Ottawa Senators Roster (22 players)

Iconoclast

Lifestyle on camera
May 2, 2013
Toronto
About time Conacher gets some rispeck. So many of you wanted to trade him over the summer. I remain that he will be an effective top sixer for us.

Maybe he reads these boards and stepped his game up.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That is beyond laughable.

Why is that beyond laughable? He outscored him last year playing much less time, and when he was playing top 6 minutes/linemates he was putting up a pace that Ryan never has in his career.

IJS

EDIT: Sorry, 1 less point playing 3 minutes less per game.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Because it's possible Ryan has more goals than Conacher has points, LOL. That's why.

And the pace he put in like 15 games? I'm sure Ryan has had a pace like that somewhere in his 300+ NHL games. Like during his 71 point season, for instance.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Highly doubt Conacher outscores Ryna this year. Conacher is likely going to not stick full time in the top 6 as I expect him to get subbed out and other gyus given a carrot stick and slide into the top 6, Greening, Zib, Stone etc.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
As far as the line go, why even keep Da Costa if you are going to give him two offensive black holes beside him with Smith and Neil? Doesn't make sense to me.

If they are trying to showcase his offensive talents to trade him, that line is not going to produce. If they think they have a solid two way shut down line, well Da Costa ain't the guy to do that either.

Just puzzled by that line.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Because it's possible Ryan has more goals than Conacher has points, LOL. That's why.

And the pace he put in like 15 games? I'm sure Ryan has had a pace like that somewhere in his 300+ NHL games. Like during his 71 point season, for instance.

Mmk. I'm just saying it's really not that laughable given how close they were in production in Conacher's rookie year playing 3 minutes less per game. If Conacher gets a chance to stick in the top 6 there's a good chance he could outproduce Ryan.

Also it's pretty ambitious to think that Ryan could put up more goals than Conacher would points given he put up 29 points in 47 games as a rookie.

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
Well I think our T6 for opening night is a lock right now as seems to have been indicated by the staff.

Ryan - Spezza - Michalek

They will get a tryout as a unit to start the season as has been demonstrated. They are going to throw these three together and hope they stick.

MacArthur - Turris - Conacher

This trio lit it up by not only scoring, but by completely dominating on ice play in their time together in the preseason. They will start together, I would bet the house on it.

The bottom 6 is where things get a little dicey as you might want to factor in PK pairings and chemistry. My money is on something like this

Greening - Pageau - Condra
Smith - Da Costa - Neil

When Kassian rotates into the lineup Da Costa comes out and Smith rotates to center.

I think Pageau and Condra could play together as a potential PK pairing and will serve as a great energy line with Greening. Smith and Neil act as good tough opponents in insulate Da Costa and arn't completely devoid of goalscoring ability. Smith can take draws as well if Da Costa doesn't do well which is a + while Da Costa plays the natural center.

Called it! :yo:

Just call me coach :sarcasm:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
As far as the line go, why even keep Da Costa if you are going to give him two offensive black holes beside him with Smith and Neil? Doesn't make sense to me.

If they are trying to showcase his offensive talents to trade him, that line is not going to produce. If they think they have a solid two way shut down line, well Da Costa ain't the guy to do that either.

puck posession

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Part of me wants to see greening with spezza and Ryan and have mm play on the third with pageau. Gives us 3 scary lines and I can invision pageau's passing and mm shooting really meshing well.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

What else are they going to do with him? He's not going to take Turris or SPezza's slot unless one of them is injured.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Mmk. I'm just saying it's really not that laughable given how close they were in production in Conacher's rookie year playing 3 minutes less per game. If Conacher gets a chance to stick in the top 6 there's a good chance he could outproduce Ryan.

Also it's pretty ambitious to think that Ryan could put up more goals than Conacher would points given he put up 29 points in 47 games as a rookie.

Conacher got to play with the reigning Art Ross and Rocket Richard winners prior to being traded.

Not a coincidence that his production went down when he was traded to us.

Unless Ryan gets hurt, there's no chance he out produces Ryan.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Conacher got to play with the reigning Art Ross and Rocket Richard winners prior to being traded.

Not a coincidence that his production went down when he was traded to us.

Unless Ryan gets hurt, there's no chance he out produces Ryan.

Ryan got to play with Getzlaf, Perry and Selanne. Conacher's original linemates were Purcell and Lecavalier. If you think he had the better line-mates that's fine, but the difference is negligible at best.

Saying "no chance" to a guy that has already outproduced him in pre-season and produced the same level as him last year is a bit of a stretch.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Ryan got to play with Getzlaf, Perry and Selanne. Conacher's original linemates were Purcell and Lecavalier. If you think he had the better line-mates that's fine, but the difference is negligible at best.

Saying "no chance" to a guy that has already outproduced him in pre-season and produced the same level as him last year is a bit of a stretch.

Ryan and Zibanejad out score Conacher and Da Costa.

Loser changes their avatar to whatever the winner wants.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad