Our first four draft picks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Right now we'd currently pick, 26th, 35th, 55th and 56th.

I know everyone loves how were doing right now, but lets not forget, this is a shortened season, and come trade deadline I hope Bergevin stays focused and doesn't use the four. It will be extremely helpful for the long term if on top of Galchenyuk and Gallagher we add

Hartman, De La Rose, Subban and Desrosiers,

I know those names seem silly now but over the long term they could add more offence to this team, which will be a good thing

We have a solid core developing now

Subban
Price
Galchenyuk
Pacioretty
Gallagher(possibly)

It's now time to add complimentary players to this group to help push long term for a cup

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
In almost every interview Bergevin talks about the long-term view and how important the draft is. I would be shocked if he goes into rental mode using those picks.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
This draft could end up being quite amazing for the Habs.

The only thing I would be comfortable doing with those picks (other than picking four future NHLers with them) would be packaging a couple (or few) to get a higher pick to play with Galchenyuk in the future, since it seems like this team won't be drafting top 10 this year (knock on wood).

pine*

Man, imagine if we'd been able to pickup the Flames 1st instead of their 2nd... :amazed:

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
if anything, I see us gaining a pick or 2 with kaberle and weber back there.

I would move kaberle for a late first, early second and weber for a 2nd. I still like Kaberle's value if markov, pk, or gorges goes down.

future is bright, love the way the team's shaping up and I'm pumped for this years draft.

lucked out with last year with our **** year....

guy's that could be pushing at the door, early as next year:

leblanc
kristo
collberg
tinordi
beaulieu

(that's a maybe)

not a lot of room in the line-up. habs look to be dangerous, and with the recent drafting, with the all this picks, i'm pumped for draft day.

this team is going to be tough to beat in 2-3 years.

I would be willing to move our 1st, our second to jump up if there's a guy falls. deep draft, for the top 10-15 players.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
looking at the depth, imo, we need a game-breaker on the wing. Only Colberg looks like a really good bet for the top 6

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
:laugh:

Really? You would move Kaberle for a 1st round pick? What a steal that would be for the other team!!

i think he fills a huge need if a player goes down. can play the pp, almost a .5 ppg player. he makes mistakes, but he has value for the habs if they lose a puck mover. if markov goes down, kaberle would be able to move the puck around on the pp, and still play 15 minutes a night. he's a guy a team could use for a playoff push, or for us if we're not healthy.

sometimes I think habs fan believe all teams are full of subban's and markov's. kaberle has value, fans just look for his mistakes and was adjusting to the system last year. he had a bad year in carolina, bruins wanted to retain him.

djblue

May 21, 2008
Domi
Duclair
Carrier
J.Subban:sarcasm:

We could get them with those picks

Last edited:

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
At 4.25 mil a season we'd be lucky to have a 3rd rounfld pick for a player that's not even playing. You're WAY off with your 1st round pick.

I very well could be, but I wouldn't move him for a 3rd rounder. He has more value to the habs than a 3rd round pick. He fills a big need if a puck mover goes down.

whether it is:

markov
subban
diaz

all puck movers, could fill in the role, adequately, if a guy goes down and still remain competitive.

nobody outside kaberle, on our team, could replace these 3 like kaberle. it sucks for kaberle, but puck-moving is a strength when healthy.

maybe I'm totally wrong, but that's how I see it.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Right now we'd currently pick, 26th, 35th, 55th and 56th.

I know everyone loves how were doing right now, but lets not forget, this is a shortened season, and come trade deadline I hope Bergevin stays focused and doesn't use the four. It will be extremely helpful for the long term if on top of Galchenyuk and Gallagher we add

Hartman, De La Rose, Subban and Desrosiers,

I know those names seem silly now but over the long term they could add more offence to this team, which will be a good thing

We have a solid core developing now

Subban
Price
Galchenyuk
Pacioretty
Gallagher(possibly)

It's now time to add complimentary players to this group to help push long term for a cup

Habs too far away from a cup contender to be buyers.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It depends what you are buying.

According to who was available....Habs a top player away from Cup contender. Not much available without hurting team now. If I was Habs GM I'd put an offer sheet for O'Reilly. Long as he was locked up long term, 5+ years. Give up our 1st and 2nd, 3rd round picks. But with him be drafting 25th or so. 25th or so best we going to get in draft is Max Domi caliber...O'Reilly be top 10 pick if he was in this draft.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
According to who was available....Habs a top player away from Cup contender. Not much available without hurting team now. If I was Habs GM I'd put an offer sheet for O'Reilly. Long as he was locked up long term, 5+ years. Give up our 1st and 2nd, 3rd round picks. But with him be drafting 25th or so. 25th or so best we going to get in draft is Max Domi caliber...O'Reilly be top 10 pick if he was in this draft.

If MB refused to give Subban a long term contract, there is no way he is going to offer RoR a long term contract.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
Humm Drouin is a future star and on a completely different level than the 2 big defencemen.

You can move up to get guys like Nurse or Zadorov... but not Drouin.
I agree and don't want us too us he isn't a sure thing and we would have to overpay alot. Who do you like more nurse or zadorov and why?

Rutabaga

Apr 27, 2010
Middle of Nowhere

Sherman would immediately match the offer sheet (just like Bergevin with Subban, because that offer sheet will make them looked like forced the sign the deal), thats why no one is really trying that way.

Anyway, considering how difficult it was to find a deal with Subban, trading for another player in the same situation is not really likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad