Confirmed with Link: Ottawa Senators sign Nick Ebert

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
He still possess a cannon from the point and is good in the offensive zone. Skates well too.

Struggles with confidence , consistency and dzone coverage at times.

Adds to our depth I guess

Reactions: NB613 and Icelevel

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
From what I remember he was super talented. After his first year in the OHL he was supposed to be a first round pick in his draft. Something happened, I'm not sure if it was off ice issues or what not, but I do remember the name. I'll look into it more!

He was touted as a potential top 10, but what people found was that his outstanding rookie year was more the product of his team which was exceptional. His point totals fell the next two years.

There were off ice family issues, but from what I had seen the issue was along the lines he's 5'11 and tries to play like he's 6'4. Hopefully he has learned to simplify his game.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He still possess a cannon from the point and is good in the offensive zone. Skates well too.

Struggles with confidence , consistency and dzone coverage at times.

Adds to our depth I guess

What's his speed like? How poised is he under pressure? How is his passing?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The posted review says: "Ebert is a defenseman with good hockey sense and a big shot. An excellent skater, he is speedy and agile, and can rush the puck up the ice."

A one-way contract as rumored seems odd with the D men we already have. I suspect he is headed to Belleville. THIS is our big UFA signing for the summer! :)

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
A one-way contract as rumored seems odd with the D men we already have. I suspect he is headed to Belleville.

Has there been any confirmation on the one-way rumour anywhere?

Seems like an odd move on our part - guaranteeing part of our limited budget on a gamble for a guy who is probably a depth NHLer at best. Doesn't seem like a thing we would do.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
What's his speed like? How poised is he under pressure? How is his passing?

From what I've seen;

Very good but not elite speed.

Hes better than both Ceci and Boro are under pressure. But maybe only a tier above.

Passing is Ceci like. Decent but not outstanding. He really likes to rush and carry the puck up the ice.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Good pick up. RHD needs depth.

Good thing about D.J. and Cap is they are current NHL coaches - Boucher and Craw had been in Europe for a while and lost the immediate current NHL touch, that’s how you end up with Burrows and Thompson.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Who ranked the last player selected, at the end of the 7th round, in the first round?
He was very highly regarded as a 15 year old and never progressed after his rookie season in the ohl. Nobody ranked him in the first round by the time his draft year rolled around but lots of people would have seen him as a guy to watch a couple years before.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Who ranked the last player selected, at the end of the 7th round, in the first round?

He was was crazy hyped (like, overhyped) as a 16 year old coming into the OHL and everyone thought he was some kind of prodigy. Had a crazy good season as a 16 year old in Windsor. That was when people were talking about him as a 1st round talent.

... Then he literally got worse in every OHL season. And by the time the draft rolled around, voila - 7th rounder.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I head the Sens were trying to sign Siskel as well and want a bigger splash announcement.. that's why we have heard nothing official from the team yet.

That and this

strong club

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
So this is still NOT ........ "Confirmed with a Link" ........... so maybe re-label this thread as "Rumour"?

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm still of the opinion that Ceci will be re-signed. I just don't see Ebert coming from Europe as a replacement for a player who plays big minutes night in & night out in the NHL & has done it for a few yrs now. Regardless of what this fan base thinks of Ceci he has a lot going for him & should command around $5.5 mil per season next yr on a longer term. Hopefully, this coaching staff will see he has been miscast & will play him in a role where he can succeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad