Ottawa's Franchise Stats

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I've never really paid attention to all-time franchise stats, but they're pretty interesting.

Win-to-Loss Ratio:
Ottawa is 19th in Win-Loss ratio (ahead of leafs!). This season we'd need about 45 wins to move us into 18th all-time, or about 50 wins would put us into 17th. To edge the Canadians for first, we'd need to win every game between now and about September 2020. Gotta love that original 6 parity.

Are there any other all-time franchise stats tracked anywhere?

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
I've never really paid attention to all-time franchise stats, but they're pretty interesting.

Win-to-Loss Ratio:
Ottawa is 19th in Win-Loss ratio (ahead of leafs!). This season we'd need about 45 wins to move us into 18th all-time, or about 50 wins would put us into 17th. To edge the Canadians for first, we'd need to win every game between now and about September 2020. Gotta love that original 6 parity.

Are there any other all-time franchise stats tracked anywhere?

I would be interested to see how we ranked since join the league. I think we would be on the right side of 15 if you exclude the first couple of seasons.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Fitting, they were a great team. It's really too bad they had to move to St. Louis. Can you imagine if they had been apart of the O6?

I wish the Sens and Maroons never folded.

Through in the Nordiques and Whalers and imagine the rivalries in the division.

Habs, Maroons, Sens, Leafs, Nordiques, Bruins, Sabres, Whalers

NickLidstrom

Ottawa & Detroit fan
Dec 1, 2013
Umeå
I wish the Sens and Maroons never folded.

Through in the Nordiques and Whalers and imagine the rivalries in the division.

Habs, Maroons, Sens, Leafs, Nordiques, Bruins, Sabres, Whalers
I wonder what the distance is between all those cities

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Another interesting thing about the original Senators is that the fans used to throw lemons on the ice at disliked players/teams (Cyclone Taylor got it worst). If that tradition held maybe Yashin, Heatley, Leafs, and Habs would have drawn lots of lemons :laugh:

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Quite a shame that the OG Sens folded. If they stayed alive to this day our franchise might have had at least 15 cups.

arigold

Dec 15, 2014
Since we joined, were 18th out of 24 (I didn't include teams that joined after us) in point totals. The worst is NYI, and the best by far is Detroit.
If we get rid of our first 4 seasons, we have the 6th best point total.

Xamar*

I wish we never folded but at the same time if we didn't And had lots of cups imagine how many bandwagon fake Sens fans there would be ?

Ttracer*

Like you have to put ahead of Toronto in brackets. Ottawa has been a killing machine for awhile, when we're bad we take playoff teams out, sometimes we even make the playoffs like last season

There's nothing to do in winter but focus on hockey in this city, that's a big reason Ottawa is so successful

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Like you have to put ahead of Toronto in brackets. Ottawa has been a killing machine for awhile, when we're bad we take playoff teams out, sometimes we even make the playoffs like last season

There's nothing to do in winter but focus on hockey in this city, that's a big reason Ottawa is so successful

This doesn't make a lick of sense to me. There is nothing to do with Edmonton either, and they are... the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00