Ottawa Senators Roster (22 players)

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Preissing was a sick 3rd pairing D that season. And Mendes did a fantastic segment where no one knew who he was :laugh:

Oh, I agree. He was great but I doubt a lot of Sens fans could correctly tell you who which defenseman led our D in points and +/- the season we went to the Cup final.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Conacher got to play with the reigning Art Ross and Rocket Richard winners prior to being traded.

Not a coincidence that his production went down when he was traded to us.

Unless Ryan gets hurt, there's no chance he out produces Ryan.

Fun fact: Conacher's goal scoring pace stayed exactly the same after the trade. He just didn't produce the assists. Not all that surprising considering he went to one of the worst offensive teams in the league. He's not a catalyst but definitely gonna find a career as a top 6 forward. He already looks to have some chemistry with Turris and Mac. I see him sticking there for awhile.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Everyone has the right to there opinion. Seems short sighted to right him off without playing 1 game this season. Despite how 'out there' the prediction may be.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Ryan and Zibanejad out score Conacher and Da Costa.

Loser changes their avatar to whatever the winner wants.

I don't really see what the point of this is. I never said that either of them would, nor do I think either of them will. I said I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't really see what the point of this is. I never said that either of them would, nor do I think either of them will. I said I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Come on now. You know you want to take that bet. ;)

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Everyone has the right to there opinion. Seems short sighted to right him off without playing 1 game this season. Despite how 'out there' the prediction may be.

Here, it's a very out there opinion that proves nothing if he ends up right.

Maybe Pageau outscores Spezza this year, it's possible, but I'd be a dummy to suggest it could happen.

Anything can happen.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Come on now. You know you want to take that bet. ;)

It just seems needlessly confrontational over a difference in opinion. Not only that, but I never even said that Conacher or Da Costa would do better than their counterparts. I just said it's a bit far fetched to say that Conacher wouldn't even come close, or that there was no way, given that he had the same level of production as Ryan just last year (in Conacher's rookie year).

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
That Smith - Da Costa - Neil line is disgusting, and not in a good way

Could easily see Smith taken out for a guy like stone. I dont understand what that line's role is but offensively maybe it works. neil and smith are both guys who can pot 15 goals and their scoring could be increased with Da Costa's play making ability. I guess that would make Greening-Pageau-Condra our shut down line, which looks like they could do a competent job.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Could easily see Smith taken out for a guy like stone. I dont understand what that line's role is but offensively maybe it works. neil and smith are both guys who can pot 15 goals and their scoring could be increased with Da Costa's play making ability. I guess that would make Greening-Pageau-Condra our shut down line, which looks like they could do a competent job.

Neil could score 15? He's done it once, it would be a struggle for him to get 10.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
1) I doubt that lines sticks, and even if it does I seriously doubt Hertl gets a Calder nomination. Hertl would be in the AHL if he was on the Sens.

My point is, Ottawa's defense, bottom 6, and depth everywhere blow SJ's completely out of the water. SJ is a pretty good team, so the worries about Ottawa are looking to be unfounded.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Agreed. Hertl is going to be a Calder finalist, IMO.

But Mandy will never, ever, ever change his point of view. Ever. According to him, even considering compromise is akin to losing an argument (I'm paraphrasing MAK on the "compromise = losing" thing, but the point is still the same), so don't expect to change his mind, or even meet you halfway. You'd just be wasting your breath.

WhiteLight*

Looking at the rookie class, I think Trouba and MacKinnon will be 2 finalists for the Calder. The 3rd spot could go to Hertl I guess, or Scheifele, Monahan or Jones.

Either way 2 games is wayyy to early to proclaim I'm wrong.

WhiteLight*

"to constitute defamation, a claim must generally be false and have been made to someone other than the person defamed"

... If I wrote anything in my post that is false, either by direct quote or by clear precedence, let me know, and I'll redact it.

lol. Regardless you took something from a private conversation and posted it for the whole world to see with the intention of making me look bad.

emphasis on generally

also, ''public disclosure of private facts''

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
lol. Regardless you took something from a private conversation and posted it for the whole world to see with the intention of making me look bad.

emphasis on generally

also, ''public disclosure of private facts''

But you're posting these ''private conversations'' on Public internet forums, to which millions of people have access to? :laugh:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I didn't disclose any PM's whatsoever.

If you are referring to the "compromise = losing" quote, that was on a public board.

I found the quote, though I should point out that for accuracy's sake, that you didn't say "losing", you said "caving". So, whatever that is worth, there's that. I was going from memory.

Quote is here:
Compromising = caving. Caving should be part of Compromise's definition in the dictionary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad