Ottawa U18 Part 4

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
Agree 100 percent.

For those closely following this loop.....who are the top prospects for draft and what rounds are they projected to go? And...Overall are we looking at closes to same total numbers drafted as last year or more/less?

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
For those closely following this loop.....who are the top prospects for draft and what rounds are they projected to go? And...Overall are we looking at closes to same total numbers drafted as last year or more/less?
Well with the way Josh Barnes is playing in Jr A playoffs I would think he would go top 2 RD...other guys always a crap shoot. I would think there would be around the same drafted as last year. Barnes is a special player. Ohl guys should not miss any Colts games.

HockeyDad4Life

Feb 6, 2018

I don't want to mention names but I would estimate 21 HEO players will be taken this year with 2 first rounders. That doesn't include HEO area players who left to play elsewhere (only 3 that I know of).

Last year 20 HEO players were drafted in the priority selection with 1 being an 01 so that makes 19 2001's taken in 2017.

Last edited:

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Congratulations to the Rockland U18 team for winning the u18 league. Best of luck at Telus Ontario regionals.
Nothappy

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
HEO second team at Telus Ontario will be Hawksbury or Ottawa. Best of 3 this week. Good luck to both teams.
Nothappy.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Never the players fault. They are just playing the game they love and hoping something comes from it.

I person is pulling all the strings in the HEO area and he is Commissioner CCHL, Commissioner CCHL 2, VP U18, On the BOD of HEO and now he is also the person in charge and making decisions for all Tier II Junior A across Canada. Hockey Canada sees no conflict of interest in all these jobs being held by the same person.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
I don't want to mention names but I would estimate 21 HEO players will be taken this year with 2 first rounders. That doesn't include HEO area players who left to play elsewhere (only 3 that I know of).

Last year 20 HEO players were drafted in the priority selection with 1 being an 01 so that makes 19 2001's taken in 2017.

Only two skaters and four goalies at the combine this year. That gives you an idea of the first 4 rounds.

4wDriver

Feb 18, 2018
Only two skaters and four goalies at the combine this year. That gives you an idea of the first 4 rounds.

5 HEO area goalies if you include the one who went to the GTHL this year. It gives an idea of the quality of 02 goaltending in HEO which is an exceptional year. And the HEO tendy pool is deeper than the 4 invited to the combine - there are a handful of others that could easily fit in there.

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
Never the players fault. They are just playing the game they love and hoping something comes from it.

I person is pulling all the strings in the HEO area and he is Commissioner CCHL, Commissioner CCHL 2, VP U18, On the BOD of HEO and now he is also the person in charge and making decisions for all Tier II Junior A across Canada. Hockey Canada sees no conflict of interest in all these jobs being held by the same person.
Thank God!

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
Congratulations to the Rockland U18 team for winning the u18 league. Best of luck at Telus Ontario regionals.
Nothappy
Going to be a great Telus Cup. Watched the Midget Nats practice the other day...easy to see why they are a power house.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015

Thank God!

Maybe just maybe you and other CCHL owners should think for yourselves. Money is the root of all evil.

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
Maybe just maybe you and other CCHL owners should think for yourselves. Money is the root of all evil.
We certainly are....way ahead of the curve in innovative thinking...our organization is just getting started....lots more to come...

HockeyDad4Life

Feb 6, 2018
The combine is not an indication of the draft....at all. A huge number of players that will be going in the 1st round were not at the combine let alone other rounds. The combine is a nice event as an experience but is not an indication of how the draft will go.

Reactions: hauler

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
The combine is not an indication of the draft....at all. A huge number of players that will be going in the 1st round were not at the combine let alone other rounds. The combine is a nice event as an experience but is not an indication of how the draft will go.

That is true for Southern Ontario kids who have been seen an enormous number of times. Anyone playing HEO U16 who is not invited to the combine has no hope of going in the first 4 rounds.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
That is true for Southern Ontario kids who have been seen an enormous number of times. Anyone playing HEO U16 who is not invited to the combine has no hope of going in the first 4 rounds.

Have to disagree but we will see. The 2002 DOB year in HEO appears to be good. Very strong goalies which will bump up the over all OHL draft numbers.
At OHL combine I have 5 Goalies, 1 played in GTHL, 3 centres, 1 played in GTHL. only 6 kids from the U18 league, others were asked. You have to remember some kids drop out for various reasons. Ie; league play-offs, injury, advisor advice etc.
The HEO area could have a good year at the OHL draft. Total last year 19. This year slightly higher.

Last edited:

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
Nats with mainly 2002 taking on there competition like seasoned vets. Very organized group who play with pace. Older stronger teams having a hard time keeping up. Hopefully they keep it up. Been great hockey so far.

stickhandle

Jul 4, 2007
If this league is here to stay hopefully it makes changes to bring up the level of competition 12 teams is just too many it waters down the players , coaches and officials pool. In my opinion 6-8 teams would make this league very good. They have taken steps to improve the exposure of these players. Now they need to bring up the quality of play and the only way is to reduce the number of teams.

Reactions: 2003 dad

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Nats with mainly 2002 taking on there competition like seasoned vets. Very organized group who play with pace. Older stronger teams having a hard time keeping up. Hopefully they keep it up. Been great hockey so far.

I think I saw a flying pig today. Finally you admit your U18 league is wrong. Three years I have been saying, put the minor midgets back together they will dominate.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Looks like the Ottawa Valley Titan bantams have secured 2nd place in the Ontario Bantam championship. Congratulations. Good Luck in the play-offs.
The rest of Ontario has it wrong. We in HEO will break that team up and start over. Makes perfect sense to everyone at CCHL and HEO minor that never played at elite level. Sad very very sad.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
U18 OHL Draft reduced to 2 rounds with additional pick if team picks a goalie in first or second round. Why drop from 4 rounds to 2?
OHL Draft this Saturday.
How many HEO area kids get drafted?

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
I think I saw a flying pig today. Finally you admit your U18 league is wrong. Three years I have been saying, put the minor midgets back together they will dominate.
Mainly.....half 02.....also competing against older strong guys who have been drafted. Haven' seen u at the rink this week? That odd for an expert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->