GDT: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres | 3:00 PM - SNET-E

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
I still don't know if Kassian will be here long term, wouldn't be surprised at all if he is only an experiment!

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I still don't know if Kassian will be here long term, wouldn't be surprised at all if he is only an experiment!

You don't give up a valuable 6th round pick for an experiment. Besides he's signed for next year.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
iKekjxD.jpg

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Anyone hear an update on Andy lately? I thought he was only going to be out for a few games but it seems like it's been forever. Not that he needs to be rushed back, Bishop and Lehner has been doing their jobs...just wondering what's going on with him.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Anyone hear an update on Andy lately? I thought he was only going to be out for a few games but it seems like it's been forever. Not that he needs to be rushed back, Bishop and Lehner has been doing their jobs...just wondering what's going on with him.

Sounds like a high ankle sprain. He could probably come and play in the next week or two but he'll never get back to 100% this year. Those injuries just linger.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'm soooo happy for Turris! Scored when we needed it the most. :handclap:

The Alfie, Turris, Lats line was great all game.

Latendresse-Turris-Alfredsson
Zibanejad-Regin-Silfverberg
Greening-Smith-Condra
Kassian/Daug-O'Brien-Neil

But when Michalek and Spezza are back :

Latendresse-Spezza-Michalek
Zibanejad-Turris-Alfredsson
Greening-Smith-Silfverberg
Condra/Regin-O'Brien-Neil
Kassian/Daug

Does anyone know why Alfie and Gonchar switched so neither could one time it? It worked though.

Maybe part of the strat, wanted to confuse Buffalo

BBBFF strike again.

This. 3 goals, 2 assists, both stars of the game (should have been 1st and 2nd though)

NHL.com has Stafford as 1st star over Turris lawlz

You don't give up a valuable 6th round pick for an experiment. Besides he's signed for next year.

I'm guessing it's sarcasm?

A 6th has very little value around the league. Normally, it's like Brad Peltz or Jordan Fransoo value, not Mark Stone or Mikael Vickstrand. It only has some value on this board because how Murray has been able to change crap into gold several times.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

I read that he could play right now taped if needed, but management sees no point in rushing him given the play of Lehner and Bishop. Does not appear to be high sprain as someone suggested earlier...

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Wow. What a shot!

I love this team. Last year's team was perhaps my favourite iteration b/c they were just so damn scrappy... but I may love this pesky Sens team even more. So fun to root for a team that plays like this.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Kassian with very little ice time. Wowza. He didn't even play in the third.

But he was there in the last minute of the second after the Neil fight. I think that was an important shift.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
The perfect result? Ottawa grabs two points and lets the Sabres move up out of the basement by a point. I'd prefer to not have two teams in our division picking in the top 3.

Right now we could see:

Florida - Jones
Tampa - MacKinnon
Buffalo - Drouin

No thanks.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
The perfect result? Ottawa grabs two points and lets the Sabres move up out of the basement by a point. I'd prefer to not have two teams in our division picking in the top 3.

Right now we could see:

Florida - Jones
Tampa - MacKinnon
Buffalo - Drouin

No thanks.

Good point. MacLean probably told Smith that on the last Sabre goal. Paulrus sees all the angles. :sarcasm:

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Originally Posted by Tundraman

I'm guessing it's sarcasm?

A 6th has very little value around the league. Normally, it's like Brad Peltz or Jordan Fransoo value, not Mark Stone or Mikael Vickstrand. It only has some value on this board because how Murray has been able to change crap into gold several times.

Yup. :) I was kidding... poking gentle fun at those who think trading a 6th for a player that BM feels they need is a bad move.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Anyone find it funny that they show the Ottawa highlights and just barely brush over Turris' filthy goal. Come on man -- that shot was highlight worthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->