GDT: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres | 3:00 PM - SNET-E

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Kassian with 3:21 of ice time.

He's not here to play hockey, he's here to kick the **** out of Steve Ott or any other wanna-be tough guy who thinks he can take royalties with our players.

Kassian playing less than 5 minutes of icetime and getting in a fight means we don't lose Neil for over 5 minutes because he decided to fight a Colten Orr or a Frazer McLaren.

He's valuable as a deterrent, not as a hockey player.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Media is too busy previewing the Leafs game that's coming up.

Who to take for.... WPG or Tor? The best for Ott is if Tor wins since they would still be 1 point behind and we would have a game in hand. If we beat WPG in reg tomorrow then we'd go up 6 points on them and still be 3 points up on Tor even up in games after 29.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Impressions:

- I think Buffalo may be the only team that gets even worse officiating than we do (which kinda makes sense if you want to be very cynical about it). We got away with a few things out there today.

- Why did Gryba ice the puck near the end of the game there?

- Our veterans have stepped up big time the last few games. Alfie's dynamite. Gonchar's been a complete player. Neil is amazing. Other than today's game, Phillips has been very solid lately.

- Just the fact that Kassian was dressed meant that Neil didn't have to worry about Ott. We seemed to play more physical in general (e.g. hits by Greening, Phillips), again maybe because Kassian was there just in case.

- is it just me or these sticks always seem to break at the worst time? Is it just some observer bias or could there be an objective reason for this, i.e. the kind of shot that is taken in those circumstances?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Who to take for.... WPG or Tor? The best for Ott is if Tor wins since they would still be 1 point behind and we would have a game in hand. If we beat WPG in reg tomorrow then we'd go up 6 points on them and still be 3 points up on Tor even up in games after 29.
As long as it's not a 3-pt game I'm happy.

Fitch89

Sep 11, 2011
I want Winnipeg to win, because seeing the Leafs miss the playoffs again would be hilarious

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Condra found a bunch of new sticks in the garbage and has been using them this year. What he doesn't know is that they are EK's infamous trick breakaway sticks from last year.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Senators take the game 4-3 in Overtime over the Sabres, finally on the winning end of things in the extra-frame. Turrey was key in this game scoring a pair of goals, including the Game-winner. Gonchar had a pair of assists and Patty Wiercioch keeps up his stellar 1st year play with a goal and assist. Great job boys!

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
He's not here to play hockey, he's here to kick the **** out of Steve Ott or any other wanna-be tough guy who thinks he can take royalties with our players.

Kassian playing less than 5 minutes of icetime and getting in a fight means we don't lose Neil for over 5 minutes because he decided to fight a Colten Orr or a Frazer McLaren.

He's valuable as a deterrent, not as a hockey player.

He might be valuable as a player in some capacity too if used properly. We saw a bit of it today, he can throw a hit. The blown coverage on the 1st goal is something Maclean/Reeds/Cameron can fix if Kassian is keen. I don't expect him to be a 12 minute guy but if he can give us 6-7 minutes, fight and put some guys on their ***** during a forechecking sequence, he'll be useful.

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
I am absolutely stunned by the amazing fortitue of this team.
All you nay sayers go away.
I am soooo happy :)

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
I am old enought to be the grandfather of all of you here,
and all I will say, i have never ever seen a hockey team do what this team has done
this year

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He might be valuable as a player in some capacity too if used properly. We saw a bit of it today, he can throw a hit. The blown coverage on the 1st goal is something Maclean/Reeds/Cameron can fix if Kassian is keen. I don't expect him to be a 12 minute guy but if he can give us 6-7 minutes, fight and put some guys on their ***** during a forechecking sequence, he'll be useful.

I agree he can be molded into a decent 4th liner, but if he sits on the bench in favour of Condra, Greening, Neil or O'Brien getting more icetime, that isn't exactly a bad thing. Less minutes for Regin and Daugavins and more for those players only helps the team.

Last edited:

WhiteLight*

Senators take the game 4-3 in Overtime over the Sabres, finally on the winning end of things in the extra-frame. Turrey was key in this game scoring a pair of goals, including the Game-winner. Gonchar had a pair of assists and Patty Wiercioch keeps up his stellar 1st year play with a goal and assist.

You should be on sportscentre or something

I am absolutely stunned by the amazing fortitue of this team.
All you nay sayers go away.
I am soooo happy :)

agreed, but this one was against the Sabres. Who are very awful. I am stunned by how horrible they are. I wouldn't get too excited by this one.

source

Jul 13, 2008
But when Michalek and Spezza are back :

Latendresse-Spezza-Michalek
Zibanejad-Turris-Alfredsson
Greening-Smith-Silfverberg
Condra/Regin-O'Brien-Neil
Kassian/Daug

I would do this come playoff time IF Latendresse can become an intense player. I think he will get better, but right now the conditioning/intensity/sharpness is not there.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
The shot by Turris in OT was sick. The velocity and accuracy reminded me of the OT goal that he burned through Lundqvist in the playoffs last year.

Now my dream day will be complete if the Jets blow the Laffs out of the water on HNIC, and if NJ loses.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Great stuff CBC and Leafs introduce the whole Canadian Army. Make it a very long night for WPG so they are useless tomorrow against us.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Great stuff CBC and Leafs introduce the whole Canadian Army. Make it a very long night for WPG so they are useless tomorrow against us.
I know a three point game isn't good for us, but hopefully there go to a 300 round shootout so Winnipeg gets into town at 10am in the morning for the game tomorrow. :D

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I thought it was Lats best game as a sen.

He may be slow, but that actually works in his favor sometimes haha. On 3 on 2's hes always the high guy and gets a solid shot off.

His speed doesnt hurt defensively, hes a beast in the corners / in front of the net, and is just always right in the high traffic scoring areas at the right time.

In OT whn he was in front of the net he almost buried that rebound and stole Turris's thunder.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I thought it was Lats best game as a sen.

He may be slow, but that actually works in his favor sometimes haha. On 3 on 2's hes always the high guy and gets a solid shot off.

His speed doesnt hurt defensively, hes a beast in the corners / in front of the net, and is just always right in the high traffic scoring areas at the right time.

In OT whn he was in front of the net he almost buried that rebound and stole Turris's thunder.

He's a smart player, got enough sense to never be in a bad position/get burned for lack of speed. The timing is everything with him, but he keeps hitting it. I think he's got that sense to sniff out goals.

But I still think HF should pitch in on a personal skating coach for him. If we all chipped in 5 bucks maybe we could scrounge together 1 session for the guy.

Patvolcom65

@Patvolcom65
Jul 4, 2011
New-Brunswick
Well, the NHL.com post game review thing says Patty is a forward...

With his stats, that's almost believable...

Karlsson syndrome :sarcasm:

72355_10151471537279477_1260327955_n.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad