Ottawa Senators TSP Report: Top 10 Prospects Reports and Rankings

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Guys, I think we've beat this horse to death, the thread's about the prospects, and the article written on them. The omission has been acknowledged and corrected, and while Ottawa's center depth at the NHL was mentioned, it isn't the focus nor should we let that discussion derail this thread.

Time to move on.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I came across the following on my Twitter feed the other day:

Some overlap, some very differing opinions. From a prospect perspective (given that there was no 4OA to pick in the '19 draft), that's not too shabby IMO.

If this is the deepest you have seen then I imagine youve started following the team recently? Where do you have Lajoie and Wolanin?

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I came across the following on my Twitter feed the other day:

Some overlap, some very differing opinions. From a prospect perspective (given that there was no 4OA to pick in the '19 draft), that's not too shabby IMO.

There’s like two legit top six forwards...

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Don't forget Tomasino, no wait Kaliyev, no wait Lavoie, no wait Brink .... oh yah Shane Pinto.
We should get at least 1 more in the 2020 draft .. if we don't overthink it.

This draft looks loaded... 10 other clubs be getting stud forward prospects to

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I agree. I just find it hard to see Brown not making the lineup right out of training camp. (because we have no star centres, and Brown is strong offensively). And if he does that then it slots White as # 2 and pageau\anisimov as a strong 3rd 4th.

From that I guess the argument would be how much of an impact will Brown make right away. I guess I am higher on Brown than most others becuase I think this 6-6 monster will come in and really impact offensively. He is no spring chicken and he is gonna knock the door down imo.

Brown has not dominated in any league. He may become a second line Center in the NHL at some point but I suspect he will play in Bellville until 2020 unless injuries or trades open a spot for him, or the team has a complete melt-down requiring Melnyk and a Dorion to bring him up to appease the fans.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Brown has not dominated in any league. He may become a second line Center in the NHL at some point but I suspect he will play in Bellville until 2020 unless injuries or trades open a spot for him, or the team has a complete melt-down requiring Melnyk and a Dorion to bring him up to appease the fans.

Possible for sure. I doubt the Sens in a rookie focused rebuild are going to keep a D+4 kid down in the minors who earns a spot in camp. That is a tough message to send to your prospects. Work hard, improve, and it won’t matter, we will keep you down anyway.

He has to earn it but if he does I think he plays in Ottawa.

Reactions: Brannstorm

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Anything is possible. Of course.

Its possible Nilsson and Anderson get 82 shutouts in a row and the sens dont give up a goal all season. Hockey history tells us that while its possible, its extremely unlikely.

As another example, I prefer to look at the probable or the plausible rather than saying its not impossible that someone breaks gretzkys record of 215 points in a season next year.

I dont think its probable that Brown goes from 42 pts in 56 AHL games to top line centre in one summer.

You said “Its possible Nilsson and Anderson get 82 shutouts in a row and the sens dont give up a goal all season. Hockey history tells us that while its possible, its extremely unlikely.”

I don’t think “hockey history” in any pro league tells us that this is possible. In theory yes, but in practice in real life, no. I agree that it is “extremely unlikely” and virtually impossible to achieve.

I agree with you on Logan Brown. Second line Center seems to be his likely top position.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Possible for sure. I doubt the Sens in a rookie focused rebuild are going to keep a D+4 kid down in the minors who earns a spot in camp. That is a tough message to send to your prospects. Work hard, improve, and it won’t matter, we will keep you down anyway.

He has to earn it but if he does I think he plays in Ottawa.

Only time will tell, but if I were a betting man, I would bet he doesn’t make the team as the team already has 4 Centers under contract. He has a chance but it is slim and he would have to put up big numbers in pre-season games. I just do no see that happening at this time.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Only time will tell, but if I were a betting man, I would bet he doesn’t make the team as the team already has 4 Centers under contract. He has a chance but it is slim and he would have to put up big numbers in pre-season games. I just do no see that happening at this time.

I agree... I think he will need to be close to the most offensive C in camp. There is a decent chance he does that because he can play more games than the veterans.

He looked good two years ago on the PP. good chance he puts up some decent numbers and gives the Sens a decision to make. White can (and should) play wing so really on 3 centers.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010

Man of course he'll see time in the NHL this year. Injuries always happen. Even if it's just minor things and he gets a couple games here and there. He'll certainly be one of the first forward callups; maybe only behind Paul, cus it's do or die time now for Paul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad