Post-Game Talk: Our rings vs their rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Kempny is on injured non roster. Whatever that is. Its not LTIR.

Forwards
Ov Backstrom Wilson
Vrana Eller Oshie
Hagelin Stephenson Panik
Hathaway Dowd Leipsic

Last edited:
Reactions: Pomee

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
GIF season starts today!

Tonight: Gimmick game but hopefully we play the part of spoilers. I think the Blues would rather host div rivals Hawks, Jets or Preds on banner night instead. No?

So, what is this? The 3rd Caps-Blues game in 2 weeks? The NHL really wants Willie to get suspended. :sarcasm:

giphy.gif

Reactions: tenken00

Jun 15, 2007
Feeling an L on this one. I rarely feel that way.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I think Panik can be a real player for them. It's early but I liked his pre-season play a good deal. He seems like a smarter Eller, which is maybe not a tremendous feat but he's someone that can play in a lot of different situations. Getting PP1 time with Kuznetsov out should be a good opportunity.

The plan seems to be to reduce 19/77's PKTOI so if the bottom six can help do that and also produce it could make for a better mix overall. Not too sure what Hagelin, Leipsic & Hathaway will bring offensively, though.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
giphy.gif

Konowalchuk-Halpern-Dahlen?
Chimera-Fehr-Ward?
Chimera-Laich-Ward?
That line that scored the cup winning goal?
Based on the value of Eller's controlled zone entries and possession game, that's the 3C blueprint, and Hagelin being an upgrade over Bura and Panik being an upgrade over Connolly I'd take them over those last 3. For Kono-Halpern-Dahlen wasn't that the 2nd line? 4th, 6th, 10th in team scoring, the next year 4th, 5th, 6th, the final year 5th, 10th, 14th but they were hit with injuries that year. Plus 0-2 in playoff series those 3 years.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
best defensive cycling line I’ve ever seen in Caps sweaters.

they would start the game and set the tone with the puck just buried in the opposition’s end.

and matched against the opposing first line, they would spend their entire shift defending. Its a shame Halpern had the knee injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->