Our Enemies Matchup: Hode Your Node and Cheer For...

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I'm getting used to Boston being a good club and them making the playoffs. And it's so fun to see the Leafs out of them. So I hope for a B's victory.

Same here. How great would a Leafs collapse be this year? I don't think it'll happen but the reactions would be spectacular.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Toronto at Boston, Thursday night at 7:00pm.

Do you cheer strategically for Toronto so that we stay in first another day?

Do you cheer longer-term and hope Boston wins to keep Toronto lower in the standings?

Do you cheer emotionally and hope for an all-out nuclear gang war?

Ironically, I'm traveling to Toronto tomorrow and will be in Leaf-land during the game. Should be interesting...

Cant cheer for either one. I am hoping that it will be a blowout for one side or the other so one team will forget about hockey and goon it up.:laugh:

Would love to see some good fights from the game (but probably wont happen). It would be awesome to see McClaren fighting Chara, McClaren fighting Thornton (knockout of Thornton would be awesome) Fraser fighting Lucic.

But the biggest highlight of the night would be Kadri fighting Marchand. It would be hilarious seeing two pukes going at it.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Yeah, I plan to explain that strategy when I'm in Toronto, wearing my Habs jersey ("What - this? Why yes, I've been a Habs fan for... let's see... about 10 Stanley Cups. You?")

I'm an '83 born so 2 cups and a final.

I envy you! Still, I've lived in leafs nation for the last ten years and I wear my hometown bleu, blanc, rouge proudly and often bring up the joy of having enjoyed Cups in REAL LIFE!!! Hoping to move back to MTL in time for the POs though so my trip to the ACC last Wed was a great farewell (if all goes according to plan) to these loser fans. Oh the fights. I'll miss the fights.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Cant cheer for either one. I am hoping that it will be a blowout for one side or the other so one team will forget about hockey and goon it up.:laugh:

Would love to see some good fights from the game (but probably wont happen). It would be awesome to see McClaren fighting Chara, McClaren fighting Thornton (knockout of Thornton would be awesome) Fraser fighting Lucic.

But the biggest highlight of the night would be Kadri fighting Marchand. It would be hilarious seeing two pukes going at it.

Marchand will accuse Kadri of running away from Tim Horty....err Dunkin Horty?

Krautso

Nov 30, 2007
Would enjoy the drama of the leafs completely sh#$kicking boston on the scoreboard and on the ice..then in the parking lot..then the airport..you get my drift.

The B's are by far our biggest rival and while I respect they have a good team over there, watching them skid (it would be 3 games then on the bounce) would be nice and take a little bloom off the rose..so to speak.

Not hoping for injuries but if someone could dust up marchand and sequin a little...I wouldn't mind.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Although I agree on hating Boston way much more, they still have a good team that will be a contender. The leafs, they suck, they should be outside the POs.
I don't want both of those teams to make the POs, so, let the team that's better get the points.

Strategically this makes perfect sense but I can't. Boston hate is significantly more so id rather they lose bad. Rather get the better team on a low and kill their confidence.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I think fans older than ~40 will cheer for Boston because they consider Toronto to be our rival.

I'm 29, I'll cheer for Toronto, because when a non-rival plays against a rival, I cheer for the non-rival. Toronto has not been a rival in decades.

If Colton Orr fights Milan Lucic, I will hope that Orr wins.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
I would prefer to have Bruins fans gloat about being in 1st place than Leafs fan. If Leafs finish in first, I will be ill.....literally.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
definitely going for boston. I see them surpassing Montreal when the games even out, so might as well stop Toronto from getting 2 points.

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want
Toronto at Boston, Thursday night at 7:00pm.

Do you cheer strategically for Toronto so that we stay in first another day?

Do you cheer longer-term and hope Boston wins to keep Toronto lower in the standings?

Do you cheer emotionally and hope for an all-out nuclear gang war?

Ironically, I'm traveling to Toronto tomorrow and will be in Leaf-land during the game. Should be interesting...

Toronto and the Media have been promoting there new toughness this year! Is it to early or the right game tonight to measure how tough they really are? Toronto if they play like the last 10 games can mail it in and not borther showing up.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
They both goon it up.
Suspensions will happen
Leafs win

Keep those B's away from us in the standings, and keep Leafs up in the standings so they don't draft high

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
Weird, but I'm almost more interested by thr TOR/BOS game than Habs game :laugh:

I'll be watching both!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad