Our last 3 game win streak was in February 2019, and we are 15-16-6 since then

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Is this thread trending in the right direction?

Forget trending, most threads around here so far this year are flat out bizarre. I thought posting this earlier would pretty much seal this one:

Leaf 5v5 numbers since February 28th, 2019:

CF%: 53.97 (5th in the NHL)
SCF%: 56.59 (1st! in the NHL)
Save %: 90.07 (29th in the NHL)

Now I'm no rocket scientist but........

...but was there waves of agreement? Nope. Half the board and even much of the media is waaaaay too invested in going after Babcock right now and are engaged in a form of confirmation bias that is a sign of our times I think. Its causing them to miss the fact the Leafs are at least a top 5 team that has had the ghost of Toskala in net for months now.

When you have even prominent Leafs fans and former NHLers going wild over not changing a forward for another on the fly when you have offensive zone domination trying to tie up a game as a fireable offense, somethings not right.....and we all know damn well who would get the blame if that change was made and the other team was able to zone exit and score an EN goal. Its become a bit cult like at this point.

Right now at this early stage of the season, the only thing that should worry anyone is goaltending as this team with a ton of new faces meshes together and has looked extremely promising with wonderful underlying stats. Complaining about anything else, including coaching is just white noise with the keepers executing this poorly.

Its kind of fun in a way though. Hoping for a big win tonight but if they lose on another shoddy keeper performance, gonna try and guess how half the board will try to pin it on Babcock or Dubas before I check hfboards. Will it be a line change again? Maybe a high money scorer doesnt get any points? It's an interesting time to be sure as so many are posting the teams record going back aways to try and prove their points while completely ignoring the obvious problem and reason for that record.

:popcorn:

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Now 15-16-6 since then, that's basically 15-24. This team is not looking good and whats worse is we are tight up against the cap and all our top players are looking pretty overpaid right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad