OT: Ottawa REDBLACKS 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Rare little Sunday night CFL treat, mid-summer, tonight.

I don't know why, but I think Saskatchewan keeps it close. F**k it: I'm calling the Riders hand the Stamps their first loss of 2018.

25-22 SSK.

As you can tell, Friday night still has me feelin' all :cool:.

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Rare little Sunday night CFL treat, mid-summer, tonight.

I don't know why, but I think Saskatchewan keeps it close. F**k it: I'm calling the Riders hand the Stamps their first loss of 2018.

25-22 SSK.

As you can tell, Friday night still has me feelin' all :cool:.

Good call! :thumbu:

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
A bit late....

WEEK 11

Thu: EDM (6-3) @ HAM (3-5)
Fri: TOR (3-5) @ MTL (1-8)
Sat: WPG (5-4) @ CGY (7-1)
Sat: SSK (4-4) @ B.C. (3-5)

BYE: OTT (6-3)

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Edmonton has to be one of the least disciplined teams I've ever seen and I'm including the 2015 REDBLACKS in there. Ironically, Maas was our OC at the time.

With Reilly, Walker and Williams on offence, they should be better. They handed Hamilton a win last night.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Oskee wewe!

Oh no. Don't tell me....;)

No Duron Carter for leg 1 of the Battle of the QEW this weekend. His presence should spice up the East a bit, hopefully to the detriment of his new team. Should be a fun weekend of football - Labour Day Weekend!

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
WEEK 12

Fri: MTL (2-8) @ OTT (6-3)
Sun: WPG (5-5) @ SSK (5-4)
Mon: EDM (6-4) @ CGY (8-1)
Mon: TOR (3-6) @ HAM (4-5)

BYE: B.C. (3-6)

--------

East Division Race:

1. Ottawa (6-3): vs MTL, @ B.C., @ SSK, vs EDM, BYE, vs WPG, @ EDM, vs HAM, @ HAM, vs TOR
2. Hamilton (4-5): vs TOR, @ TOR, vs CGY, @ B.C., vs B.C., BYE, @ TOR, @ OTT, vs OTT, vs MTL
C. Winnipeg: (5-5)
--------
3. Toronto (3-6): @ HAM, vs HAM, BYE, vs SSK, @ CGY, @ B.C., vs HAM, vs MTL, @ MTL, @ OTT
4. Montreal: (2-8) @ OTT, BYE, vs B.C., @ WPG, vs SSK, vs CGY, BYE, @ TOR, vs TOR, @ HAM

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Got an e-mail from the “newly appointed Director of Ticket Sales & Service for the Ottawa Sports & Entertainment Group” this morning. Does anybody know the name Chris Atack?

The reason I ask is that in the e-mail (general introduction to REDBLACKS STHs), he introduced himself as having “joined OSEG on June 1, 2018 after leaving Senators Sports & Entertainment following a 15 year career in various organizational capacities (including Director of Season-Seat Membership, Group Sales, and Corporate Partnerships).”

Was he turfed from the Sens, or did he leave?

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
No idea if he left or was canned but he was a decent resource for me when I had season tickets with Senators.

He was with them a long time...would seem like a step down to me going from NHL to CFL but then again Kanata seems like a madhouse right now too.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
No idea if he left or was canned but he was a decent resource for me when I had season tickets with Senators.

He was with them a long time...would seem like a step down to me going from NHL to CFL but then again Kanata seems like a madhouse right now too.

Very true.

If you take him at his word, "leaving" implies a voluntary change of employment. Then again, that's pretty common, political-type wording that could mean either/or....

Whether he quit or was canned, he's in a healthier spot ATM. Maybe OSEG saw a diamond getting covered in ash and soot and made him an offer to switch? Good to know you had good experiences with him.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Harris can be so frustrating to watch at times he's so hot and cold. The play calling isn't very good either. What a way to waste an interception and miss a chance at a field goal!

btw) Spencer sucks catching the long ball they need someone else to run the deep plays!

Reactions: Al14

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Harris can be so frustrating to watch at times he's so hot and cold. The play calling isn't very good either. What a way to waste an interception and miss a chance at a field goal!

btw) Spencer sucks catching the long ball they need someone else to run the deep plays!

I agree on all points.

Let's hope the 2nd half is better for our RedBlacks.

Update: Nope, RedBlacks look like they're the last place team in the east! Dreadful football all around.

Last edited:

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Was it really that clear to overturn the touchdown.

Toronto reviewers are always looking really hard to slow down the RBs. Maybe its time to put the reviewers in Ottawa for a change.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Dreadful play calling on the 3 yard line! Poor execution on the plays to boot.

Is the fix on for Montreal to win? RedBlacks look pathetic on O and on D!

Harris stinks once again.

Last edited:

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Is Campbell nuts on 3rd down why not take the FG and make it a 7 point game with 2 minutes left. At least they had the chance at a minute or so to try for the tie if their defense held!

And... for gs... 1st down on the 3 yard line and they have no good off tackle running plays or sweeps they could run? Ridiculous!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Is Campbell nuts on 3rd down why not take the FG and make it a 7 point game with 2 minutes left. At least they had the chance at a minute or so to try for the tie if their defense held!

And... for gs... 1st down on the 3 yard line and they have no good off tackle running plays or sweeps they could run? Ridiculous!

Ridiculous is an understatement! A mobile QB should also be able to score to the wide side of the end zone too.

Montreal is going to the Grey Cup! :sarcasm:

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Yeah it looks like bad Trevor was back last night. Hopefully the bye week and recent success didnt get to their heads. Harris and the promising receiving corps werent lighting it up like in recent games. Snap out of it. Pipkin with a fairly impressive debut. Wonder if he can go all Masoli on Manziel again.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
Harris is so inconsistent. I don’t see why some people think he’s so good. Sure he puts up big yards once in a while, but even in those games he rarely puts up more than 2 TDs throwing the ball and for every 2 good games he has, the third game is trash. He definitely does not belong among the top QBs in the CFL. He’s VERY middle tier

Reactions: Al14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->