Oullett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
I'm ssooo pumped with just how well Max is playing but this brings up a couple questions........

1..Is this partly because of Hanlons influence (though giving up 38 shots to Atlanta doesn't seem to say so), thus Olie woulda had a good game too with the players actually seemingly playing hard with Hanlon pulling the strings (speaking of, I guess we can kiss goodbye to Ovy now...guess we'll just have to hope they make it to the lottery and they get a top 3-4 pick.....they're not gonna get anywhere in the plyoffs so thats the best we can hope for)?

2...If Max is ready to take over do they deal the unquestioned leader of the team?

3....If they do deal Olie what could they reasonably expect for a guy who definitely has the ability to be a top flight goalie but is in all honesty playing horrible (worst sv%, gaa in the league), and is being shown up right now by a rookie...nevermind that he makes $5-6 mil per and the goalie market isn't exactly in demand?

Biscuit Bullet

Feb 28, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
If the caps trade Kolzig, I suspect it will be at the deadline if they are out of the playoff picture. The deadline always creates a seller's market, so the caps could probably get the highest return then--maybe a young NHL caliber dman and a 1st rounder.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
Bonzai said:
If the caps trade Kolzig, I suspect it will be at the deadline if they are out of the playoff picture. The deadline always creates a seller's market, so the caps could probably get the highest return then--maybe a young NHL caliber dman and a 1st rounder.

I love Olie, but don't you think thats a bit much to ask for him....especially if his stats don't greatly improve?

I know it'll be a pretty hard sell to the fabs if they don't get quite a bit because he's such a fan fav.

He's still got a lot of holes in his game.

He seems to save every single shot he's sees, really accute. He gets into trouble not covering the net when he doesn't see the shot though. He's got all the tools, he's still rough around the edges.

But yeah, he's gunna be sick once he gets about 20 or 30 starts in him, settles down a bit and closes those holes. Watched him against Florida and Atlanta, looked real good.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
BrooklynCanuck said:
He's still got a lot of holes in his game.

He seems to save every single shot he's sees, really accute. He gets into trouble not covering the net when he doesn't see the shot though. He's got all the tools, he's still rough around the edges.

But yeah, he's gunna be sick once he gets about 20 or 30 starts in him, settles down a bit and closes those holes. Watched him against Florida and Atlanta, looked real good.

And with Hanlon being an ex-goalie it should really help his developement. My only problem now is with Olie wanting to play all the time how is he gonna get those starts to develop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->