Our Rentals And Their Expected Return

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
With next year being a big one in terms of our UFAs what do expect or want to get for our rentals if were out of the race? After this seasons low rental returns im not very optimistic we'll get great value.

Methot-2nd and a 3rd
Spezza- A decent level prospect and a second or a late first and a second
MacArthur-A 1st
Anderson- 3rd based on this seasons play
Ryan- A decent prospect and a second or a late first and a second
Condra- Nothing or future consideration

RFAs
Zibby
Lehner

Expected Return lol

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Spezza is gonna get a way bigger return then that, a little less then St Louis(player) will be my guess.

p.s cut the negativity

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If we do trade Ryan, I want it in the summer. Move value.

Keep MacArthur. Guy could be a great leader for this team. Keep Methot too unless in a package for better defender.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Spezza is gonna get a way bigger return then that, a little less then St Louis(player) will be my guess.

p.s cut the negativity

I'm just trying to be realistic based on what i saw top tier players like Vanek and Gaborik return this trade deadline. Of course we wont dump all these players and im optismistic that we will resign Ryan no matter what.

This will be a big year for the franchise. If were out of the playoffs and mediocre i could see a lot of players being traded. If were in a playoff spot i could see a lot of players commanding an increase in salary.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If you're trading Spezza and Ryan, you need at least 2015 1sts in return + a good young player and maybe a cap dump.

Anything less and it just isn't worth it.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
they shouldn't trade Spezza. What is it with this fan base and wanting to trade their top players all the time?

This is the first time that Spezza has had a truly down season and the first thing people want to do is run him out of town.

Watch us trade Spezza for some picks and young players.. he go to a new team and put up his regular 80-90 points and us have Turris as our number 1 guy and some young guy/ draft picks that will take who knows how many years to develop for us leading us to more years of mediocrity...

p.s. Kyle Turris is not a #1 guy in this league

I'm willing to give Spezza a slight pass for this year...I feel like this whole team will bounce back. Alfie leaving seemed to shock everyone..let's just see how they play next season before we make huge claims

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Our rentals? I havent seen any of our rentals listed yet.

The Turris line was #1 and doing well for a while. And for all the flak they got, the Smith line went up against many of the top lines in the league and shut them down as our 2nd line.

A $4mil Spezza, providing needed budget team cap hit, and as a 3rd liner, or 2-b for offense if you will, that you'd think would be something to seek. A change of expectations and we have a new strength?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Our rentals? I havent seen any of our rentals listed yet.

The Turris line was #1 and doing well for a while. And for all the flak they got, the Smith line went up against many of the top lines in the league and shut them down as our 2nd line.

A $4mil Spezza, providing needed budget team cap hit, and as a 3rd liner, or 2-b for offense if you will, that you'd think would be something to seek. A change of expectations and we have a new strength?

A lot of our big named players have expiring contracts next year. Do we sell them if were out of the race, risk losing them to FA or try to resign them even though the team is struggling?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
how awesome would it be if spezza took a 8 year deal and loaded the 7th and 8th years of the contract at 10 mil each and promised to retired after year 6 of the contract just so the team could be at the floor with the cap hit of the contract, and then when it comes to that time he actually chooses to play those years, it will be nice payback for alfie getting screwed,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad