Prospect Info: Otto Leskinen

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
ERJzUVEWkAU__AA

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Laval Rocket Season Review: Otto Leskinen’s first season in North America showed his potential

“His biggest asset is his vision with the puck. He excelled in the cross-seam pass to an open teammate. It’s something he seemed to get more comfortable with as the season went on as his confidence grew, especially when carrying the puck. The other side of Leskinen’s offensive game is his shot. He does have a good one, but seemed hesitant to use it. He ended up with over a shot per game on the season, including games of six and four shots.”

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Laval Rocket Season Review: Otto Leskinen’s first season in North America showed his potential

“His biggest asset is his vision with the puck. He excelled in the cross-seam pass to an open teammate. It’s something he seemed to get more comfortable with as the season went on as his confidence grew, especially when carrying the puck. The other side of Leskinen’s offensive game is his shot. He does have a good one, but seemed hesitant to use it. He ended up with over a shot per game on the season, including games of six and four shots.”

His skating seems a bit off. He has to become more polished if he wants to make the NHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
His skating seems a bit off. He has to become more polished if he wants to make the NHL.

it's not a real problem but he could use some improvement there. What he really needs is to get better in his own end, too many turnovers for my liking but it was his 1st year in North America not that i ever expected much from him as he was better then I thought he would be.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Nice. Another Habs prospect to follow in Europe for now as Liiga looks like it will start nornally. And they specify in the press release that he will return in time for NHL/AHL camp.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
KalPa is down 3-1 after two periods against Karpat. Leskinen with an assist on the lone KalPa goal.

Meanwhile, 2 of the 3 Karpat goales were scored by Puljujarvi.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
i read where he's been killing it in preseason. maybe we should have thrown a draft pick to the oilers just to see if he could turn into something.

Puljujarvi is someone I feel the Habs should target. Even if he remains in Liiga for the entire year and comes over next year, I would make the deal and sign him.

The automatic combination we'd make is a Kotkaniemi - Puljujarvi duo.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Puljujarvi is someone I feel the Habs should target. Even if he remains in Liiga for the entire year and comes over next year, I would make the deal and sign him.

The automatic combination we'd make is a Kotkaniemi - Puljujarvi duo.

if I'm the oilers unless the offer is too good, might as well just sit on it and see if he will come over in '21.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->