Our song submission for the Hockey Night in Canada Song Quest

leafspyinottawa

Jun 10, 2010
Click here to listen -> http://music.cbc.ca/play/artist/Shannon-Rose-The-Thorns/The-Way-You-Score

If we win, we'll record a studio version of our song with Canadian rocker Joel Plaskett, plus we'll join an exclusive club of artists like the Tragically Hip, Sam Roberts Band and Neil Young by having our track featured in a prime-time montage on Hockey Night in Canada . We’ll cap off the experience with a trip to Lloydminster, Alta., where we will perform live at the Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada concert.

GO LEAFS!

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
It is really well done and has a solid melody my only problem would be I am not all excited and ready to watch hockey after listening to it I more or less want to just relax and watch clouds pass by.

Still a well done song though none the less.

Rob11

Nov 9, 2012
Good song but doesnt get me pumped up for good old hockey night in canada!

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Very nice song. I think it needs a little build up or change of tempo at some points (chorus????). Don't know much about music so :laugh:.

Anyway, the voice and melody are nice.

leafspyinottawa

Jun 10, 2010
yeah... I agree that its not a pump up song, but I was thinking it could be good for one of those slow motion intros... where they show all the hardships of hockey (lol)... you know...where guys get checked hard into the boards... or when Kessel goes to the bench breathing hard...

anyway...it's a demo, not a finished product....

thanks for listening....

:)

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Sorry, this song is boring as a hockey song... won't win a thing.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
There will only ever be one Hockey Night in Canada song. I am sure everyone knows it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad