Our first four draft picks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Kekalainen is a builder, no way he'll trade for Eller throwing a high pick.

CLB fans should be excited,
2 of the following will be a Bluejacket
Nathan MacKinnon
Seth Jones
Jonathan Drouin
Aleksander Barkov
Elias Lindholm

1 more mid first round
Adam Erne
Ryan Pulock
Josh Morrissey
Alexander Wennberg

Philly won't finish with a lottery pick.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Right now we'd currently pick, 26th, 35th, 55th and 56th.
Hartman, De La Rose, J.Subban and Desrosiers,

We have a solid core developing now
PK Subban (2nd Rnd Pick)
Price (1st Rnd Pick...5th overall)
Galchenyuk (1st Rnd Pick...3rd overall)
Pacioretty (1st Rnd pick...late)
Gallagher (5th Rnd Pick:amazed:)

It's now time to add complimentary players to this group to help push long term for a cup

Definitely...our Draft Picks are so important.
All of them.
We just have to stay healthy...that's the trick.
All our core players are healthy...we can go far.

Use DD, Weber, Kaberle to get whatever we can get for the playoffs! (or keep DD and Weber in case of anything...Kaberle may get us a 3rd Rnd Pick or a 2nd Rnd pick depending on how desperate a team is!). Or else...I want to keep all of our 1st and 2nd Rnd Picks in such a deep Draft.

I'd wait another two years (or three yrs!) before we think of giving up those 1st and 2nd Rnd Picks to get that kind of player that will help us win a CUP (ex: Dustin Byfuglien...he would be a beast for us!!). Would also be great to go very far without giving up any 1st and 2nd Rnd Picks!;) (possible if Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis,etc...all do well for us in 2-3 years or less...and then there's Thrower, Dietz,etc).

Markov-Byfuglien
Gorges-Subban
Bouillon/Emelin-Diaz

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Gotta find a way to get J.Subban:amazed:...what are our chances? (we'd have to give a 2nd Rnd Pick to move up in our 1st Rnd?? or not?).

I don't want Toronto or especially Boston getting J.Subban (if Boston gets him...PK is leaving Montreal for Boston:help::sarcasm:).

(and...PK Subban will want to stay here for a long time with J.Subban here!! even with Bergevin lowballing him and Therrien reducing his minutes!).

Dada

May 12, 2012
Gotta get Gauthier, he's our bWoy, and Subban with our last 2nd pick.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Is it me, or Jordan Subban is exactly what we DON'T need?

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Why? Why is he not what we need?

I've read that he may be as good as PK...one day.

These mostly turns out to be just hype. From recent memory, not many brothers duos are even in terms of skill in the NHL. The Sedins are twins so they're a bit of an exception.

Eric is much better than Jordan.

Jamie is much better than Jordie.

Taylor is much better than Tom.

Paul is much better than Ian was.

Chris is much better than Anthony.

That's just off the top of my head. Although there are indeed brothers of similar skill that currently play/played. Most of the time though, it's the older brother that's really good and people start saying the younger one will be even better just because of the name and because it's a nice story.

Edit: Could we maybe package Eller with the 1st and two 2nd's to move up in the top 10? Maybe throw in a 3rd? Makes me worried as Eller is the biggest center on the team and having a combination of Desharnais, Plekanec and Galchenyuk on the top 3 lines doesn't seem like a recipe for success. Might also be quite an overpyament for a top 10 that isn't 100% sure to pan out.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
These mostly turns out to be just hype. From recent memory, not many brothers duos are even in terms of skill in the NHL. The Sedins are twins so they're a bit of an exception.

Eric is much better than Jordan.

Jamie is much better than Jordie.

Taylor is much better than Tom.

Paul is much better than Ian was.

Chris is much better than Anthony.

That's just off the top of my head. Although there are indeed brothers of similar skill that currently play/played. Most of the time though, it's the older brother that's really good and people start saying the younger one will be even better just because of the name and because it's a nice story.

Edit: Could we maybe package Eller with the 1st and two 2nd's to move up in the top 10? Maybe throw in a 3rd? Makes me worried as Eller is the biggest center on the team and having a combination of Desharnais, Plekanec and Galchenyuk on the top 3 lines doesn't seem like a recipe for success. Might also be quite an overpyament for a top 10 that isn't 100% sure to pan out.

So, no J.Subban for you! Fair enough (your explanation).
J.Subban is small (but still growing!)...but pair him with Tinordi and...could be a great pairing. But would love to see Tinordi play with PK one day.
J.Subban might grow to be 5'11, no? not so bad.
I'm hard-headed! I might just gamble and go with J.Subban with a late 1st Rnd pick...or use our first 2nd Rnd pick if he's still available. Bos or Toronto might go for him...anyways...I trust Timmins more than me! (although Parise or Phaneuf were my picks vs A.Kostitsyn...). And it was Galchenyuk or Dumba for me at 3rd overall (still think Dumba will be another PK Subban one day).

And...
Eller+1st+2nd for a top 10 overall pick...no way!! (major overpayment...major risk). We have Timmins...he can do wonders with the 1st Rnd Pick we have and three 2nd Rnd Picks.
Eller was a 13th poverall pick for a reason...not going to give him away plus so many picks for a 10th overall (or 7th to 10th). Eller could right now be a solid 2nd line center on 5 (or more) NHL teams...not giving that away. We finally have two top 6 or top 9 tall/big centers (Galchenyuk and Eller)...keep it this way. At worst...Eller is a solid 3rd line center.

Recipe for more chances of success imo:
Pleks...Galchenyuk...Eller...Leblanc(winger/center), but keep DD right now for CENTER DEPTH/injuries,etc.

Last edited:

PricePkPatch*

Is it me, or Jordan Subban is exactly what we don't need?

(Need to leave)

Look, just re-stating what I asked you to elaborate on is not going to make me answer any more.

Small defenseman

True, he's only 5'9'' according to the Bulls website. He'll probably end up at 5'11 or 6' tops. I'd be really surprised if he ends up any taller. Not exactly big for an NHL Dman.

Fair enough. 5'11 ain't big, but it's not diminutive, at least. I am curious to see how good is his hockey IQ, how fast he can move and pass, as well as how physical he plays; especially how strong he is.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
Definitely...our Draft Picks are so important.
All of them.
We just have to stay healthy...that's the trick.
All our core players are healthy...we can go far.

Use DD, Weber, Kaberle to get whatever we can get for the playoffs! (or keep DD and Weber in case of anything...Kaberle may get us a 3rd Rnd Pick or a 2nd Rnd pick depending on how desperate a team is!). Or else...I want to keep all of our 1st and 2nd Rnd Picks in such a deep Draft.

I'd wait another two years (or three yrs!) before we think of giving up those 1st and 2nd Rnd Picks to get that kind of player that will help us win a CUP (ex: Dustin Byfuglien...he would be a beast for us!!). Would also be great to go very far without giving up any 1st and 2nd Rnd Picks!;) (possible if Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis,etc...all do well for us in 2-3 years or less...and then there's Thrower, Dietz,etc).

Markov-Byfuglien
Gorges-Subban
Bouillon/Emelin-Diaz

I've never thought of the possibility of picking up Byfuglien. Winnipeg's not doing too great this year and might be willing to part way with him if we make an interesting offer. He comes with a hefty cap hit but Byfuglien would bring a lot to this team. His size and offensive capabilities would really help us.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
I've never thought of the possibility of picking up Byfuglien. Winnipeg's not doing too great this year and might be willing to part way with him if we make an interesting offer. He comes with a hefty cap hit but Byfuglien would bring a lot to this team. His size and offensive capabilities would really help us.

I don't think he's the kind of player we need. We have plenty of offensively capable Dmen in Markov, Subban and to a lesser extent Diaz. The only shutdown Dman we have is Gorges. In my opinion, what we need the most is a big shutdown D capable of clearing the front of the net. Something like Komisarek in is MTL's days.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
if anything, I see us gaining a pick or 2 with kaberle and weber back there.

