Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
incawg said:
It's been in Ontario but never B.C.

It's a lot closer to Ottawa than Vancouver. Like it or not, these things are almost always reigionally balanced. The east gets one, the west gets one. That's how it works and it's why losing to Halifax last time was a double-blow for Hunt.

I've read it several times and I've yet to see a really solid foundation for his comments, other than the fact that he's upset that he lost. I suppose if I was from Ottawa I might see it another way..

Thank you, lay it down for people who obviously don't know everything but believe they do.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
PEli said:
Financially, it makes sense. It's just a kick in the face to cities that have built junior hockey to what it is today. That's no slight to the 67s, the Giants or the Hitmen either. I think most of us know what junior hockey means to the cities that have nothing else though.

Well, it's not like junior cities are getting totally deprived. Kelowna and Kamloops will be hosting some games, and I think that'll continue to be the pattern. Team Canada's games will sell out an arena of any size anywhere in the country, but there are still going to be empty seats for Slovakia-Switzerland unless the game is held somewhere where it's the only show in town.

It's just too bad that the IIHF doesn't let Canada host the WJC permanently, instead of having the best juniors in the world play in front of crowds of a few hundred people every other year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad