Our Top 6

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I would do Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn & Wayne Simmonds for Max Paciorretty and Nathan Beaulieu.

Patches replaces what Simmonds brings and then some, Laughton replaces Schenn next season and Morin replaces Schenn if he's ready, if not, make a signing.

Paciorretty-Giroux-Lecavalier
Hartnell-Couturier-Voracek
Read-Laughton-Downie
Rinaldo-UFA-Rosehill

Coburn-Beaulieu
Grossmann-Gustafsson
Morin/UFA-Streit

Mason
Emery

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Move Hartnell to 4th line might wake him up. Cant put him on the 3rd line because that would stink up Couturier's game like its doing for Giroux. They seriously overestimated Hartnell's ability.

I don't think Hartnell needs to be woken up because he has no skill to begin with.

If he's not crashing the net and being physical, he's literally useless.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I so agree we need a sniper for G. If we don't trade for one maybe we can just tell voracek to be one...get open and always shoot. Can't be that hard

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Trade them all!

Just don't trade the ones who are going to be hot in the next few games. Trade the ones who aren't going to be good for the rest of the season, especially the ones who look good now, but will regress as the season goes on.

Holmgren also has to target the players who don't look like much at present, but who will really break out and will remain top players for the next several years. Make a list of them and get a few of them for 1-2 of the abovementioned Flyers soon-to-be has-beens.

It's simple, really.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Just don't trade the ones who are going to be hot in the next few games. Trade the ones who aren't going to be good for the rest of the season, especially the ones who look good now, but will regress as the season goes on.

Holmgren also has to target the players who don't look like much at present, but who will really break out and will remain top players for the next several years. Make a list of them and get a few of them for 1-2 of the abovementioned Flyers soon-to-be has-beens.

It's simple, really.

How did we not think of this before?

FlyersfanTK11

Oct 30, 2009
Simmonds is a valuable player. He is great on the boards.

Read-G-Vinny
Simmonds-Coots-Voracek
Hartnell-Schenn-Downie

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
I so agree we need a sniper for G. If we don't trade for one maybe we can just tell voracek to be one...get open and always shoot. Can't be that hard

He looked like one last season. It'd be nice to see him shoot more, but he's pretty bad at even putting it on goal this season. 5.1% shooting % on the season. I never really thought he had that great of a shot in the first place though, he seems better when he's playing with the puck and is able to set people up. Just doesn't work too well when your top line has a collective shooting % of ~6%. I'd like to see Voracek be the main puck carrier on the 2nd line.

Damaged Goods

Feb 26, 2009
Philadelphia
I would like to see the top 2 lines juggled. Giroux should be playing with another good one-timer and Lecavalier needs another good distributer to generate more ES goals. The top line has been unlucky with their shooting, but the 2nd line as constructed simply isn't very good. There are many interesting combinations that could be created, but I would start by breaking up Lecavalier and Schenn and pairing one of them with Giroux.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad