Out of these Guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
...From the 2003 draft, how many realisitcally will make the NHL and how many will be impact, Top 6 Forwards...THanks

Horton
Parise
Kastsitstyn
Pouliot
Brown
Bernier
Pushkaryev
Glazachev
Vrana
Khomutov
I.Mironov(Ott)
Filewich
Ruczika
Dawes
Chernykh
O'Sullivan

Thanks for all the imput. I really appreciate it

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I guess I'll take a crack at my own here

Horton 1st liner
Parise 1st/2nd liner
Brown 2nd Liner
Bernier 1st/2nd liner
Pushkaryev 1st/2nd liner
Kastsitsyn 2nd liner
Dawes 2nd liner
O'Sullivan 1st/2nd

is this to optimistic?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Qubax said:
...From the 2003 draft, how many realisitcally will make the NHL and how many will be impact, Top 6 Forwards...THanks

These are the guys I think will make the NHL for sure:

Horton
Parise
Kastsitstyn
Pouliot
Bernier
Glazachev
Vrana
I.Mironov(Ott)
Dawes
O'Sullivan

The top 6 forward here IMO are:
Kastsitsyn
O'Sullivan
Parise
Horton
Vrana
Pouliot

Bernier I want to add to this list as well, he is much better than given credit for and IMO though very raw in many areas, the talent level he possesses is amazing and I think he will translate.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Yeah thanks Moose fan...I highly respect your opinion and feel similar about Bernier....I know he had a slow start back with Moncton and was hurt so never had a WJC chance(he was hurt right)

Well even if he wasn't hurt I herad he wasn't geting serious consideration...

I know that Bernier has had those problems with fitness but he look slike Iginla or Shanahan in there hey days burgeoning up the wing and riffiling a shot on goal...

I have hi hopes for Bernier too...

Interesting you list Pouliot..I to like him but I think he might be a bit flimsy...who would you compare him too....Gagne?

Thanks

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
These guy's are a lock
Horton 1st line
Parise 1/2 line
Kastsitstyn 1/2 line
I.Mironov(Ott) 2/3 line

These guy's are 50/50
Filewich 3/4 line
Pouliot 2/3 line
Brown 2/3 line
Bernier 2/3 line
O'Sullivan 1/2line

Maybe 2 of these guy's will have decent careers
Pushkaryev
Glazachev
Vrana
Khomutov
Ruczika
Dawes
Chernykh

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Qubax said:

Horton
Parise
Kastsitstyn
Pouliot
Brown
Bernier
Pushkaryev
Glazachev
Vrana
Khomutov
I.Mironov(Ott)
Filewich
Ruczika
Dawes
Chernykh
O'Sullivan

Thanks for all the imput. I really appreciate it

There's a big difference between an "impact player" and a "top 6 forward"... I don't think any of these guys are franchise-best-player-on-a-good-team style players (like Modanos or Sundins) but...

Horton: 1st line.
Parise: 1st or 2nd line.
Kastsitsyn: 2nd line.
Pouliot: upside is 2nd line but may have trouble establishing himself due to his defensive play.
Brown: 2nd or 3rd line.
Bernier: 3rd line.
Vrana: 2nd or 3rd line.
O'sullivan: 2nd line.
Dawes: 2nd or 3rd line.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
it should be noted that more than one scout said that if not for glazachev's attitude\tendency to dive, he likely would have been a first rounder, with an enormous skillset. given the fact that the Preds LACK a player of his type outside Shishkanov(pure offensive sniper,) i'd call him a pretty sure bet to make the NHL. His drawbacks are the sort of thing that Trotz is known for working out.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
nomorekids said:
it should be noted that more than one scout said that if not for glazachev's attitude\tendency to dive, he likely would have been a first rounder, with an enormous skillset. given the fact that the Preds LACK a player of his type outside Shishkanov(pure offensive sniper,) i'd call him a pretty sure bet to make the NHL. His drawbacks are the sort of thing that Trotz is known for working out.

Well, he's a boom or bust player. We haven't been known to gamble like this before. I like it.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Qubax said:
Yeah thanks Moose fan...I highly respect your opinion and feel similar about Bernier....I know he had a slow start back with Moncton and was hurt so never had a WJC chance(he was hurt right)

Well even if he wasn't hurt I herad he wasn't geting serious consideration...

I know that Bernier has had those problems with fitness but he look slike Iginla or Shanahan in there hey days burgeoning up the wing and riffiling a shot on goal...

I have hi hopes for Bernier too...

Interesting you list Pouliot..I to like him but I think he might be a bit flimsy...who would you compare him too....Gagne?

Thanks

about Pouliot, I think this year though he is injured alot, alot of people have not had the chance to really see this guy play, IMO he is one of the best playmakers and passers in the QMJHL, very exctiting to watch and a great stickhandler and knowledge of where to be on the ice. He doesn't back down from rough play I find. I really like him, Gagne to me is more of a sniper based rather than a playmaker, but he does look like Simon Gagne a bit out there, but I think Pouliot has better smarts than Gagne and better playmaking skill.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Voodoo Daddy said:
A noticeable omission from your list is Dustin Brown, did you overlook him on
the 'surefire nhlers' list because he's already in the show?

OMG I wasn't even thinking of Dustin Brown, I thought it was a different Brown....LOL...oops. Brown should be there as he is already in he NHL now.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Yeah see here's my take on the thee Power Forwards from the list

Horton is at worst gonna be a Shanahan, Iginla Type....Top 3 or 5 Powerforward in the league. He could also be a Thornton, Lindros(in the early years)

Horts is a winger and not a centreman so I figure his chance of being a Thornton is low and I think Nash is better then Horton IMO...

But Horton sure fire

Bernier....Boom or Bust...Boom is Shanahan, Iggy type....but is 3rd, 4th liner or out of the NHL

Brown....MOre sure fire then Bernier...but more of a Deadmarsh, second teir power winger. I think that's pretty much his upside is Deadmarsh type. Which is 1st / 2nd liner...Could also be Ethan Moreau....Which is more of a role player type thing

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
moosefan said:
OMG I wasn't even thinking of Dustin Brown, I thought it was a different Brown....LOL...oops. Brown should be there as he is already in he NHL now.

Which is an amazing feat considering he is the second youngest player to ever play for the team. The Kings don't like to force their younger players into high pressure situations, prefering to give them some time to develop. So for Brown to make this team at 18(almost 19) really says something about his maturity.

I really like what I have seen so far this year from DB. He hasn't been lighting it up, but he has been doing all of the little things. He has been taking and giving solid hits, creating space for his teamates, and really just driving opposing players nuts which has led to them taking penalties. The little things.

I don't know his future for sure(he seems to have good instincts around the net) but he will definatley be a player in this league (at some level) for the next ten years. The kid is a little bull!

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Qubax said:
Brown....MOre sure fire then Bernier...but more of a Deadmarsh, second teir power winger. I think that's pretty much his upside is Deadmarsh type. Which is 1st / 2nd liner...Could also be Ethan Moreau....Which is more of a role player type thing

Thats about right. He does have a great shot though.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Qubax said:

Legionnaire said:
Thats about right. He does have a great shot though.

There is no doubt that Brown will be a quality NHL player. What is yet to be determined is if Brown will become a quality NHL scorer. As you mentioned, he does have a great shot so that should make him become a decent scorer at the NHL level.

I am thinking he will be a 20/25 goal scorer who plays a hard nosed,gritty game and is a solid complimentary player on a scoring line.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
willie said:
There is no doubt that Brown will be a quality NHL player. What is yet to be determined is if Brown will become a quality NHL scorer. As you mentioned, he does have a great shot so that should make him become a decent scorer at the NHL level.

I am thinking he will be a 20/25 goal scorer who plays a hard nosed,gritty game and is a solid complimentary player on a scoring line.

That's why I thought that Qubax was right on. Deadmarsh type(he has a good shot too) but at the very least a Moreau type(which ain't toooo bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->