Our Enemies Matchup: Hode Your Node and Cheer For...

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Toronto at Boston, Thursday night at 7:00pm.

Do you cheer strategically for Toronto so that we stay in first another day?

Do you cheer longer-term and hope Boston wins to keep Toronto lower in the standings?

Do you cheer emotionally and hope for an all-out nuclear gang war?

Ironically, I'm traveling to Toronto tomorrow and will be in Leaf-land during the game. Should be interesting...

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
I hope for two things:

1) it's not a three point game
2) it's a bloody war and they beat the absolute **** out of each other because they each want to be king of the jungle
3) couple suspensions

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Cheer for Boston because they'll likely finish ahead of us anyway.

Plus the more the Leafs win, the more we have to deal with stupid threads on the main board about how they're the new "it" team.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
Can the ACC blow up and both teams lose?
Oh wait no! I got tickets for the April 13th game.

Hoping for a Leafs loss and Leafs to beat Boston in a couple of days.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I hope for two things:

2) it's a bloody war and they beat the absolute **** out of each other because they each want to be king of the jungle
3) couple suspensions

#1 is paramount. Can't go to OT for us.

#2 is possible, we'll see.

#3 is almost impossible, you know the Bruins don't get suspensions!:sarcasm:

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto

Plus the more the Leafs win, the more we have to deal with stupid threads on the main board about how they're the new "it" team.

Ahh, that's true too.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
the real enemy matchup is tommorow when toronto play boston. ottawa are a irrelevant team to me

They've beaten the Habs twice so far. I don't think they're completely irrelevant. Then again so did the Isles.. So I don't know...

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal

Pessimism :shakehead

With this start, I wanna finish first and I think they can.

I'm cheering for the zebras.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I hope for two things:

3) couple suspensions

All of that and Boston win. I don't care if we don't hold on to the 1st spot. As far as I,m concerned, we proved our point that we aren't a ****** team. Seeing the schedule, they're going to have a couple more games in hand. I hate both teams. But this season, I hate Laffs team more. Besides, if Laffs fall out of playoffs, that would be great.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I'd like to keep our first place....i'd like get Toronto as far away from us as possible......hummm.

I'll go with Boston for the 2 points....and i'll go with Toronto to beat the **** out of them in the process!

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Toronto at Boston, Thursday night at 7:00pm.

Do you cheer strategically for Toronto so that we stay in first another day?

Do you cheer longer-term and hope Boston wins to keep Toronto lower in the standings?

Do you cheer emotionally and hope for an all-out nuclear gang war?

Ironically, I'm traveling to Toronto tomorrow and will be in Leaf-land during the game. Should be interesting...

I will NEVER NEVER root for the Bruins. I hope Leafs best them in every which way.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Hate to say it - I mean I REALLY hate to say it - but if Toronto wins tonight against Ottawa I may have to cheer for Boston to take them down tomorrow. I don't like the feeling of Leafs up my ass.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Hate to say it - I mean I REALLY hate to say it - but if Toronto wins tonight against Ottawa I may have to cheer for Boston to take them down tomorrow. I don't like the feeling of Leafs up my ass.
Hey, sometimes you got to clean it with something.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What are our priorities for the regular season?

#1 get in the PO
#2 leafs no playoffs
#3 Boston behind us.

That's what matters to me and it should always be like that.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
This is never, ever a question for me.

I would buy a Leafs jersey and move to Toronto sooner than I would ever think of cheering for the Bruins.

GO LEAFS.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
I'll hope for part of TD Garden to collapse but seeing as that is unlikely, might as well be Boston that wins with an all out war breaking out between the players.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I'm getting used to Boston being a good club and them making the playoffs. And it's so fun to see the Leafs out of them. So I hope for a B's victory.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
strategically, I hate to say, Boston. They will most likely get by us anyway (and if we win against Carolina, it won't be tomorrow night) so it's better to get back the 4pt lead over the leafs. Habs and Leafs are likely making the playoffs. Would like to be higher than them.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Leafs over Boston. Not really strategic, just I dislike Boston bruins more.

Although I agree on hating Boston way much more, they still have a good team that will be a contender. The leafs, they suck, they should be outside the POs.
I don't want both of those teams to make the POs, so, let the team that's better get the points.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
strategically, I hate to say, Boston. They will most likely get by us anyway (and if we win against Carolina, it won't be tomorrow night) so it's better to get back the 4pt lead over the leafs. Habs and Leafs are likely making the playoffs. Would like to be higher than them.

Yeah, I plan to explain that strategy when I'm in Toronto, wearing my Habs jersey ("What - this? Why yes, I've been a Habs fan for... let's see... about 10 Stanley Cups. You?")

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad