops as you get older.

The problem is that immunization rates have dropped among children in the past few years, and we're getting resultant outbreaks. Pertussis (whooping cough) is also on the rise.

This is all right on.

Additionally the world has gotten smaller. Millions travel now country to country making contact with cultures that do not immunize. The combination has also contributed to a reintroduction of sorts to disease that had been virtually eradicated decades ago.

Even polio has been making a dubious come back.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Toronto now 7 pts up.

Buffalo is now closer to is than we are to the Laffs.

Keep evaluating.

Gotta say the Laffs are sure making good Laughs of the top teams in the both conferences. Can't wait for them to play the Bruins, should be an exciting series.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I got a good chuckle from this tweet by Down Goes Brown

‏@DownGoesBrown
Leafs record over their last 11 games is so good that Habs fans are dialing it on their phones every time one of their players gets checked.

I miss 2011 :cry:

member 96824

Why does Ottawa wear the jerseys they do? I think their current home and aways are some of the worst in the league.

and especially when they have these at their disposal:

thumb.aspx

ottawa-senators-heritage-jersey.jpg

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Toronto now 7 pts up.

Buffalo is now closer to is than we are to the Laffs.

Keep evaluating.

They are currently evaluating who they want after winning the lottery. Bruins can't evaluate any longer. Either gamble on what you hope is a good move or you plan to sell and hope for a high pick.

This team can't wait for Krejci and it can't wait until the deadline. I'm willing to bet team's in the okay offs right now discussing trades have the Bs on their potential sellers lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad