Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa Senators @ Chicken Wings October 23 (7:30 p.m. Eastern, 4:30 p.m. Pacific)

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
But he was considered... Why must we assassinate Karlsson's character too?

Always the same people.

So what do we have so far:
Karlsson being distant at pubs, too good for you
Karlsson defending Alfie, sad, not interested when he plays

Just wait til Spezza has a good playoff run, and he becomes anointed the next god of Ottawa. Karlsson will become the next 'underachieving' superstar, and Lazar will become the young and amicable star who can do no wrong. I remember a time when Alfie was a polarizing figure in Ottawa, and Spezza was the 20 year old superstar who was just being held back by Jacques Martin. This sort of stuff is just cyclical.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
You're a little late to the conversation....someone insinuated that Alfredsson left because the guys in the room didn't care about winning. My point was, if that's why Alfredsson left, then that doesn't make him much of a captain if he couldn't get his team to focus.

The second part is me just being sick of hearing about Alfredsson. We won ZERO cups with him here, we've won ZERO since. It's not like him playing one more year here was going to make us a champion this season anyways so HK. Hoo Kares?

You should care. If we had Alf and Ryan, this team would be very close to cup material.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Are we really playing the what if game?

I want to play.

What if the sens were healthy all of last season?
What if the islanders did defeat the pengiuns?
What if toronto did in fact defeat the bruins?

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Are we really playing the what if game?

I want to play.

What if the sens were healthy all of last season?
What if the islanders did defeat the pengiuns?
What if toronto did in fact defeat the bruins?

Why stop there? Lets go with:

What if we convinced Chara to stay and let Redden walk?
What if we drafted Anze Kopitar instead of Brian Lee?
What if Dominek Hasek didn't have a pulled groin for 8 months?
What if we signed David Clarkson instead of Bobby Ryan?
What if we played downtown instead of in Kanata?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
It would be a classless move by the organization if they don't give alfie a hell of a tribute when he comes back.

He'll get a nice video and a standing ovation. No doot aboot it

Iconoclast

Lifestyle on camera
May 2, 2013
Toronto
What if we drafted Chris Pronger instead of Daigle?
What if we signed Martin St Louis after we gave him that PTO?

What if we won the lockout draft lottery and got Crosby?

Had to join in. What ifs are fun.

hockeycoach

Jan 20, 2006
SenCity

What if we won the lockout draft lottery and got Crosby?

That sent shivers down my spine.

btw, Iconoclast,
I noticed you hail from the 'Land of the Big Blue', the Centre of the Universe.
How's that workin for ya?
What's it like supporting the Sens from behind enemy lines?

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Exactly
And I dont like the fact kalrsson is defending him so much
It stinks
I have a bad feeling about this
I could easily see king karl asking to
Be trade to the swedish house team

And everybody knows how the sens handle such demand in the past:help:

Karlsson is...special. He doesn't understand yet the subtleties of NHL rivalry and the appropriateness of avoiding the enemy. He's been affected, to put it nicely, by living with Alfredsson. We'll see how he plays tonight. If at any point he fails to defend Alfredsson that may be a warning sign.

He was not saying that the quote specifically is why he wasn't considered. He was saying that his maturity level and personality were, and that the quote was an example of that.

Your experience might be different than others. Other people have found him stand-offish and have a 'better than you' attitude.

Yep, Karlsson has been acting his age or younger a little too often. He turned down a fan request for an autograph in Toronto, his tweets have been bizarre and he's been very cavalier. He's only 23 but that needs to change soon. Be Karlsson skill-wise but be Chris Phillips off the ice.

1000x THIS. I am starting to get sick of all the "reasons" people keep insinuating about why he left Ottawa pinning it on the players that are still here. Are people not fans of OUR team?!? Why is it that this perceived laissez-faire attitude that was running rampant throughout our locker room NOT attributed to the captain. As captain, it's his job to corral the youth and develop that attitude of winning. Don't tell me that a 17 year veteran can't get some exuberant kids to settle down and focus on winning. If that's the case, he wasn't much of a captain anyways and we're better off without him trying to replace him with actual leadership.

I'm getting mighty sick of the deification of the false God that is Alfredsson.

I'd say that Alfie playing through countless injuries, taking less money to help the team, spending tons of time with Big Brothers & Sisters, the Royal Ottawa Hospital and other places and fairly carrying the team for the past 7-8 years gives him a bit of a free pass.

Of course we all want the Senators to win, we all do as we're fans, but no one in this franchise's history has been more important than Alfredsson. This wound will take time to close, but beating the Wings would go a long way toward that. Losing to the Wings, as would losing to the Maple Leafs or Canadiens, is simply unacceptable.

Phillips out?

Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent 14m
Première rotation en défensive: Méthot-Karlsson, Cowen-Corvo, Wiercioch-Gryba. #Sens #ledroit

That's great news. Phillips is a ****ing plug.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->