Ottawa U18 Part 4

highwayman

Aug 4, 2015
Any news on the OHL Cup saga, seems to be a lot of political grandstanding taking place, unfortunately 17 kids could be denied a great opportunity.

DeepThoughts

Nov 6, 2016
I can tell you that for the expenses that the 73’s control (of which practice ice and staff renumeration are the majority) all of the payments are made directly to the Municipality of North Grenville and the midget staff. I can assure you there is no “ markup”, in fact that is insulting. I am not calling you names or throwing insults at anyone on here, I would appreciate the same respect from you.
Terry Nichols
Sorry did not realize you were an owner. My original post was arrogant owners. If you go back and read some other posts on the U18 subject many have a scent of arrogance attached....among other scents. So what you are telling me is that the Kemptville 73's are running the U18 team pro bono or as service to give back to the community?

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
IMO This was put together by the puppet master.
1 They put 2 allstar teams in tournaments to make the public happy so he could keep his gravy train running.
2 He convinces HEO Minor to allow 2 teams for these tournaments.
3 He and HEO Minor ask the GTHL/OHL to allow those two teams to compete in the OHL Cup. They get turned down.
3 The U18/HEO Minor ask the GTHL/OHL to allow 1 team into the OHL Cup a mix of the two teams with all 11 of the 67 bantams that played on the two teams, then add 8 players to get to 19. The GTHL/OHL turned down this idea of 1 team to go to OHL Cup. This team would be very strong, it would have 11 67 bantams from the 2 teams then they would add other players from the two teams to get to 19.
4 67 parents appeal to HEO (HEO board controlled by junior)
5 The non decision by HEO appeal committee has been turned down once and will be turned down again. This time the U18 league and HEO Minor can blame the GTHL/OHL.
6 One person is pulling all the strings and the paying public needs to do something about it.

Is any of my above message not true?

highwayman

Aug 4, 2015
Noticed on the HEO Minor site there is a press release announcing a two year extension of the U18 program, interesting reading.

TerryN

May 17, 2016
Sorry did not realize you were an owner. My original post was arrogant owners. If you go back and read some other posts on the U18 subject many have a scent of arrogance attached....among other scents. So what you are telling me is that the Kemptville 73's are running the U18 team pro bono or as service to give back to the community?
No, I am not an owner but I am the person responsible for overseeing our U18 team in our organization. As I said before I am done discussing finances and I have explained how we deal with it more than once. I have been open about it. I am sure arrogance can be read into almost any post if you are looking for it. Time for me to move on and get ready for the playoffs and next season.

Reactions: 4wDriver

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Comments from HEO Minor release;
Were is the High Performance Hockey?
Watch to see who from the HEO Minor BOD ends up on the HEO BOD this June.
How big a bulldozer do I need to rent to pull HEO Minors heads out of ___ ass.
CCHL did a great job of writing the release.

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
Comments from HEO Minor release;
Were is the High Performance Hockey?
Watch to see who from the HEO Minor BOD ends up on the HEO BOD this June.
How big a bulldozer do I need to rent to pull HEO Minors heads out of ___ ass.
CCHL did a great job of writing the release.
Very well written to be honest. Very excited for another two years of providing opportunity for players.

Reactions: 4wDriver

highwayman

Aug 4, 2015
Any news on the OHL Cup saga, seems to be a lot of political grandstanding taking place, unfortunately 17 kids could be denied a great opportunity.

It is now official, Mr. Denis Dumais, HEO Minor President has denied the 67's the opportunity to attend the OHL Cup. There will be no representation from our branch. Kids caught in political nonsense.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
It is now official, Mr. Denis Dumais, HEO Minor President has denied the 67's the opportunity to attend the OHL Cup. There will be no representation from our branch. Kids caught in political nonsense.

With no representation at the OHL Cup HEO, HEO Minor, U18 and the players from the 67 bantams all lose.
Who wins?
So HEO, HEO Minor and U18 have dug their heels in. What will be the reaction from GTHL/OHL going forward.
A very sad day for hockey in the HEO area.

stickhandle

Jul 4, 2007
Another opportunity taken away from local kids wishing to get drafted in our league I guess with another 2 year commitment there was no need to put up a front that they cared

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
U18 league has the March break off from play-offs; one must assume it was so the kids in the U 18 league could go to OHL Cup.
The best 25 to 40 2002 DOB players from the u18 league have been selected/asked to try out for the HEO Gold Cup team. This team is the first step in the Hockey Canada POE program.
HEO Minor makes announcement that the 67 bantams will not be going to the OHL Cup. HEO decides to run its Gold Cup try-outs the Friday and Saturday of the OHL Cup. Most if not all HEO area OHL scouts will be in Toronto at the OHL Cup or driving home.
Again the local area elite player gets mishandled.

Last edited:

baylormaines

Jul 25, 2015
With no representation at the OHL Cup HEO, HEO Minor, U18 and the players from the 67 bantams all lose. Who wins? So HEO, HEO Minor and U18 have dug their heels in. What will be the reaction from GTHL/OHL going forward. A very sad day for hockey in the HEO area.

The OHL Cup was created to make up for the sad decision to change the age groupings, which left the Major Bantam Cup out of the picture. That was originally the draft year and that tournament was sponsored by the OHL. Now, we have the OHL Cup, but the players in the Minor Midget year have already been heavily scouted and put into the Selection Guide. There is a short window to add players before the selection in April, but these decisions have already been made almost entirely.

The OHL Cup is a vehicle for the GTHL to advertise itself and to recruit new players. It also lets the scouts and GM schmooze around in their club wear, suck up free food and booze, and tell everyone how wonderful they are. Meanwhile, if some had their way, 67s parents would spend $2,000 for a few days of getting their ass beat. My sources tell me that some of the parents have been quietly campaigning to stay home.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tex76

stickhandle

Jul 4, 2007
The OHL Cup was created to make up for the sad decision to change the age groupings, which left the Major Bantam Cup out of the picture. That was originally the draft year and that tournament was sponsored by the OHL. Now, we have the OHL Cup, but the players in the Minor Midget year have already been heavily scouted and put into the Selection Guide. There is a short window to add players before the selection in April, but these decisions have already been made almost entirely.

The OHL Cup is a vehicle for the GTHL to advertise itself and to recruit new players. It also lets the scouts and GM schmooze around in their club wear, suck up free food and booze, and tell everyone how wonderful they are. Meanwhile, if some had their way, 67s parents would spend $2,000 for a few days of getting their ass beat. My sources tell me that some of the parents have been quietly campaigning to stay home.
Someone doesnt like the OHL
Sorry if we didnt draft your kid.
If you dont think this tournament influences the draft you are sadly mistaken

Last edited:

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
Gthl allowed all star teams to Marlies tournament not sure why it would be a big deal for OHL Cup. Certainly disappointed for kids in this area as this is a great experience.
Hopefully next year.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011

So much BS from one person. This tournament was first class, best competition and we played against a dozen kids who are now in the NHL. I can't say that about any other tournament.

upinarms

Jul 16, 2010
I understand there are allot of issues in this league depending on what side you are on. But PLEASE if the league is here for at least the next two years could you please simplify the playoffs. Top eight teams - drop the puck - let's go. Who cares if some teams don't make the playoffs. If you want your season to continue go rent the ice on parliament hill and play for fun against the other teams that didn't make playoffs.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
I understand there are allot of issues in this league depending on what side you are on. But PLEASE if the league is here for at least the next two years could you please simplify the playoffs. Top eight teams - drop the puck - let's go. Who cares if some teams don't make the playoffs. If you want your season to continue go rent the ice on parliament hill and play for fun against the other teams that didn't make playoffs.

PLAY-OFFS, PLAYOFFS
For what? The U18 executive could have designated a HOST team. Lets see tournament is in Rockland. Rockland U 18 team lost two games all year. Maybe they should be the HOST. IMO.
These people at U 18 could not organize a one horse parade.

Last edited:

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
So everyone who reads this knows I do not like this league. A given.
To the all knowing public. I have a question. If after three years of a pilot with no definitive solution why on gods green earth would HEO Minor decide 2 more years was a good idea?
All answers welcome.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Well a week has gone by and not 1 answer to my question.
How did the HEO kids do at the OHL Cup? O Shit no HEO kids at tournament, But 35 more from GTHL. Great move by HEO Minor.
HEO area kids not in the top 3 rounds just got screwed by HEO U18 executive and HEO Minor. IMO
Lets put all our eggs in the NCAA D1 basket and see how that works.

Last edited:

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
Well a week has gone by and not 1 answer to my question.
How did the HEO kids do at the OHL Cup? O **** no HEO kids at tournament, But 35 more from GTHL. Great move by HEO Minor.
HEO area kids not in the top 3 rounds just got screwed by HEO U18 executive and HEO Minor. IMO
Lets put all our eggs in the NCAA D1 basket and see how that works.
Probably a good reason why

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->