Our first four draft picks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
For a playoff run, the habs just really need a good solid minute eating D-man. A second rounder + prospect is usually the asking Price for these type of players...see Eric Brewer.

I would not trade any of our draft pick in the first two round. Lets just see how far that team can get us.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
I would not trade any of our draft pick in the first two round. Lets just see how far that team can get us.

Anyway, our contending years will be when Galchenyuk will be a star player. Maybe in two to three years. this year is a bonus.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
1ST - Frederick Gauthier
2ND - Ryan Kujawinski
2ND - Steve Santini
2ND - Chris Bigras

Last edited:

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
1ST - Frederick Gauthier
2ND - Ryan Kujawinski
2ND - Steve Santini
2ND - Chris Bigras

Gauthier looks like a boring forward with a good wrist shot. He's huge though, but I somehow doubt he'll a regular top 2 lines player.

We may be in a position to draft goalie Zach Fucale, not that I'm worried about Price but having an elite goalie prospect in your bank is the most valuable thing you can have when you want to make trades.

Sumoki Dachiba

Feb 21, 2008
Vancouver
We may be in a position to draft goalie Zach Fucale, not that I'm worried about Price but having an elite goalie prospect in your bank is the most valuable thing you can have when you want to make trades.

Can you tell me a recent example of this being true? It seems to me that most elite goalie prospects do not get traded and those that do get little in return. I'm thinking back and Rask for Raycroft was terrible, Luongo and Jokinen for Kvasha and Parrish was worse and even Halak who was a proven young goalie got us very little in return.

Who trades, or trades for, elite goalie prospects? :help:

(Not saying that I wouldn't take Fucale, I just wouldn't do it with an eye for trading him)

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Budaj's looking (and IMO always has) like a real solid back-up. Tokarski could be legit. I'd rather not go for a goalie with one of our top 4s. We have a chance to make our forward depth to looks as awesome as our D depth is looking.

This organization hasn't looked this good since I've been following them.

WestIslander

Feb 5, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
If we build around as the core:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
XXXXX - XXXXX - Collberg
XXXXX - Eller - XXXXX
XXXXX - White - XXXXX

Gorges - Subban
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Ellis - Thrower

Price
Tokarski

- We need depth at centre (skilled centres) and wingers like Pacioretty, Gallagher and Collberg, I think that we will end up trading at least one 2nd round draft pick this season so if we are left with 3 picks in the top 60, we need to draft centres and wingers.

FYI: I don't have high hopes for Leblanc and Kristo

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I just keep hoping the Flames and Preds lose. The Flames should rebuild and I expect them to move a few players before deadline which would mean they will suck even more:naughty: If the pick is around 35, I will be very happy

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Budaj's looking (and IMO always has) like a real solid back-up. Tokarski could be legit. I'd rather not go for a goalie with one of our top 4s. We have a chance to make our forward depth to looks as awesome as our D depth is looking.

This organization hasn't looked this good since I've been following them.

I don't think we HAVE to draft a goalie early, but if a 1st round calibre guy slips like Jarry or Fucale then it's a no brainer.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Why does Thrower continue to get preference over Dietz or even Ellis? Both guys have had better seasons and Brisebois raved about Dietz and his professionalism.

I think the Habs should/will target Samuel Morin in the draft. Huge frame on a good skater... Will fill out and be a weapon back there as a hard hitting shutdown defender, that can scrap and is a Francophone for a bonus. He'd be a solid second round pickup.

Duclair probably is a legitimate shot as another second round pick.

I'd like to realistically pick up two of Rychel, Mantha, Lazar, Gauthier with the first rounder and Calgary second.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Why does Thrower continue to get preference over Dietz or even Ellis? Both guys have had better seasons and Brisebois raved about Dietz and his professionalism.

I think the Habs should/will target Samuel Morin in the draft. Huge frame on a good skater... Will fill out and be a weapon back there as a hard hitting shutdown defender, that can scrap and is a Francophone for a bonus. He'd be a solid second round pickup.

I'd like to realistically pick up two of Rychel, Mantha, Lazar, Gauthier with the first rounder and Calgary second.

Your hopes seem pretty high my friend, although I do wish all of this to be true I'm pretty confident duclair goes in the late first and we should be in position to draft middle first

Habtchum*

I've seen Duclair played recently and I was not impressed at all. Slight frame, shy near the boards, nothing exceptional with his skating and puck handling... Could had been a bad game for him... ? I dunno.

If Habs have the chance to draft a bigger forward, they should.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
If we build around as the core:

XXXXX - XXXXX - Collberg
XXXXX - Eller - XXXXX
XXXXX - White - XXXXX

Gorges - Subban
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Ellis - Thrower

Price
Tokarski

- We need depth at centre (skilled centres) and wingers like Pacioretty, Gallagher and Collberg, I think that we will end up trading at least one 2nd round draft pick this season so if we are left with 3 picks in the top 60, we need to draft centres and wingers.

FYI: I don't have high hopes for Leblanc and Kristo
I don't have high hope for Leblanc too, but I do for Kristo

XXXXX - XXXXX - Collberg
XXXXX - Eller - Kristo
Hudon - White - Dumont

Diaz - Subban
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Pateryn - Bennett
Dietz

Price
Tokarski

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
1st-Zadorov 2nd-Fucale 2nd-Petan 2nd-Subban would be my favourite doubt we are lucky enough to get zadorov though..,.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I'm sure Habs will draft a goalie with one of the first 4 picks. Bergevin said last year that he had wish they could draft one at some point in the draft but it didn't materialized. So the need is even bigger this year (true that Tokarski changes the situation a bit).

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I think Montreal should avoid blueliners this draft. Everyone keeps looking at the team now but already in the system are three big, physical D-men (Tinordi, Pateryn, Ellis) and three mid sized guys who can muck if needed (Thrower, Dietz, Beaulieu). We're good on D.

Montreal needs more right handed shots and some size for the left wing. They also need a goaltender with back-up potential. Tokarski was a good start.

No need for a center unless they find a right handed center that could be better than Nattinen and Pribyl or the center is BPA.

bpa...

we have nice looking prospects both upfront and at d. if timmins believes the best guy available is a d-man-- you take him, imo.

Halifaxhab*

I see Morin as more of a late 3rd/early 4th rounder, his skating is just hard to watch right now. MTL should target Matt Murphy with a 2nd round pick, he offers some of a hybrid of Gorges and Beaulieu (solid on D, and can move the puck very well) GO Mooseheads GO

Another prospect we should look at is Tyler Hill. That kid has potential to be another Pacioretty, but with more size and mean streak.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Since everyone else is doing one...

1st: Darnell Nurse/Nikita Zadorov/Frederik Gauthier
2nd: Jacob de la Rose
2nd: Ryan Kujawinski
2nd: Keaton Thompson
3rd: Nick Moutrey

I also would love to get any of Morin, Santini, Hartman, Carrier, Nastasiuk, McCarron, or Diaby in the 2nd round. There's so much talent this years draft.

I'd say the Habs could use a right-hand shooting RW power forward to replace Cole in not many years.

Yes please.

Actually size in any forward position would be nice. The biggest forward in the prospect pool is Quailer and I don't recall every seeing him lay a body check.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Your hopes seem pretty high my friend, although I do wish all of this to be true I'm pretty confident duclair goes in the late first and we should be in position to draft middle first

I disagree on Duclair. I think his stock is falling and will definitely be a later second round pick. Just my opinion though.

I think the Habs pick around 17-20 based on keeping up their current record. Also assuming Calgary continues to slide, I figure the Habs will pick very early in the second round.

Mantha, Rychel, Lazar, Gauthier all seem to slot in that 17-30 area from all accounts I've seen to date.

Now Duclair might not slide at all but I don't think it's unreasonable to say we'd have a shot at 2 out of 5 of those players.

Morin would likely be available in the mid to late second rounders that we have on our own and of Nashville.

We'd be adding size and skill at all positions.

Can you Imagine a future blueline of:

Tinordi - Subban
Beaulieu - Dietz
Morin - Thrower
Ellis

Size, skill, nastiness.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
1st: nurse/zadorov
2nd: Hartman
2nd: Fucale
2nd: Dauphin