Ottawa Sharpshooters lets try this again

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
How are people to know what your user name used to be or what posts you signed you name to? None of that matters to me, this is a message board where people can feel free to discuss Jr Hockey under any user name they wish, not knowing someone's name should not matter. I think it is better to stick to the topics under discussion, no one is breaking any rules.

I think whatever points you are trying to make get lost a bit by arguing semantics.

+1 regarding semantics. It appears as thou he has some sort of paranoia that everyone is out to get him, when his lack of answering questions is creating more of them and making it appear as thou he has something to hide.

If he says the number is 0 does that mean OHL scouts were not there? I think the program has only been running for 1 or 2 years. Not sure if any 2000's can even get a try out without being drafted...

I know they were not there, because they are barred from scouting any non Hockey Canada sanctioned games (former OHL scout, current full time family adviser, know a significant amount of OHL guys). He argued me and suggested that players will get opportunities in the CHL. Now that its time to look at that, he's stopped talking about it.

What does it look like to you?

Like he suggests, I just wish everyone was on the up and up here. If he was telling the truth, then there should be camp invites. I'm guessing there are not, and I can ask (or maybe not), but I figured since he proclaims to be all about being 'open and honest', he'd be open and honest about it.

Ces la vie.

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
If he says the number is 0 does that mean OHL scouts were not there? I think the program has only been running for 1 or 2 years. Not sure if any 2000's can even get a try out without being drafted...
Hi Bigbuck, thank you for the defence, if it was 0, i would just say so. I have nothing to be ashamed of. and yes you can get invited, just there are little details to follow, which I will not get to on here, what they are trying to do because some of them have bad intentions, but I think some of them do not realize, I also have quebec players on my rosters, there are others, things I can into. but I will leave you with this.
That is easier to do bad in this world than to do good.
again
thank you

No Skin in the Game

Sep 15, 2015
You have mentioned a "drug free" environment several times, are you concerned that the CCHL or U18 programs in Ottawa are not "drug free"?

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
you are right

+1 regarding semantics. It appears as thou he has some sort of paranoia that everyone is out to get him, when his lack of answering questions is creating more of them and making it appear as thou he has something to hide.

I know they were not there, because they are barred from scouting any non Hockey Canada sanctioned games (former OHL scout, current full time family adviser, know a significant amount of OHL guys). He argued me and suggested that players will get opportunities in the CHL. Now that its time to look at that, he's stopped talking about it.

What does it look like to you?

Like he suggests, I just wish everyone was on the up and up here. If he was telling the truth, then there should be camp invites. I'm guessing there are not, and I can ask (or maybe not), but I figured since he proclaims to be all about being 'open and honest', he'd be open and honest about it.

Ces la vie.
Tigers you are absolutely right, I give up, you pulled it out of me, I am a liar,

players in the area have not been getting invites going back as far back as five years, not only in the O, BUT KEEP FORGETTING TO MENTION THE Q.

yES i AM PARANOID DO YOU REALLY THINK PARENTS THAT OBSERVE WHAT IS GOING ON IN HERE. CANNOT READ. DO NOT MISTAKE STUPIDITY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE AFRAID OF RETRIBUTION.
I will leave you with this, you answer me this question how much money have you taken for your advising, and lets see how much I have taken. just ask around.
thank you

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
Not at all

You have mentioned a "drug free" environment several times, are you concerned that the CCHL or U18 programs in Ottawa are not "drug free"?

Not at all, was talking about our program. but nice try No skin. All I am concerned about is the kids that are entrusted to me by my parents.

No Skin in the Game

Sep 15, 2015
Tigers you are absolutely right, I give up, you pulled it out of me, I am a liar,

players in the area have not been getting invites going back as far back as five years, not only in the O, BUT KEEP FORGETTING TO MENTION THE Q.

yES i AM PARANOID DO YOU REALLY THINK PARENTS THAT OBSERVE WHAT IS GOING ON IN HERE. CANNOT READ. DO NOT MISTAKE STUPIDITY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE AFRAID OF RETRIBUTION.
I will leave you with this, you answer me this question how much money have you taken for your advising, and lets see how much I have taken. just ask around.
thank you

It is really hard to follow your argument here.....I have no idea what you are trying to say here. What players are you referring to who have not been getting invites to what exactly? What retribution are people allegedly afraid of? If a player adviser is being paid for his services what does that matter if the families are told the cost and agree to it? If your program is your job why shouldn't you be paid for your time if the families that choose your program agree to it?

Last edited:

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009

thank you

I didn't ask about Ottawa players, of course they get invites. I'm simply asking about YOUR players THIS year. When earlier in the year you suggest that players will get them, and now that its time to talk about it again you stop, that says something.

