Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa Senators @ Chicken Wings October 23 (7:30 p.m. Eastern, 4:30 p.m. Pacific)

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I hope maclean beats the living **** out of every player. Every player needs to come to play on wednesday being that doing any sort of lolligagging will put us in a deep hole to start the game.

I hope he used the word "lollygagging" in his rant.

Numerous times.

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
Mac is apparently going really hard on the boys at practice today.

Good.

Maclean seems to be trying to change the culture of this team. The past two years have largely been development years, and it's been nothing but positive reinforcement and patience from him. This year he seems to be demanding more from his players, and his demeanor seems much more serious.

It reminds of Daugavins' comments when he went to Boston, how the attitude in the locker room was all about winning, all the time. It's an adjustment we had to make at some point, that winning is important and takes superior focus and determination. Getting so thoroughly outplayed by Pittsburgh in the playoffs I think really emphasized that we have another step we need to take.

Stef*

Can we try just once not to play grandpa phil on the PP for the entire game
Plzzzzzzzzzz

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It reminds of Daugavins' comments when he went to Boston, how the attitude in the locker room was all about winning, all the time. It's an adjustment we had to make at some point, that winning is important and takes superior focus and determination. Getting so thoroughly outplayed by Pittsburgh in the playoffs I think really emphasized that we have another step we need to take.

I still think that this is why Alfredsson left.

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
I still think that this is why Alfredsson left.

Agreed, he saw that despite the talent, this team still has some growing pains to go through. He's been through it before in Ottawa, where we established ourselves as a top team in 99-00, but didn't have any real playoff success until '03. He doesn't have that much time left.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Fully expecting us to get killed 5-0 with three goals scored in the first after we rack up 14 minutes of penalties in the first period.
:(

Stef*

Maclean seems to be trying to change the culture of this team. The past two years have largely been development years, and it's been nothing but positive reinforcement and patience from him. This year he seems to be demanding more from his players, and his demeanor seems much more serious.

Yes but we need to win to get the chance to take another step

Our gigadefendliness type of play of last year made us go to the second round

I prefer they play defensive game and win than seeing edmonton score 3 on us every other sunday just for the sake of changing our attitude

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'll be there too. It'll be my first time at the Joe, so I really want a Sen's win. Like you I'm really nervous about the boys getting into penalty trouble, the Red Wings are a team that will make us pay for that. I'm also going with my hard core Winds fan friend and she'll never let me hear the end of it, if the boys get smoked.

I'll be there with two wings fans and a leafs fan. My friends are all *******s so I'm expecting them to all be wearing alfie wings jersey tees or something.

OHNOclowe

The Thread Killer
Feb 21, 2009
October 23rd, 2013. Ottawa Senators Zone:

Karlsson and Alfie get tangled up in the boards fighting for the puck, amidst the struggling Karlsson looks Alfie in the eyes.

"Alfie, it's me! Erik!"

Alfie pretends like he hears nothing and kicks the puck deeper into the corner where the pair continue to chase, Alfie gets more aggressive and with a growl throws Karlsson to the ice.

Karlsson recovers and resumes his battle with his former mentor.

"Alfie! I know there's still good in you! You have to fight it!"

Alfie shows his frustration by elbowing Karlsson in the ribs (the refs don't notice of course and play goes on), Karlsson staggers but continues with his pleading.

"Alfie it's me, Erik! I know there's still good in you, and you have to fight it!" He continues with similar phrases as Alfie's protestations turn into roars.

But then something happened.

Alfie appears stricken, play is stopped, all are staring as Karlsson and Alfie stare at each other, Alfie is trying to form a single word, which eventually comes out.

"E-Erik..."

All is lost in a sudden flash of light and a peal of epic laughter, and Alfie triumphantly stands next to Karlsson wearing a pre-2008 white Sens uniform, arms in the air, 2003 golden locks, a grin under his mustache.

The Captain is back.

He leads a charge up the ice towards the Red Wing's goalie and scores-

However it's disallowed because of too many men on the ice, Cory Clouston laughs at his tv in spite of himself, MacLean remains as calm as ever, Melnyk gripes at the salary he now has to pay due to this act of divine intervention.

One can dream.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Not expecting a win.

and then down from the heavens...

184427976_slide.jpg

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Kassian only had 4 minutes of practice.

He needs to save his energy, as soon as the puck drops on Wednesday he is dropping the gloves & going after Alfredsson to let him know what Ottawa fans think of his defection. :laugh:

Better put this guy in here :sarcasm: before people go nuts & I get banned from here. Kidding just kidding everyone ... :D

The_Team_Nurse

Mar 8, 2007
Sarnia
I'll be there with two wings fans and a leafs fan. My friends are all *******s so I'm expecting them to all be wearing alfie wings jersey tees or something.

lol, ok my friend isn't that bad. Now the Sens really have to get their back sides in gear for your sake. The first 10 minutes will tell the tale. If the Sens can keep a lid on their emotions and play disciplined, then I think they sand a decent chance.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Don't know why, but I have a good feeling about this game. While I had a bad feeling about the EDM, which was proven correct. I think the team goes up a notch and wins this one. 3-2 Ottawa.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Karlsson says he's going to have dinner with Alfie at his new house.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->