I would move kaberle for a late first, early second and weber for a 2nd. I still like Kaberle's value if markov, pk, or gorges goes down.

future is bright, love the way the team's shaping up and I'm pumped for this years draft.

lucked out with last year with our **** year....

guy's that could be pushing at the door, early as next year:

leblanc
kristo
collberg
tinordi
beaulieu

(that's a maybe)

not a lot of room in the line-up. habs look to be dangerous, and with the recent drafting, with the all this picks, i'm pumped for draft day.

this team is going to be tough to beat in 2-3 years.

I would be willing to move our 1st, our second to jump up if there's a guy falls. deep draft, for the top 10-15 players.

leblanc - no way
kristo - possibly
collberg - not ready
tinordi - Pateryn is better today
beaulieu - nope, see Pateryn

PricePkPatch*

I don't think he's the kind of player we need. We have plenty of offensively capable Dmen in Markov, Subban and to a lesser extent Diaz. The only shutdown Dman we have is Gorges. In my opinion, what we need the most is a big shutdown D capable of clearing the front of the net. Something like Komisarek in is MTL's days.

Tinordi is coming up the farm, tho. It wouldn't hurt us to have another prospect ready to join us 4 years down the road.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal

Yea I agree with you but the thing about Byfuglien is that he might have a weak defensive side to his game but he still clear the net and punish players in our own end and he's an elite offensive defenseman. I can see him taking Diaz's spot.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

Byfuglien is the one that really makes me salivate for our team.
He has everything and...he can even play forward if needed, but would love him to be our dman one day at a decent price or as ufa one day? He could really make us a contender...he could make a lot of teams a contender if the chemistry is there. He handled/battled Pronger very well to help Chi win the Cup.

Still think Chicago should have found a way to keep him (core of Toews, Byfuglien, Kane). Byfuglien can be that HUGE power forward for us that stays in front of the net (hard to remove)...OR he can be that power dman we've needed since decades. And he'd help us in a huge way vs the Boston Gooins and the Toronto maple-goons.

Markov-Byfuglien:amazed:
Gorges-Subban
Emelin/Bouillon-Diaz

And then with Tinordi (in a year or more)...our D would go from small/average to huge!

(but right now our D is pretty balanced/good with at least one solid dman on each pairing...Gorges, Subban, Markov all separated to create balance...not amazing but not bad at all with a healthy Markov, Subban, and Gorges).

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Byfuglien is the one that really makes me salivate for our team.
He has everything and...he can even play forward if needed, but would love him to be our dman one day at a decent price or as ufa one day? He could really make us a contender...he could make a lot of teams a contender if the chemistry is there. He handled/battled Pronger very well to help Chi win the Cup.

Still think Chicago should have found a way to keep him (core of Toews, Byfuglien, Kane). Byfuglien can be that HUGE power forward for us that stays in front of the net (hard to remove)...OR he can be that power dman we've needed since decades. And he'd help us in a huge way vs the Boston Gooins and the Toronto maple-goons.

Markov-Byfuglien:amazed:
Gorges-Subban
Emelin/Bouillon-Diaz

And then with Tinordi (in a year or more)...our D would go from small/average to huge!

(but right now our D is pretty balanced/good with at least one solid dman on each pairing...Gorges, Subban, Markov all separated to create balance...not amazing but not bad at all with a healthy Markov, Subban, and Gorges).

If Diaz can keep playing like he does. He could paired with Tinordi. That would give the team balanced scoring and physicality/size across the 3 pairs. Not to mention the D would be fairly young. We'd get rid of Bouillon and keep Emelin as a 7th Dman. Hell, we could even trade him, he'd get a pretty good return me thinks. I wouldn't be against acquiring Byfuglien provided he's used with a partner than can cover his recklessness. He'd provide great support for Markov with his physical play.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Apparently I'm off base with kaberle and weber, both. I would trade weber for a 3rd, wouldn't move kaberle though. I like his value to the habs if someone goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad