OT: Our PDO sucks. Let's lighten the mood! Free Slurpees & Bagel Brawls

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
Bent sopel trashed the isles on spitten chiclets. Said Millbury was telling him to pay off his babysitter who accused him of not paying her, Wang was trying to get the team to watch Cinderella man and to write an essay on what it means to them. Snow used dirt on guys that he got when he was still playing in contract negotiations and how they would only give their boys big contracts

I was going to listen to that one today; can’t wait to hear what Sopel has to say about his time on the isles.

Spittin’ Chicklets is a great podcast

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I’m confused. I thought our PDO was too good, which is bad because teams can’t be good unless they lose games but have a bad PDO?

Our PDO doesn't make any sense and neither does this thread title. It it was it is. :laugh:

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Honestly PDO is an accurate indication why this team is 10-6-2. They have a high shooting (goal per shot) % and a very good save %.
Those two combined will give you a high PDO.

They are off the charts right now at even strength. The question remains, how long will it continue?

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Honestly PDO is an accurate indication why this team is 10-6-2. They have a high shooting (goal per shot) % and a very good save %.
Those two combined will give you a high PDO.

They are off the charts right now at even strength. The question remains, how long will it continue?
my guess, is as long as Trotz will keep being Trotz. he is a star for this team.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Bent sopel trashed the isles on spitten chiclets. Said Millbury was telling him to pay off his babysitter who accused him of not paying her, Wang was trying to get the team to watch Cinderella man and to write an essay on what it means to them. Snow used dirt on guys that he got when he was still playing in contract negotiations and how they would only give their boys big contracts
Brent Sopel was an awful hockey player.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I've spent at least five hours of my day trying to fix a god damn 3D printer. These things are the worst. Anyone else ever deal with them?

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Just noticed this thread, probably off, but can't resist to put here a Friday rant:

I work for a mismanaged company. Every week I have to explain to our engineers that they spent time on stupid things. And I have to do that very humbly and politely (great work! but what about if you put some attention to this, and this, and this, and this, and, no you don't need to spend weeks to calculate 0.0...1 degrees difference in temperature when the temperature changes tens of degrees every day by natural causes from sunset to sunset).

It's frustrating, but the package is too great to look for another job, even if it hurts me from professional point of view.

Back to topic: my wife forced me to watch "Tully", and I was genuinely impressed by the movie.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
I remember Sopel going on record after being traded that there were "a lot of things wrong over there." Guess now we know what he was talking about.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Those danged Leafs won't let us have anything! They have now taken over top spot in PDO. 1.031 to our 1.028 (Preds are right behind at 1.026).

So, considering that Toronto and Nashville are two of the top three teams in winning %, is a high PDO good or bad?

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
upload_2018-11-23_13-43-37.jpeg
Didn’t know where to put this, but look at who liked this up at the top.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Those danged Leafs won't let us have anything! They have now taken over top spot in PDO. 1.031 to our 1.028 (Preds are right behind at 1.026).

So, considering that Toronto and Nashville are two of the top three teams in winning %, is a high PDO good or bad?

Good at this point.

It is a pretty good indication why the Islanders are where they are in my opinion.

The Islanders which is the team I watch over the others have a good save percentage and a very high scoring percentage. Emphasis on “very”. Had they been worse in either, you would agree they would be worse than they are in the standings.

I consider the scoring % as unusually high (best in the NHL) for the talent level on this club and expect it to come down. I don’t expect a drastic reduction in Thomas Greis and Robin Lehner combined 92.7 save percentage 5 on 5.

Therefore I see the Isles PDO reducing over the season and as a middle of the pack team fighting for the playoffs. This is not based on any fact, just what I see. I think they have been somewhat lucky with the shooting % at this level.

I don’t watch the Leafs and Preds much.

Spybot

May 12, 2014

It's neither good nor bad, it's an indicator of something. But overachieving and winning is sure as hell way better than overachieving and losing. The Isles have done that couple times in the past as well.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
This thread isn't for hockey talk.

Anyone get any good black Friday deals?

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I went out to eat last night and missed the game. Watched the highlights and noticed they wore the pilgrim uniforms again. They seem to bring good luck.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I went out to eat last night and missed the game. Watched the highlights and noticed they wore the pilgrim uniforms again. They seem to bring good luck.

They're getting all of the games out of the way in November with those jerseys.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
LOL - I was looking at the unis and couldn’t quite place what I was looking at. My thought was the bib at the barber shop semi look. But pilgrim is perfect. LMAO

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Magilla was an awful defenseman and getting rid of him was one of the best things MM did as GM.

Also, I just took a Thanksgiving sized PDO and I'm ready for bed.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
I guess this is kinda off topic....i just booked my trip to see the isles in toronto dec 29. Its gonna be a bloodbath. My road record is already 1-10. Im a glutton for punishment.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I guess this is kinda off topic....i just booked my trip to see the isles in toronto dec 29. Its gonna be a bloodbath. My road record is already 1-10. Im a glutton for punishment.

Did you get your tickets yet? The prices for Leafs games are insane. I was in Toronto on business and wanted to go to a game but not for $150 for the cheapest ticket.

Reactions: SteveH124

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Did you get your tickets yet? The prices for Leafs games are insane. I was in Toronto on business and wanted to go to a game but not for $150 for the cheapest ticket.

Its insansity the prices. Ive never seen anything like it. I got 2 tix up top on the isles shoot twice side for $350 total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad