Helene St. James Ouellet sent down, Marchenko makes team as #7

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Is this surprising to anyone else? I thought AM didn't look that good.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Surprising that Marchenko made it over Ouellet, because I agree I thought Marchenko looked pretty bad.

I hope we make an effort to find room for one of these guys if our bottom pair stinks. Someone needs to catch on before they all lose waiver exemption next year at the same time. Wish we could let Jensen be the #7 all year and get in some games.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Yea I mean... we have about 5 defensemen who all "deserve" the 6th defenseman slot.

What can you do.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
One day were going to have players leaving our organization because they're fed up with playing in the AHL when they should have been NHLers years ago

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
One day were going to have players leaving our organization because they're fed up with playing in the AHL when they should have been NHLers years ago

Yeah, but that already has happened in a way. With Janmark, Backman, and Jarnkrok.

Not that they should have been NHL'ers years ago, but they were fed up with the AHL after playing in Sweden pro's.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I agree.

I wasn't too impressed with Marchenko in camp.

Is there anyone that wasn't more impressed with Jensen? I even asked this in the Jensen thread. He looked really damn good out there but he was the one out of the 3 prospects sent down.

Anyone know what management thinks of the guy? What's he missing that seems to put him behind the other two?

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't see the upside in Ouellet, not that I think he's bad, so I'm glad Marchenko is up over him.

However Jensen has done a lot to deserve a look and I hope he gets one soon

Probert

Feb 27, 2008
Boston, MA
I think Cleary will retire and take a job with the team close to the players. Larkin makes the team. Ouellet fills in for DK until Marchenko is healthy. Pulki rides pine until he steals a spot. So does Ferraro. Until Holland packages Kindl and Andersson for picks.

:nod:

I keep coming back to my own recent post. I know, for once I guessed a bunch of stuff right. :yo:

Ouellet didn't get a chance to start as Marchenko gets healthy. Larkin has made the team (so far). Cleary I still think will retire rather than play in the AHL, and he'll take a job with the team that keeps him close to the players. I don't see Andersson or Kindl with the team after the trade deadline, and expect them to be shipped out much sooner than that. I also wouldn't be surprised if Ferraro is shopped and moved.

Is it Friday yet???? :popcorn: :help:

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I honestly do not see XO/Jensen/Marchenko as an upgrade to our top 6. At best it's a lateral move for a younger guy you can hope grows. For this reason, these kids are better served playing in all situations in Grand Rapids

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I keep coming back to my own recent post. I know, for once I guessed a bunch of stuff right. :yo:

Ouellet didn't get a chance to start as Marchenko gets healthy. Larkin has made the team (so far). Cleary I still think will retire rather than play in the AHL, and he'll take a job with the team that keeps him close to the players. I don't see Andersson or Kindl with the team after the trade deadline, and expect them to be shipped out much sooner than that. I also wouldn't be surprised if Ferraro is shopped and moved.

Is it Friday yet????

Fwiw:

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Marchenko was first in the pecking order last year too so I don't see why this is surprising. He looked good in the regular season, awful in the playoffs though.

Training camp doesn't mean jack unless you're a blue chip prospect (and this year is still an anomaly). In Detroit anyways. Jenson might have looked better than any of our defense, but he's still the #9 in terms of our defensemen. That's just reality.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Marchenko as a 7 is fine with me. I'd rather Ouellet and Jensen be in the starting 6, but Marchenko being a 7? That's fine.

Fwiw, I'm on the Ouellet > Jensen bus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad