Our first four draft picks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB
i think he fills a huge need if a player goes down. can play the pp, almost a .5 ppg player. he makes mistakes, but he has value for the habs if they lose a puck mover. if markov goes down, kaberle would be able to move the puck around on the pp, and still play 15 minutes a night. he's a guy a team could use for a playoff push, or for us if we're not healthy.

sometimes I think habs fan believe all teams are full of subban's and markov's. kaberle has value, fans just look for his mistakes and was adjusting to the system last year. he had a bad year in carolina, bruins wanted to retain him.

Right now, he is none of these things. Having said that, I would venture a guess that, with next year being his walk year, he'll suddenly find at least some of the traits that made him such a valuable defenceman. SO, while we're stuck with him, I don't think he'll be that useless next year.

Lizard King*

I think that with these picks the Habs have a lot of trades they can pull off to better their team. They have players that can be used as good trade bait and decent picks they can also use without harming their roster.

If we trade someone it looks like we have a prospect for every position that could fill in.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
if anything, I see us gaining a pick or 2 with kaberle and weber back there.

I would move kaberle for a late first, early second and weber for a 2nd. I still like Kaberle's value if markov, pk, or gorges goes down.

future is bright, love the way the team's shaping up and I'm pumped for this years draft.

lucked out with last year with our **** year....

guy's that could be pushing at the door, early as next year:

leblanc
kristo
collberg
tinordi
beaulieu

(that's a maybe)

not a lot of room in the line-up. habs look to be dangerous, and with the recent drafting, with the all this picks, i'm pumped for draft day.

this team is going to be tough to beat in 2-3 years.

I would be willing to move our 1st, our second to jump up if there's a guy falls. deep draft, for the top 10-15 players.

Kristo would have to get out of jail first
:sarcasm:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
What I'd like to get...

- Big centerman
- LW with speed and size.
- Mean SOB D-Men
- The BPA available after those, not excluding a goalie.

This said, it's probably mandatory to draft a goalie, at whichever point in draft.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
What I'd like to get...

- Big centerman
- Mean SOB D-Men

This said, it's probably mandatory to draft a goalie, at whichever point in draft.

In our core we already have a LW with speed and size (MaxPAc), and in our vet group we have both a LW and a RW with speed and size (Bourque and Cole), and Bourque is 3 years younger than Cole. There is also possibly Eller to play LW. Our RW is otherwise comprised of Gionta, Gallagher and Arnstrong/White, maybe Leblanc.

I think what we need up front before a LW is a RW with speed and size.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
In our core we already have a LW with speed and size (MaxPAc), and in our vet group we have both a LW and a RW with speed and size (Bourque and Cole), and Bourque is 3 years younger than Cole. There is also possibly Eller to play LW. Our RW is otherwise comprised of Gionta, Gallagher and Arnstrong/White, maybe Leblanc.

I think what we need up front before a LW is a RW with speed and size.

You have a point, but to be honest, I considered Kristo in my list as well.

Isn't Bozon an RW as well?

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
What I'd like to get...

- Big centerman
- Mean SOB D-Men

i hope we don't draft a goalie unless it is somebody they really want. price is around for a longtime, goalies do not get much value wise, and back-up veterans are a dime a dozen.

I would rather use that pick to trade up, just look at what timmins can do with late round draft picks.

Timmins is probably one of the habs most valuable assets. he continues to provide the right players, no matter the round. His weakness has been the 1st round, but it's not too bad outside akost.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I am all for improving the team. That is all that I care about.

If at the deadline Bergevin can go out and get a power forward or a big stay at home defenceman for a second rounder I am all for it. That being said I am only for it if the player is signed for next year as well.

I would also love to use the picks to trade up in the draft if they can get someone who they really want. If they can not I am very happy to add at least four good prospects to our prospect pool.

Chris Phifer

Oct 16, 2006
I'd prefer if MB kept all four picks.
After the success we had in last year's draft, I'm becoming more and more excited the closer we get to the draft, regardless of where the 2nd round picks end up. With a late 2nd rounder last year we managed to snag Thrower, and the players we selected after the 2nd round have all shown that they may prove to be valuable down the road. Just thinking of all the potential players who could slide into the later 2nd round in a deep draft like this, Timmins should make us all very happy again this year.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven

I would move kaberle for a late first, early second and weber for a 2nd. I still like Kaberle's value if markov, pk, or gorges goes down.

future is bright, love the way the team's shaping up and I'm pumped for this years draft.

leblanc
kristo
collberg
tinordi
beaulieu

(that's a maybe)

not a lot of room in the line-up. habs look to be dangerous, and with the recent drafting, with the all this picks, i'm pumped for draft day.

I would be willing to move our 1st, our second to jump up if there's a guy falls. deep draft, for the top 10-15 players.

- Right now we are as likely of trading Kaberle 1for1 for a 1st round pick or even an early 2nd, as we are to see our world destroyed by giant squids from space.

- Weber is not worth more than a 60th overall pick, so we would have to trade him to the top 3 best teams in the league.

- I don't see why we wouldn't be hard to beat this year or next year.

Xss

Jul 9, 2009
Unless we have major injuries on defense I'd expect one of Weber or Kaberle to be traded to replace the fourth round pick we lost to the islanders but I doubt we can get much more than that, especially if they never play.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
- Right now we are as likely of trading Kaberle 1for1 for a 1st round pick or even an early 2nd, as we are to see our world destroyed by giant squids from space.

- Weber is not worth more than a 60th overall pick, so we would have to trade him to the top 3 best teams in the league.

- I don't see why we wouldn't be hard to beat this year or next year.
I'm ready for giant squids.
th

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

leblanc
kristo
collberg
tinordi
beaulieu

(that's a maybe)

No one in the world will give Montreal a third let alone a late first for Kaberle.
Every team in the NHL knows that Montreal will be buying out Kaberle next year add that to the fact that Kaberle is not playing = ZERO trade value.

Montreal will take a 7th rounder if offered
Saves them cap space and allows them to buy out anohter player next year if they wanted to.
Weber might fetch a 4t (hasn't played all year, has no trade value)

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I'd love to see Timmins land 4 of the following, and in order of preference they are:

Wennberg
Gauthier
Zadarov
Nurse
Zykov
Diaby
Morin

Actually I'd be happy with any 2 of these, very happy with 3, ecstatic with 4.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Columbus has 3 first round picks.

If we wind up trading Eller, I wouldn't be surprised if we packaged him and one of our seconds to get one of their firsts. I say that because there new GM Jarmo Kekalainen is the one who drafted him in St.Louis.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
i hope we don't draft a goalie unless it is somebody they really want. price is around for a longtime, goalies do not get much value wise, and back-up veterans are a dime a dozen.

I would rather use that pick to trade up, just look at what timmins can do with late round draft picks.

Timmins is probably one of the habs most valuable assets. he continues to provide the right players, no matter the round. His weakness has been the 1st round, but it's not too bad outside akost.

I think TT has picked it up of late in the first round. Patches, McDonough, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Galchenyuk. Jury's still out on LL but other than that and Fischer, I wouldn't exactly call it a weakness.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

If we wind up trading Eller, I wouldn't be surprised if we packaged him and one of our seconds to get one of their firsts. I say that because there new GM Jarmo Kekalainen is the one who drafted him in St.Louis.

I think Kekelainen is wise enough NOT to throw a Top-8 (at least) draft pick to another team...

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Why do we need to draft Jordan Subban? Because he's a Subban? Jordan is 5'9" 160lbs, Though he's only 17, I highly doubt he'll grow into 6'0+ Still he's got some offense but a bit undersize. If we are lucky, maybe use a 4th round pick on him.

Looks like we are going to make the playoffs this season unless the wheels fall off.

I like these guys when our picks.
1st round pick:
Adam Erne (great hands Giroux-lite),
Ryan Pulock (has Al MacInnis like shot),
Josh Morrissey (offensive dman, great skater and puck skills, comparison Ryan Suter)
Alexander Wennberg (not a fast skater but great hands like Henrik Sedin, undersize)

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011

Kekalainen is a builder, no way he'll trade for Eller throwing a high pick.

CLB fans should be excited,
2 of the following will be a Bluejacket
Nathan MacKinnon
Seth Jones
Jonathan Drouin
Aleksander Barkov
Elias Lindholm

1 more mid first round
Adam Erne
Ryan Pulock
Josh Morrissey
Alexander Wennberg