Ottawa Senators 2015 NHL Draft Preview

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
andreas_englund_ottawa_062814.jpg
Photo: Though the Senators did not have a 1st round choice in 2014, they were pleased to steal stay-at-home defenceman Andreas Englund from*the 2nd round (40th overall). (Courtesy of Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

</p> The Ottawa Senators have a knack for nabbing top-tier players outside of the top 10 at the NHL draft. This year, they will*need it—the team does not pick until the 18th spot. Luckily, this year’s glut of earnest youngsters runs deep.

Back in mid-February, pundits would have chuckled at the thought that the Senators could pick as late as 18th. 10 points out of a playoff spot during a dismal campaign that cost former Coach of the Year Paul MacLean his job, it looked like the only thing the Senators would compete at with any vigour for the rest of the season was the draft lottery.… read more

The post Ottawa Senators 2015 NHL Draft Preview appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Small quibble:
Then Robin Lehner and Craig Anderson both went down to injury, the latter for the remainder of the season
The latter should read the former

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He said Bittner .... :laugh: I'd be fine with White too but I'm also hoping for Harkins to fall to us. I like all three.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Kind of wierd he said the sens would like bittner but didn't take him in the staff mock draft when he was avaliable.

I'm still hoping one of the mid round guys drops to us. Preferably zboril.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad