GDT: Ottawa Senators @ San Jose Sharks // Oct. 12th '13 // 10:00PM ET // CBC (TSN 1200)

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
San Jose Sharks (4-0-0, 8pts, 1st in West) vs. Ottawa Senators (1-0-2, 4pts, 8th in East)

images

Game Info

Inside_view_HP_Pavilion.jpg

SAP Pavilion at San Jose (17,496)

Date: October 12th, 2013
Time: 10PM ET/7PM PT
TV: CBC
Radio: TSN 1200

Articles:
* Experts picks --> http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/senators-prediction-panel-game-4-4
* CBS Sports Preview --> http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/gametracker/preview/NHL_20131012_OTT@SJ/senatorssharks-preview
* TSE Preview --> http://www.ketv.com/sports/Preview-Senators-at-Sharks/-/9674600/22394290/-/12a2on1/-/index.html
* Yahoo Preview --> http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/senators-sharks-preview-014026798--nhl.html

Storylines

tomas-hertl.jpg

Sharks rookie Tomas Hertl leads all rookies (all players for that matter) in points, with seven in his first four games.

spezza.jpg

While Senators captain Jason Spezza is back practicing with the team, he is listed as questionable.

Joe-Thornton-POTW.jpg

Heaven help us if Joe Thornton scores four goals, as Big Joe was quoted (while defending teammate Tomas Hertl's celebrations) as saying, "“I’d have my c— out if I scored four goals. I’d have my c— out, stroking it.”

9024013.jpg

The Sharks are one of the hottest teams in the league out of the gate, and are coming off of an impressive 4-1 win in Vancouver on Thursday night.

1297477619126_ORIGINAL.jpg

The Sens are off to a decent start (1-0-2), and are coming off of a 4-3 OT-loss in Los Angeles on Wednesday. The Sens rallied from 3-nil down to salvage a point at the Staples Center.

LineUps

(All lineups tentative to change until tomorrow afternoon)

Ottawa Senators

Milan Michalek - Jason Spezza - Bobby Ryan
Clarke MacArthur - Kyle Turris - Cory Conacher
Zack Smith - Stephane Da Costa - Chris Neil
Colin Greening - J.G. Pageau - Erik Condra
Erik Karlsson - Marc Methot
Jared Cowen - Patrick Wiercioch
Chris Phillips - Eric Gryba
Robin Lehner

Out : Matt Kassian (Healthy), Joe Corvo (Eye)

San Jose Sharks

Tomas Hertl - Joe Thornton - Brent Burns
Tyler Kennedy - Logan Couture - Patrick Marleau
Matt Nieto - Joe Pavelski - Tommy Wingels
James Sheppard - Andrew Desjardins - Matt Pelech
MarcEdouard Vlasic - Justin Braun
Matt Irwin - Dan Boyle
Jason Demers - Scott Hannan
Anttii Niemi

Out : Martin Havlat, Raffi Torres, Adam Burish, Brad Stuart

Starting Goaltenders

8475215.jpg
vs.
8474550.jpg

Robin Lehner (OTT) --> 1st start of season
Antti Niemi (SJS)--> 4-0-0, .945, 1.25

Stats Comparison
OTT - x - SJS
8 - GF - 21
9 - GA - 5
2 OT - Streak - 4 W
12.5% (24th) - Powerplay - 22.2% (10th)
75.0% (25th) - Penalty Kill - 81.8% (14th)

Last edited:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I think San Jose is due for a loss. One which they will endure right after kicking the crap out of us.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
I think San Jose is due for a loss. One which they will endure right after kicking the crap out of us.

I can't help but agree.

The Sharks offense is just too hot right now (not to mention Niemi's playing the best hockey of his career right now).

I'll say 4-1 Sharks, with the Hertl-Thornton combo doing the lion's share of the damage for SJ.

I also think Lehner should get his first start of the season before this Western trip is over.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
While I don't think Sens will win, I'll be content if we can play some disciplined hockey and at least drag out a point.

I was much happier with the Sens play after the 1st period last game, and will be happy if that continues - win or lose.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
We need to play some old time senators hockey and when i say old time i mean last year's team. Our defense needs to prove themselves after two shaky games.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I wish they'd start Lehner so he'll get lit up with 5 goals in the 1st everyone would get a glimpse what what swiss cheese that guy is.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Spezza is going to take the team, put them on his back and win the game single-handedly. 57 saves, and 4 goals for Spezza.

BigZKingK

Mar 4, 2012
I wish they'd start Lehner so he'll get lit up with 5 goals in the 1st everyone would get a glimpse what what swiss cheese that guy is.

Agreed! Lehner is really bad... They should bring up a elite player from bingo for this game Maybe a guy like Cannone! Oh Wait ...

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Everything has to fall into place perfectly for the Sens to get any points out of this one. No big deal, because in an 82 game schedule you will run into a blazing hot team now and again. Realistically, getting 2 points out of the Sharks/Ducks back to back games would be huge victory for the team.

If the Sens do lose tonight I'm taking a couple of days off of HF to avoid having to look at panic threads of people who are jumping out of windows just because we started off the season on a brutally tough road trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad