Speculation: Ottawa Senators: Master Builders Edition

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
It seemed that you did blame the coach, but I will take your word for it. Sometimes things get lost in type. I'm 100% sure we would be having a perfectly reasonable discussion if it was over a beer instead of in an online forum.

I agree. I might have edited my post before you saw it. :laugh:

I just think that afternoon game preparation is definitely something to look at.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I agree. I might have edited my post before you saw it. :laugh:

I just think that afternoon game preparation is definitely something to look at.

To be honest, at this point I think a lot of the afternoon game thing is in the player's heads. I've played a few sports, and one constant is that things sometimes stick in your brain. In individual sports there may be a person you just can't beat even though you probably should. Or in team sports there may be a building you suck in. If you start to think about it too much it gets in your head and become self-fulfilling.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
It seemed that you did blame the coach, but I will take your word for it. Sometimes things get lost in type. I'm 100% sure we would be having a perfectly reasonable discussion if it was over a beer instead of in an online forum.

The biggest question right now... would you have beer in the afternoon or evening?

SuperDuper101

May 15, 2013
To be honest, at this point I think a lot of the afternoon game thing is in the player's heads. I've played a few sports, and one constant is that things sometimes stick in your brain. In individual sports there may be a person you just can't beat even though you probably should. Or in team sports there may be a building you suck in. If you start to think about it too much it gets in your head and become self-fulfilling.

I would say it's this. Realistically though in small samples things get skewed easily so that could just be blind unfortunate bad luck. So if you wanted to actually analyze that problem things you should look at are:

1. Performance of the PK in afternoon games

2. Quality of competition. Who did we actually play. If those games were mostly against teams we often lose to then the whole "afternoon" time sort of loses weight.

3. Back to Backs. How many of the afternoons were on a back-to-back vs. a rested team.

----

In general the main purpose of this thread is to talk about building. I'm of the position that two top 4-D and a scoring T6 winger = much better Ottawa team.

If finances no longer hold us back, then the real gamble is we may not want to go out and buy those stop-gap T4D at sky-high prices, only to watch two of Ceci/Wier/Cowen become those top 4D we were looking for... meaning we didn't need to go out and acquire them and rather just wait for them to become what they should eventually be. As of right now though I'd think we should at least go and get one more Methot-esque defender. ASAP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad