Speculation: Ottawa Senators trade deadline (players on the move)

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Ottawa has a few players that could be potentially moved at the deadline but i'm sure some of these players i'm about to list don't have much, if any trade value.

JG Pageau
D Demelo
T Ennis
C Tierney
V Namestnikov
R Hainsey
M Borowiecki
C Anderson

What players do you think will actually be moved and who of the players have no trade value?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Boro is hurt, so I don’t think he gets moved. I doubt there is much interest in Anderson, so my guess is that he stays.

one of Pageau or Tierney likely gets moved, I think Demelo gets traded, but he could still re-sign, and I’m guessing Namestnikov gets moved for a mid round pick.

no idea if anyone wants Hainsey or Ennis.

Ottawa likely moves 3-4 players out. They will do something, but likely won’t be crazy busy. In 2011, they made 6 trades in the weeks leading up to the deadline. It likely won’t be like that this time around.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Yah, I only really see DeMelo, Pageau/Tierney, Namestnekov and maybe one of Ennis or Hainsey moving.
Ottawa is committed to leaving the young guns in Belleville for a long playoff run, so they can't trade away everyone.

I actually wouldnt be surprised if they reupped Ennis.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Yah, I only really see DeMelo, Pageau/Tierney, Namestnekov and maybe one of Ennis or Hainsey moving.
Ottawa is committed to leaving the young guns in Belleville for a long playoff run, so they can't trade away everyone.

I actually wouldnt be surprised if they reupped Ennis.

unless of course they take some warm bodies on expiring deals back in contracts, or make some more waiver claims.

I’m expecting to see Sabourin, Boedker and Golobouf play more after the deadline.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Still would like Tierney....want a soon to be ready prospect like Hogberg? Playing top pairing in SHL.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
What’s his value? His underlying stats are very impressive but I haven’t watched him play much.

well to be fair, I don’t know much about Goldobin. I thought you were just offering scraps.

his value might be a 2nd at this point. Greene got one, and as a right shot d that can play top 4 minutes, I’d like to think Demelo could get a 2nd. Likely a 3rd at worst, but a prospect probably works too. Depending on the prospect of course.

He’s more of a stay at home type, so he won’t give you much offence, but he is very solid in his own end.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
well to be fair, I don’t know much about Goldobin. I thought you were just offering scraps.

his value might be a 2nd at this point. Greene got one, and as a right shot d that can play top 4 minutes, I’d like to think Demelo could get a 2nd. Likely a 3rd at worst, but a prospect probably works too. Depending on the prospect of course.

He’s more of a stay at home type, so he won’t give you much offence, but he is very solid in his own end.
Ya Canucks need an upgrade on their 3rd pairing, they have been getting killed.

Goldobin has high reward potential. He had some great stretches last year with Peterrsson. Still very young ‘96. Green worked hard to turn him into two way player.
He’s one of those guys who could fizzle and be in the khl but I think if he was going to give up he would have already done that.

he could figure it out and be a contributor.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
If all it takes for Namestnikov is a mid round pick I'd take him over basically any of the trade targets most Oilers fans are hot for like AA or Tatar.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Ya Canucks need an upgrade on their 3rd pairing, they have been getting killed.

Goldobin has high reward potential. He had some great stretches last year with Peterrsson. Still very young ‘96. Green worked hard to turn him into two way player.
He’s one of those guys who could fizzle and be in the khl but I think if he was going to give up he would have already done that.

he could figure it out and be a contributor.

I can't imagine he carries much value at this point since he's too fringey and waiver eligible plus he's not exactly young anymore at least not for a prospect.

He seems more like the throw in than the value replacement.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009

Goldobin is probably not far off from value. Youngish ready to break in to the league prospect in that 21-25 age range. He's probably pretty close to 2nd-3rd round pick value. He hasn't shown much in his runs in the NHL so far, in spite being with Petersson as his centre and has been demoted. Ottawa probably needs more solid top-4 Defensive prospects though. Maybe along the lines of Utunen or Brisebois, with a 3rd/4th rounder. Juolevi + 2nd if they've completely given up on him.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Avalanche offer Tyson Jost, Drew Helleson and a 2021 2nd that becomes a 1st if Pageau re-signs for Pageau.
Done. Send the paperwork.

Still would like Tierney....want a soon to be ready prospect like Hogberg? Playing top pairing in SHL.
No thanks. Not because of the deal, but because we already have a stud named Hogberg.

Bracco, 2020 4th,for Demelo
I would say yes to this, but Demelo is so good and I really don't wanna help make the leafs better.

Reactions: Altimus

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Done. Send the paperwork.

No thanks. Not because of the deal, but because we already have a stud named Hogberg.

I would say yes to this, but Demelo is so good and I really don't wanna help make the leafs better.

Pick whichever of the vegas/leafs 4th round pick is higher if you want then

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
JG Pageau - COL for Jost+Cond. 2nd in 2021 (1st if he stays or the make WCF)
D Demelo - VGK with Verroneau for 2nd+Korczak
T Ennis - EDM w/ Tierney
C Tierney - EDM with Ennis for Puljujarvi+2nd+Gagner
V Namestnikov - WAS for a 3rd
R Hainsey - NYI for a 3rd
M Borowiecki - Stays in OTT
C Anderson - COL for a 4th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->