Line Combos: Our best center is now White, Pageau or Smith

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Not false... Tierney produced 75% of his point playing on a line with Stone. Anyways let's just wait a couple days and see how he fares without Stone there's no point in arguing when proof is upcoming.

Source?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I think calling people out is ok sometimes anyone can misinterpret information.

Totally fair. I make mistakes too sometimes.

There's a difference between that and doubling down after being shown facts to the contrary.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Not false... Tierney produced 75% of his point playing on a line with Stone. Anyways let's just wait a couple days and see how he fares without Stone there's no point in arguing when proof is upcoming.

Same with everyone on this team you really cant say it applies only to Tierney, he has been good this year.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Same with everyone on this team you really cant say it applies only to Tierney, he has been good this year.

Not Duchene.. He never played with Stone and this was the comparison being made.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Not Duchene.. He never played with Stone and this was the comparison being made.

The "UFA Line" was together for a big chunk of November and December.

5on5, Stone played with Duchene for 197 mins, and with Duchene and Dzingel for 108 mins for a total of 305 mins

On the other hand, Stone and Tierney have 191 mins together, which is less time than either Duchene or White have spent with Stone.

OTT 1819 F Combos

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think White is a good young player and should be a fixture as a center on the 3rd or 2nd lines....But he isnt ready to handle front line duties

Reactions: Cosmix and billpo

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Were ****ed like i just dont.. i dont know what to say any more. I thought i wouldn't be mad.

I though it was over with the sens when Alfie left, then Spezza, Karlsson and i really thought i wouldnt care at all after Karlsson especially cause I've boycotted every game since my last thread in July until last night.

I havent even watched a game this year i listened to it while doing my apprenticeship work last night. you know what I'm just as pissed as ever.

Our center position is a ****ing disaster.

Who's playing top 6 white Smith or Pageau?

Whats line ups gonna be tonight and moving forward?

I know trades are still coming but all the more reason to start thinking what is this team going to look like night in night out going forward cause were stuck with it.
It's a rebuild and we're in last. So who cares? Start thinking about the 2020 draft, and all the prospects and picks coming in right now. There will be hope again soon.

Reactions: Variable26

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
So:

-Tierney leads the team in assists
-Plays the 2nd most PK minutes among forwards
-Had the least time on ice with Stone compared to Duchene and White

I think the answer is quite clear. It's Tierney.

I also would say Tierney.

Which is incredibly sad.

I think the more interesting question to ask is...once we deal Stone and Dzingel, how long has it been since the NHL will have seen a team this bad? I think we could maybe take the 2014-15 Sabres, but at least they got Eichel out of that. Even that bad Colorado team a couple years ago had plenty of talent on it.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Well, I'll post this to help out. Note that all these players could be upgraded by better players offensively and/or defensively but it gives you a realistic picture of the organization chart. Dzingel and Stone are still there but they could probably be gone soon too, as well as several vets in the near future (Ryan, Smith, Pageau, Tierney, Boedker, etc). I didn't bother to list AHL vets or prospects with no NHL potential (Burgess, AHL, etc)

Center :

1st line Actual : NONE
1st line Potential : Logan Brown

2nd line Actual : Colin White, Chris Tierney
2nd line Potential : Josh Norris, Filip Chlapik

3rd line Actual : J-G Pageau
3rd line Potential : NONE

4th line Actual : NONE
4th line Potential : Aaron Luchuk, Jean-Christophe Beaudin, Jakov Novak

Left Wing :

1st line Actual : Ryan Dzingel
1st line Potential : Brady Tkachuk

2nd line Actual : NONE
2nd line Potential : Rudolfs Balcers, Alex Formenton, Angus Crookshank

3rd line Actual : Mikkel Bødker, Zack Smith
3rd line Potential : Johnny Gruden

4th line Actual : Magnus Pääjärvi
4th line Potential : Nick Paul, Morgan Klimchuk

Right Wing :

1st line Actual : Mark Stone
1st line Potential : Drake Batherson, Vitali Abramov (boom/bust)

2nd line Actual : Bobby Ryan
2nd line Potential : NONE

3rd line Actual : NONE
3rd line Potential : Jonathan Davidsson

4th line Actual :
4th line Potential : Markus Nurmi, Parker Kelly

Left Defense :

1st pairing Actual : Thomas Chabot
1st pairing Potential : NONE

2nd pairing Actual : NONE
2nd pairing Potential : Christian Wolanin, Jonny Tychonick

3rd pairing Actual : Maxime Lajoie, Mark Borowiecki, Ben Harpur
3rd pairing Potential : Andreas Englund

Right Defense :

1st pairing Actual : NONE
1st pairing Potential : Jacob Bernard-Docker

2nd pairing Actual : Cody Ceci
2nd pairing Potential : Christian Jaros

3rd pairing Actual : Dylan DeMelo
3rd pairing Potential : NONE

Goaltending :

Starter Actual : Craig Anderson
Starter Potential : Filip Gustavsson, Joel Daccord

Back-up Actual : Anders Nilsson
Back-up Potential : Marcus Högberg, Kevin Mandolese (for now), Jordan Hollett (for now)

Major needs for me are (and would influence my drafting) :

1) Center with high end potential (2020 draft), can't put all hopes Logan Brown.
2) RD with potential, can't put all hopes JBD.
3) Good 2-way forwards for the bottom-6

Outside of that, I'd try to hit homeruns with my picks.

Reactions: h2owned

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah, like, I'm not a fan of Tierney's myself but he's way ahead of Smith on the depth chart. And clearly White is our best center as of now.
Yep and the kid has barely played a full season....Dont see this as being a good idea

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
our selections say it all...the guys you mentioned are not even second line centers...maybe White one day...but not today...not on any reputable NHL team

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I also would say Tierney.

Which is incredibly sad.

I think the more interesting question to ask is...once we deal Stone and Dzingel, how long has it been since the NHL will have seen a team this bad? I think we could maybe take the 2014-15 Sabres, but at least they got Eichel out of that. Even that bad Colorado team a couple years ago had plenty of talent on it.
Tbh if NYR deals Hayes and Kreider I could see them "challenging" us for last next year.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
So:

-Tierney leads the team in assists
-Plays the 2nd most PK minutes among forwards
-Had the least time on ice with Stone compared to Duchene and White

I think the answer is quite clear. It's Tierney.
I prefer White but Tierney deserves to be in the conversation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->