Ottawa Senators Roster (22 players)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I doubt either Da Costa or Pageau play the wing, it's most likely that Smith will be moved to LW. I also agree that the team now has too many small & soft players, especially down the middle, we'll see.

Unfortunately, this is how I think PM will line then up:

Michalek - Spezza - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Conacher
Greening - Da Costa - Condra
Z. Smith - Pageau - Neil/Kassian

Against the Leafs I assume that one of Pageau or Da Costa come out for Kassian & Smith move back to centre. Hopefully, BM can make a deal sooner rather than later.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
I think Zbad and Stone will benefit greatly from having first line ice time in bingo over 3rd line time with the big club. Its really nice that our biggest problem is too many good players.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Zibanejad and Stone are very good at hockey and have size, so your point is irrelevant.

Well, aragorn is saying players that didn't make the team deserve to be on the team because of their size despite being out performed.

Berserker*

I think Zbad and Stone will benefit greatly from having first line ice time in bingo over 3rd line time with the big club. Its really nice that our biggest problem is too many good players.

It sure sounds like they will be on the team full time before the halfway point. It is very frustrating to see them get sent down, but like you said, there is a silver lining which may net the greatest benefit for their development and for the success of the organization in the long run.

Berserker*

Great news

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes 9m

Bryan Murray tells us that the organization would like Mark Stone to just go down and play 25 or 30 games in Binghamton. Needs game action.

Stone will be on this team soon enough.

Berserker*

Well, aragorn is saying players that didn't make the team deserve to be on the team because of their size despite being out performed.

Well that is ridiculous; size by itself doesn't win you games, let alone championships. Having size for the sake of having size is more likely to hurt your team than help hit.

Carrie Underwood

Jul 28, 2010
have to be some trades soon. SDC must be getting showcased, and one of the wingers. Zibby and Stone up jan 2014.

Maybe we can get a 1st round pick somehow

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
We have way too many small or smallish forwards.

Jean Gabriel Pageau 5'9 163 lbs
Stephane Da Costa 5'11 185 lbs
Cory Conacher 5'8 179 lbs
Erik Condra 6' 189 lbs
Kyle Turris 6'1 193 lbs
Clark MacArthur 6' 191 lbs

MacArthur 6 feet? LOL

Berserker*

have to be some trades soon. SDC must be getting showcased, and one of the wingers. Zibby and Stone up jan 2014.

Maybe we can get a 1st round pick somehow

I think this is the plan for the Senators. They want to let some of their top prospects (Zibanejad and Stone) get quality minutes in the AHL so they can fully develop into premier players and then allow guys currently on the roster to gain market value so they can ship them out to create roster spots for those two (and possibly others).

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Is it just me or does our team still not look that good compared to a lot of other NHL teams.

It's just you.

Superstar centre, winger, defenceman and top 5 goalie from 2012. Also have a team full of grinders that worked hard and helped us make the playoffs last year.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
What a crappy roster. I am predicting a last place finish in the atlantic division.

With zibanejad:

boston
detroit
ottawa
toronto
montreal
tampa
florida
buffalo

Without zibanejad:

boston
detroit
toronto
montreal
tampa
florida
buffalo
ottawa

lol thanks, 19h35 and I was thinking "hmm, boring day, not enough lolz"

Michalek-Spezza-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Conacher
Greening-Pageau-Condra
Smith-DaCosta-Neil

That looks sick.

This.

Now we gotta discover who Zibanejad and Stone will replace... Must look at a list of forwards sorted by salaries.

Stone replaces Greening and Zibanejad replaces Smith?

We could get something interesting for Greening + Smith (this season would be the best time to "sell high" IMO). Add a prospect who might never get a spot because too much depht (Petersson, Prince, Hoffman or Borowiecki) and maybe we get a quality player or a high pick (But which team lacks quality depht and doesn't need their 1st? Not sure if that exists)

Is it just me or does our team still not look that good compared to a lot of other NHL teams.

It's the opposite of rose-colour glasses. Sens will fight for a playoff spot. We just have no idea how long it will take them to secure a spot (or not, but a lot would have to go wrong for it to happen)

Last edited:

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
Well I think our T6 for opening night is a lock right now as seems to have been indicated by the staff.

Ryan - Spezza - Michalek

They will get a tryout as a unit to start the season as has been demonstrated. They are going to throw these three together and hope they stick.

MacArthur - Turris - Conacher

This trio lit it up by not only scoring, but by completely dominating on ice play in their time together in the preseason. They will start together, I would bet the house on it.

The bottom 6 is where things get a little dicey as you might want to factor in PK pairings and chemistry. My money is on something like this

Greening - Pageau - Condra
Smith - Da Costa - Neil

When Kassian rotates into the lineup Da Costa comes out and Smith rotates to center.

I think Pageau and Condra could play together as a potential PK pairing and will serve as a great energy line with Greening. Smith and Neil act as good tough opponents in insulate Da Costa and arn't completely devoid of goalscoring ability. Smith can take draws as well if Da Costa doesn't do well which is a + while Da Costa plays the natural center.

WhiteLight*

Vancouver
Alberts, Weber, Santorelli, Schroeder, Richardson, Sestito, Dalpe, Weise, Richardson - awful

San Jose
Nieto, Burish, Sheppard, Kennedy, Hannan, Braun, Demers - awful

Pittsburgh
Fleury, Bortuzzo, Engelland, Glass, Connor, D'Agostini, Adams - awful

Chicago
Bollig, Nordstrom, Smith, Brookbank, Hayes - dreadful

Ottawa
Kassian, possibly Corvo - awful

Yeah I think we're good

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
We have way too many small or smallish forwards.

Jean Gabriel Pageau 5'9 163 lbs
Stephane Da Costa 5'11 185 lbs
Cory Conacher 5'8 179 lbs
Erik Condra 6' 189 lbs
Kyle Turris 6'1 193 lbs
Clark MacArthur 6' 191 lbs

lol. 6'0 and 6'1 aren't exactly shrimps

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Still think it would be better with Zibby on the team.

Michalek-Spezza-Ryan
Macarthur-Turris-Conacher
Greening-Pageau-Zibanejad
Condra-Smith-Neil

Also, neither Da Costa or Pageau should be playing on the 4th line IMO.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Please don't persume to think you know what I am saying because you're wrong.

I think this is the plan for the Senators. They want to let some of their top prospects (Zibanejad and Stone) get quality minutes in the AHL so they can fully develop into premier players and then allow guys currently on the roster to gain market value so they can ship them out to create roster spots for those two (and possibly others).

This.

Its just you.

Well they looked pretty crappy last night but we have seen this team bounce back numerous times in the past.

lol thanks, 19h35 and I was thinking "hmm, boring day, not enough lolz"

This.

Now we gotta discover who Zibanejad and Stone will replace... Must look at a list of forwards sorted by salaries.

Stone replaces Greening and Zibanejad replaces Smith?

We could get something interesting for Greening + Smith (this season would be the best time to "sell high" IMO). Add a prospect who might never get a spot because too much depht (Petersson, Prince, Hoffman or Borowiecki) and maybe we get a quality player or a high pick (But which team lacks quality depht and doesn't need their 1st? Not sure if that exists)

It's the opposite of rose-colour glasses. Sens will fight for a playoff spot. We just have no idea how long it will take them to secure a spot (or not, but a lot would have to go wrong for it to happen)

Couldn't disagree with you more. I think there is no way that Greening & Smith are replaced by those two especially considering their contracts. I'm hoping that Zibanejad & Stone replace Da Costa & Condra in the lineup but I think it will all depend on what BM gets back in a trade. I want to see our team get bigger skilled players not smaller players, I don't want them getting the **** kicked out of them like the smurf Habs. I could see BM trading any of Hoffman, Filatov, Da Costa, Condra, JOB or Petersson. Two good lines there but what value would those guys have right now? I still think Fleischmann is a possibility although Kyle Clifford or Matt Martin would add some size & toughness to the team. This team needs more guys with passion who have the heart to compete every shift. The big skilled guys I really want likely are not available.

If the return is draft picks than Zibanejad & Stone should be the first forwards to be called up. But if BM makes a deal for a forward than I would expect that forward to be in the lineup, unless it is a young prospect who is in junior, overseas or can play in Bingo. A Zibanejad, Pageau & Stone line would be interesting but if BM trades for a top 6 forward Stone may have to wait longer to be called up depending on how many roster players get traded, if any. This team needs Greening & Smith but can do without Da Costa & Condra, we have plenty of guys who can replace them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad