Our best Shooter

AustrianHockeyfan

Sep 7, 2015
Austria
Just curious what you guys think: Who is our best pure shooter? Has Matthews really the best shot or just the best nose to score goals? How good is Tavares shot, is it better than Matthews or is there even an outsider pick for best shooter?

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
I’d say Matthews followed closely by Tavares. Matthews has a quicker and more accurate release and its only going to get better. The way he can change his angles quickly is just next level.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'd expect a healthy Matthews to be our top goal scorer for years to come.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Nylander has a wicked shot, that he doesn’t use enough.

Imo it’s Matthews

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Matthews

Nylander
Tavares

I'd say Tavares scores a lot of his goals by just being smart and being able to adjust to the situation. Kinda like Matthews where he scores in multiple ways but Matthews shot is just...it's just filthy when he uses it.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Leivo is up there if he makes the team.

Matthews is easily number 1. I guess Tavares, Nylander, etc. would be up there too.

Reactions: Lauro

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
it depends on what you mean by shot

if you are talking all around shot then probably nylander or kapanen, they can not only snap it but take one timers.
if we are talking only one single dimension of shooting its matthews hands down.

Tmart335

Aug 19, 2018
Definitely agree. Matthews shot Is really world class.

Tavares has a great shot, but he scores a lot of his goals from hash marks and in. Really intelligent player that tips and redirects a lot of pucks. He also finds that quiet ice and creates plays to score himself

Matthews

Nylander
Tavares

I'd say Tavares scores a lot of his goals by just being smart and being able to adjust to the situation. Kinda like Matthews where he scores in multiple ways but Matthews shot is just...it's just filthy when he uses it.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
The good thing going for the team is they have a lot of players that can finish on their chances with nice shots like Marleau, Kadri, Marner, Rielly & Gardiner so that will always bode well.

Our lights-out, top-cheese 'shooters' per se would undoubtedly be:

Nothing to say about Matthews' shot. :bow:

Nylander can really get it off man, just has to fine tune a bit. When it's on, it's a thing of beauty.

(Ducks commentator could be related to Romanuk because he calls him Michael Nylander here too)

Tavares. Very cerebral and strong on his stick. He analyzes quick. He knows which areas will most likely be available. He can put the puck in for you down low in the corners, or in the upper-quarter of the net. I wouldn't necessarily call him a sniper but he can definitely shoot it if you give him some space and provide a screen lol..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->