Our next home game, March 8th, lets not show up. Don't buy tickets. Don't watch the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
What do you think another Billionaire owner is going to do.....dump millions into a non profiting business, then continue to do so?? All the while listening to the continual complaining of fans boycotting games and making ridiculous attempts to oust the billionnaire owner out of his own business?? Yeah, great idea for the new comers if there is one. Thats showing them.

Sure. We should be easily be on par with a team like the NJ Devils. They currently spend 70mill on player salaries, we spend 66mill. They also do not run a bare bones hockey operation like we do. It's all about the team evaluations anyway for when you sell, not year to year profit.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
The team needs outside help. They need to learn how to properly engage the fan base and promote the team. And to never let Melnyk speak publicly about the team again. Like ever. Unfortunately, I don't think the team is going to be honest with fans until Karlsson is either resigned or dealt. After that happens, whichever outcome, they MUST explain what the plan is.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
The team needs outside help. They need to learn how to properly engage the fan base and promote the team. And to never let Melnyk speak publicly about the team again. Like ever. Unfortunately, I don't think the team is going to be honest with fans until Karlsson is either resigned or dealt. After that happens, whichever outcome, they MUST explain what the plan is.

This team needs new fans, not outside help. Tough to have a professional sports franchise attended by lemmings. You need fans who are loyal.

This team needs loyalty. For shame. I thought people loved Erik Karlsson. Well, they have a funny way of showing it.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
This team needs new fans, not outside help. Tough to have a professional sports franchise attended by lemmings. You need fans who are loyal.

This team needs loyalty. For shame.

Is there any way possible to create one thread to argue about Melnyk?? We currently have like 10 threads where Eugene's Army continually spew the same nonsense who are real fans and who are fake. It has even become an argument where people are personally attacking each other when you don't even know them.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Is there any way possible to create one thread to argue about Melnyk?? We currently have like 10 threads where Eugene's Army continually spew the same nonsense who are real fans and who are fake. It has even become an argument where people are personally attacking each other when you don't even know them.

Where is it personal? It is as general as it gets. Does it say Chezz anywhere? Are you Mr. Fans? If so I apologize.

This is not the way to support a team. All the love for Karlsson around trade deadline is gone and if you think this is a positive look well enjoy it.

Don't let your guilt get in the way

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
People are allowed to support the team in their own way. Whether that be cheering from home, a bar, or at the game. Or they could be supporting the team by participating in a movement to get rid of the owner who they believe is a detriment to the team they care so much about. There is no right or wrong way to be a fan or support the team.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Warning: Just a theory

So we all know those dumb articles that blame millenials for the death of buffalo wild wings, applebees, golf, whatever. The conclusions those articles always come to is that with the newer generations taking on so much debt with very little income growth that if we go out, we want to make going out a meaningful experience, and spend our money on something worthwhile. Disposable income is at an all time premium.

We have a team out of the playoffs, that isn't that fun to watch, couples with a pretty miserable in game experience. Are the newer generations of people just being smarter with their money nowadays because we have less of it? Dropping $30-$100 on bad entertainment just doesn't seem to be in the books anymore for a lot of people, we don't have that money to burn.

And I am not viewing this as an Ottawa Senators thing, I am viewing it as a professional sports thing.
Eventually, athlete salaries will have to drop. It's slowly becoming unsustainable for the lower half of any league. More and more empty seats are appearing for the reasons you outline above. Continuously inflating salaries and lower attendance simply don't add up.

Professional rugby is interesting. Often games are nowhere near sellouts, even for the most popular clubs. Yet they get by ok because player salaries aren't absurd. And no one complains about buildings that are 2/3 full. Would owners of teams in sports that are "less popular" stand to make the profits, whereas owners of Big 4 clubs may soon be losing money hand over fist?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
What do you think another Billionaire owner is going to do.....dump millions into a non profiting business, then continue to do so?? All the while listening to the continual complaining of fans boycotting games and making ridiculous attempts to oust the billionnaire owner out of his own business?? Yeah, great idea for the new comers if there is one. Thats showing them.
What do you think a large chunk of American owners are doing?

And please, let’s not act like the Sens are deep in the red and bleeding, just because our owner cries poor like a televangelist.

There is literally nothing redeeming about the Sens right now. Why would anyone choose to be a fan of this team? Someone’s got to make the first move. I’ll go with the guy that runs the business!

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Where is it personal? It is as general as it gets. Does it say Chezz anywhere? Are you Mr. Fans? If so I apologize.

This is not the way to support a team. All the love for Karlsson around trade deadline is gone and if you think this is a positive look well enjoy it.

Don't let your guilt get in the way

Never said you were insulting me. Just tired of reading the same argument over in over in multiple different threads.

You have said numerous times that we all need to focus our attention to the team on the ice and not the guy who pays the bills, but you seem to be just as obsessed with discussing Melnyk as everyone else.

Also dont claim that I have"guilt". WTF are you talking about? You have no idea who I am or how much money I have put into this organization in the past 20 odd years of fandom.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
A "loyal" fan who forks his money over regardless of the product is the very definition of lemming.

Truly clueless post.

It is possible the clueless ones are those that are saying they so hard done by because the Senators owner is ‘so cheap’ and theorise that EM makes every hockey decision for the team.

Total bovine scatology!

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Fan Mentality:

you think the Senators belong to the community and the city of Ottawa and melnyck is just a profiteer scamming off be backs of a city and fanbase he doesn’t really care about

You think the Senators belong Melnyck to move, run into the ground, hold over the city and you’re just there for the breakaways

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Our next home game, March 8th, lets not show up. Don't buy tickets
Well, you picked a good game, 'cause nobody wants to see Buffalo anyways......... :rolleyes:

untbbbbed.png

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
A "loyal" fan who forks his money over regardless of the product is the very definition of lemming.

Truly clueless post.

Not going to jump ship after a poor season. Thick or thin. You can judge from your ivory tower, I can easily live with myself being judged by you on HF :laugh:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Never said you were insulting me. Just tired of reading the same argument over in over in multiple different threads.

You have said numerous times that we all need to focus our attention to the team on the ice and not the guy who pays the bills, but you seem to be just as obsessed with discussing Melnyk as everyone else.

Also dont claim that I have"guilt". WTF are you talking about? You have no idea who I am or how much money I have put into this organization in the past 20 odd years of fandom.

Same argument? Pretty rich coming from you. How is TSN 1200 lol

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
I'm going to the game tomorrow, and will continue to support my team. As was previously stated, thick and thin, live and die, etc, etc.
I'm an expos fan, and know what happens if fans stopping showing up to protest. I'll take a bad owner over no team any day of the week. Save something crazy happening, I do not see the NHL stepping in and forcing a sale. My fear is if fans don't turn up, that would give the means to which an owner can justify a relocation.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Not going to jump ship after a poor season. Thick or thin. You can judge from your ivory tower, I can easily live with myself being judged by you on HF :laugh:
If you think our place in the standings is the reason for the fans apathy towards the team, you're clueless to the situation.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
If you think our place in the standings is the reason for the fans apathy towards the team, you're clueless to the situation.

Actually, my dear Benjamin, it seems that the owner is the major reason. According to the militants on HF.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland

This team needs loyalty. For shame. I thought people loved Erik Karlsson. Well, they have a funny way of showing it.

So it's difficult to have a team with fans who have a pack mentality, but we should have fans that have a pack mentality.
Okee dokee.

And no, loyalty is not a quality. It's idiocy. Sports is entertainment and if a shitty product is offered, people should stay home or explore other options in the city or elsewhere. That's what we'll be doing, at least until Melnyk and Dorion write out their plan, painstakingly, for the next five years. Plan must include options with or without Hoffman, Stone, Karlsson, and so on. Plan must include targeted assets at draft. An actual plan! Not just verbiage from Melnyk or blah-blah from P.R. Dorion.

I will be following this plan of ours and not attending on the 8th. Our tickets have been shredded and we'll be going to the movies/dinner. #MelnykOut, I hope he loses a mint.

Take a Bath Son

Jan 15, 2018

The irony is, you want the same thing that others here want. We all want the same thing in the end. A successful, prospering NHL club. We many see different paths to that end. I think this will all sort itself out in due time but the next few months might be tough and/or uncertain.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
So it's difficult to have a team with fans who have a pack mentality, but we should have fans that have a pack mentality.
Okee dokee.

And no, loyalty is not a quality. It's idiocy. Sports is entertainment and if a ****ty product is offered, people should stay home or explore other options in the city or elsewhere. That's what we'll be doing, at least until Melnyk and Dorion write out their plan, painstakingly, for the next five years. Plan must include options with or without Hoffman, Stone, Karlsson, and so on. Plan must include targeted assets at draft. An actual plan! Not just verbiage from Melnyk or blah-blah from P.R. Dorion.

I will be following this plan of ours and not attending on the 8th. Our tickets have been shredded and we'll be going to the movies/dinner. #MelnykOut, I hope he loses a mint.

The "good pack" not the bad pack. That is a great thing and you can see these packs all over the NHL in other arenas. They usually wear Leaf jerseys! :laugh:

I don't treat the Senators as a product. I don't think many do here but they go to that card when it suits them. I'm sure you are on the GE websites and Maytag websites, yelling and screaming and berating people? No?

Pity you shred those tickets in stead of dropping them off at the Boys and Girls Club or something, but hey, it's your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->