You can't have it both ways, you can't talk about OHL scouts when when time to be accountable shows up, you stop talking about it, that suggests your hiding things. YOur basically saying you got 0 camp invites

Regarding my position, we only get paid as a commission on pro deals. We don't take fees (anyone who does attempt to get $$$ yearly for 'advisory' is lazy, cheating the system). Just since your insinuating, I volunteered to coach AAA, never took a dime. Not sure what the motivation of that question was? Do you only get paid if your players move forward to the next level?

No Skin in the Game

Sep 15, 2015
Not at all, was talking about our program. but nice try No skin. All I am concerned about is the kids that are entrusted to me by my parents.

What do you mean "nice try" I was simply asking if the reason you were mentioning drug free was that other programs were not, other wise why bring it in to the discussion as a differentiating feature of your program multiple times?

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
I didn't ask about Ottawa players, of course they get invites. I'm simply asking about YOUR players THIS year. When earlier in the year you suggest that players will get them, and now that its time to talk about it again you stop, that says something.

You can't have it both ways, you can't talk about OHL scouts when when time to be accountable shows up, you stop talking about it, that suggests your hiding things. YOur basically saying you got 0 camp invites

Regarding my position, we only get paid as a commission on pro deals. We don't take fees (anyone who does attempt to get $$$ yearly for 'advisory' is lazy, cheating the system). Just since your insinuating, I volunteered to coach AAA, never took a dime. Not sure what the motivation of that question was? Do you only get paid if your players move forward to the next level?

sorry tigers I was under the impression from your previous posts that some of your clients were ncaa bound

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
What do you mean "nice try" I was simply asking if the reason you were mentioning drug free was that other programs were not, other wise why bring it in to the discussion as a differentiating feature of your program multiple times?
I am simply I am speaking about my program, I can only attest to that, I do not know what you are getting at, you sure are good with words, we should hire you to run our facebook and twitter accounts. I must thank you,though you are giving my wife a good laugh, it will make my day easier.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
I am simply I am speaking about my program, I can only attest to that, I do not know what you are getting at, you sure are good with words, we should hire you to run our facebook and twitter accounts. I must thank you,though you are giving my wife a good laugh, it will make my day easier.

He's not good with words, he's just seeking clarification on things that you say, because some of them lack sense. You chose to answer some, not others. Its all looking very shady. Your program may not be, but your lack of openness is.

sorry tigers I was under the impression from your previous posts that some of your clients were ncaa bound

They are, however you don't need to charge them. Jack Eichel doesn't need to pay for an adviser. There are ways around it, and anyone who charges knows that.

Still no comment on the camp invites, I question why you where so active talking about scouts in October but now refuse to talk about it when the results are out?

How would you think that would look to those on the outside?

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
The hockey in the GMHL is not very good (Junior C at best and costs a lot more).

Just skimming this thread out of boredom and I must say that as a semi-recent Junior C alumn I'm offended :laugh:. The GMHL was a dressing room joke around training camp time, a league where jr.c cuts could become point per game players. Most good jr.c teams west of lake simcoe would have been competitive in the old eojhl, and I highly doubt the Alliston Coyotes would EVER put the GMHL's JR.A claim on the line and play the Hornets.
If you're a good enough player just stay within the system and play your way up.

Seems like some here are very in touch. So at risk of going off-topic whats with this recent pay-to-play trend? Even in C most players were getting "gas" money/ education funding + equipment etc. all on the team dime, and at a banquet we got a speech about how the OHF was looking at evaluating teams and restructuring within leagues so that there would be certain standards that teams would have to uphold in terms of what they provided players to be classified as A/B/C, what changed?

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
We are not the gmhl, cchl, Q, O, W, MHL, SI, ETC we are the CPJHL. we are promising to develop players on and off the ice. the only promise I can make is that I am willing to put in as much work as you(player) are willing to.
EXAMPLE IF YOU WANT TO GET DEVELOPED AND ARE NOT READY FOR THE NEXT LEVEL OF YOUR GOAL COME TO US, IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO PLAY IN THE OHL, Q, W, USHL, NAHL, DO NOT COME TO US, IF YOU CAN PLAY IN JUNIOR A, BUT YOU ARE IN A SYSTEM WHERE YOU WILL NOT GET A LOT OF ICE TIME. or a year or 2 away,come to us, it will save you money and if you are willing to work hard, and put in the effort mentally and physically. and your goal is to get showcased in the US, come to us. if you want to work and go to SCHOOL, locally come to us. If you want a drug free environment come to us. I am not going after players from the cchl, that option is better for a lot of players, I am just offering a different option for the players that are looking for one.

No need to shout.

I said it is sounding a lot like the promises made by GMHL and CIHL, considering that majority of owners have a GMHL background it is not a big leap to make that statement. The GMHL/CIHL both made big promises that are not met.

Also, not sure why there is mention of a drug free environment over and over, I have never heard of that being a problem in Jr A, Jr B or Midget in the Ottawa area.

Last edited:

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
feeling unconfortable

He's not good with words, he's just seeking clarification on things that you say, because some of them lack sense. You chose to answer some, not others. Its all looking very shady. Your program may not be, but your lack of openness is.

They are, however you don't need to charge them. Jack Eichel doesn't need to pay for an adviser. There are ways around it, and anyone who charges knows that.

Still no comment on the camp invites, I question why you where so active talking about scouts in October but now refuse to talk about it when the results are out?

How would you think that would look to those on the outside?

Jack Eichel, I will ask him if I ever meet him, I do not think you are the person to answer that. I personally think that was wrong to make a statement like that, as it can cause problems for him, does that mean if one of my kids decided to ask for your services, in 3-5 years you will make a statement about them, just makes me feel uncomfortable.

as for me I told you ask my parents, I personally do not care about the outside more about the inside.

clarity to who

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
and the coincidences begin

No need to shout.

I said it is sounding a lot like the promises made by GMHL and CIHL, considering that majority of owners have a GMHL background it is not a big leap to make that statement. The GMHL/CIHL both made big promises that are not met.

Also, not sure why there is mention of a drug free environment over and over, I have never heard of that being a problem in Jr A, Jr B or Midget in the Ottawa area.
Not shouting, cap locking, never said it was, your partners are trying to say I said so.
I swear you guys are putting my family in a good mood, as we are getting ready to leave for Nike/Bauer

if only you could talk about hockey.

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
not a gmhl site

Just skimming this thread out of boredom and I must say that as a semi-recent Junior C alumn I'm offended :laugh:. The GMHL was a dressing room joke around training camp time, a league where jr.c cuts could become point per game players. Most good jr.c teams west of lake simcoe would have been competitive in the old eojhl, and I highly doubt the Alliston Coyotes would EVER put the GMHL's JR.A claim on the line and play the Hornets.
If you're a good enough player just stay within the system and play your way up.

Seems like some here are very in touch. So at risk of going off-topic whats with this recent pay-to-play trend? Even in C most players were getting "gas" money/ education funding + equipment etc. all on the team dime, and at a banquet we got a speech about how the OHF was looking at evaluating teams and restructuring within leagues so that there would be certain standards that teams would have to uphold in terms of what they provided players to be classified as A/B/C, what changed?
I am the wrong person to ask, you would have to ask the powers above.

No Skin in the Game

Sep 15, 2015
Not shouting, cap locking, never said it was, your partners are trying to say I said so.
I swear you guys are putting my family in a good mood, as we are getting ready to leave for Nike/Bauer

if only you could talk about hockey.

FYI writing in CAPS on a message board = shouting....

We are trying to talk hockey but you evade legitimate questions with long accusatory ramblings....if you bring something up it is not unreasonable to be questioned on it. I would suggest not posting anything here if you do not want to have to defend it, this is a reasonably well educated hockey audience.....if you don't want to talk about the results of your program don't make claims about the exposure and number of scouts watching your players. You started this thread to talk about your program so please do not be defensive when people ask legitimate well intended questions to try to understand your perspective. You seem to be very passionate about offering an alternative to the status quo, don't assume everyone is trying to trip you up, simple honest answers are best. You would not be betraying any trust or confidence in stating that one or more of your players have been invited to a camp or offered a scholarship. No one is asking for names and details. When someone like Mr Clarke comes on here (and I give him credit for doing so) he is able to show the success of his program by stating his results. You cannot have it both ways. Happy travels to you and your family.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Having looked more at your site I can see the value in what you're attempting- sort of a hybrid midget AAA/jrC skills focused development league- it would have been a useful option for myself at 17, but I'm very skeptical of the level of play that you'll be able to offer. If the rosters of the Western teams coming over from the GMHL are any indication this will be sub jrC hockey (by a fair bit). Could be a great "transition year" tool for players that are too good for midget but would get buried in depth roles on junior teams, but that's not prep for NCAA/CIS.

Realistically it's way too niche IMO, from the outside it looks like a well intentioned latebloomers hail mary that should be a last resort to any sanctioned junior hockey for players in south/central ontario.

Last edited:

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
let me know in a couple weeks

u15, u16, u18, will be a part of two american .leagues, + showcases
last year we just did it with u16 teams, I also did it when I was part of USA Hockey, as for the junior league I think you feel different in a couple of weeks, cannot talk much right now. the league is just part of what we will be doing in the fall. check back for news on the website.

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
that is his choice

We are trying to talk hockey but you evade legitimate questions with long accusatory ramblings....if you bring something up it is not unreasonable to be questioned on it. I would suggest not posting anything here if you do not want to have to defend it, this is a reasonably well educated hockey audience.....if you don't want to talk about the results of your program don't make claims about the exposure and number of scouts watching your players. You started this thread to talk about your program so please do not be defensive when people ask legitimate well intended questions to try to understand your perspective. You seem to be very passionate about offering an alternative to the status quo, don't assume everyone is trying to trip you up, simple honest answers are best. You would not be betraying any trust or confidence in stating that one or more of your players have been invited to a camp or offered a scholarship. No one is asking for names and details. When someone like Mr Clarke comes on here (and I give him credit for doing so) he is able to show the success of his program by stating his results. You cannot have it both ways. Happy travels to you and your family.

again just ask my parents, they are easily accessible, not for me to say.
Mr.Clarke handles things his way and so do I, never said anything negative on this Board about him, and did not matter if I agreed with him or not, he does not hide behind a tag name, so in my book, you can see where he is coming from, which says a lot about him.
I am also pretty sure if he ever wanted to talk, he would just stop and talk to me.
as for tripping me, I always keep my laces tied,

it is not a question of trust, if you think I am a liar, just say it,
do you really think I care if you attack me or play with words, or I lose customers, because you still do not get it, I am not looking for customers, I am looking for good people/families who are looking for a different option.

yes you are right, I will totally agree with you, people on here are extremely smart, but that does not mean I am naive and stupid.

try asking about hockey(crazy idea)
I will answer
ex who will be playing next year, how many players are you rostering.
I know, I Understand those are crazy questions.

P.S and I never said scholarships, I said offers to go to Prep Schools

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Jack Eichel, I will ask him if I ever meet him, I do not think you are the person to answer that. I personally think that was wrong to make a statement like that, as it can cause problems for him, does that mean if one of my kids decided to ask for your services, in 3-5 years you will make a statement about them, just makes me feel uncomfortable.

as for me I told you ask my parents, I personally do not care about the outside more about the inside.

clarity to who

Don't believe that would be an issue, 100 percent of our players have and will play within a sanctioned body.

Im going to guess you don't talk with D1 coaches all that often, but heres a quick FYI. They don't stress about the paid advisor, they don't worry about players saying at CHL camps over 48 hours, they care about signed representation agreements and playing in CHL games. As long as you have a verbal, non written agreement to receive renumeration once the player goes pro, your fine. That's standard with most if not all NHLPA certified agencies (yes, we talk to each other).

Regarding your players, its silly. When I was coaching I was often asked 'where's x playing now (I don't mean the literal letter x :laugh:), and id be happy to answer, because its publicly accessible information, rosters are posted online and on rinknet. If your players are on rinkinet (and they should be, your doing a dis-service to your players if you don't, only way OHL/NCAA guys can realistically track them), you can see where they are. In addition, OHL teams post tryout rosters on social media and their websites. Its easily accessible. Ill take a gander and see whose on those rosters, since you refuse to answer the question (i wont post anyones name).

There's a reason why so many people on here are asking you questions and holding your feet to the fire, you only answer 1/2 the questions and aggressively avoid ones that may not be flattering to your program.

Last edited:

Clarke74

May 7, 2015

Angello your doing a great job of providing players with another option. You have done your homework and have been innovative with your vision and thinking. Guys on here giving you the gears are just jealous that they did not put in the effort to do what your doing. They hide behind handles for a reason.....

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Angello your doing a great job of providing players with another option. You have done your homework and have been innovative with your vision and thinking. Guys on here giving you the gears are just jealous that they did not put in the effort to do what your doing. They hide behind handles for a reason.....

Work full time within the hockey industry, blessed, so not so sure about the jealous part. Recently had an offer to work full time at a US prep school, I'm doing ok ;)

I like information, I like knowing the goals and vision of programs and I like to see that players move on from these programs. I'd happily applaud Angelo, expect he only really answers questions that he wants to, and seems perfectly fine with going after those who ask him harder questions then he wants to answer. Can't only play it one way and expect those to trust him.

Its all his prerogative, he can answer whatever he wants, but when he's using online forums to promote his program, he can't get upset when people ask questions, or at least he can't be surprised by them. Can't complain about questions being asked after inviting questions to be asked, missing some logic there.

Congrats on your championship, hopefully we get to see the fruits of your U18 labours in your lineup next year.

Last edited:

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
thank you

Thank you
Clarke
wish you and the boys good luck at the Page

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad