OT: Ottawa REDBLACKS 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Rhymes had a good showing, adding to a pretty solid receiver core of Ellingson, Sinopoli, and Spencer, dropped balls notwithstanding. With Powell and two solid kickers, Harris has some good point getting assets to use. Still something there making me hold back total support for Harris yet, like with the team, but he does have some good strengths, like with the team.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Johnny Football had a pretty decent game last night, didn't embarrass himself anyway.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Johnny Football had a pretty decent game last night, didn't embarrass himself anyway.

He probably should have had 200+ yards if not for some dropped passes.

He’s got a lot of talent, that is very evident. A little rusty, probably. I think closer towards the end of the year we should see the true Johnny Football.

Reactions: aragorn

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Man, do the REDBLACKS ever make things harder than they need to be most of the time. Win's a win, I suppose.

I think Montreal may be too little, too late for this season, but Manziel can succeed in the league. We'll see how long his new-found maturity lasts, but he wasn't terrible. For their sake (and our sake), I hope Carter ends up in a place like Toronto and not Montreal, where he can sabotage a team with an outside chance of challenging in the East ;).

I'm a believer in sports when they say you are what your record is....and a 5-3 team isn't bad. We've won a few lucky ones, we've lost one we shouldn't have, so all-in-all 5-3 is probably accurate. That said, this week is a measuring stick game; for Winnipeg, too. Probably our first true one since Calgary, so let's hope for better things this week.

Last edited:

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
WEEK 10:

Fri: OTT (5-3) @ WPG (5-3)
Sat: B.C. (3-4) @ TOR (2-5)
Sat: MTL (1-7) @ EDM (5-3)
Sun: CGY (7-0) @ SSK (3-4)

BYE: HAM (3-5)

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I really hope a strike/lockout doesn't happen in the CFL over the next CBA. I think it would kill the league seeing as there are so many other options to play football in North America. Alliance football league and the XFL could really hurt the CFL.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Well this bombers game is going to be a real test. Cant say im too optimistic. Come on Redblacks, hope you can rise to the challenge

Reactions: bert

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Impressive 1st half, some clutch plays to move the chains. Trevor Harris with some impressive stats again. Redblacks definitely not looking outclassed so far as i was fearing.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Should have been a fumble on the TD drive. However that said it looked like they called a catch for no gain. Campbell challenged and the refs reversed the call and said it was an incomplete pass. Why then did they announce that Ottawa lost their timeout. It may not have been Ottawa ball according to Toronto (highly weird that these TO calls seem to always favor the other team when it's Ottawa) but if the refs reversed the call then they were wrong and the RBs should not lose their timeout. Possibly that should have been put to an automatic review anyway. CFL hurting themselves.

Last edited:

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Wow impressive. Bombers o line giving such great protection early but the team killed themselves with some critical penalties. But still, Redblacks good on both sides of the ball.

4 two pt conversions! When the Bombers went for a regular convert the announcers were saying they have such a great kicker so they dont risk it. And i was thinking, wait, we have Ward setting the record for consecutive field goals by a rookie. But then when the game was out of hand, Ward came in to kick a single point convert and missed it. Weird.

Nice way to go into a bye week. Maybe we got something here.

Reactions: bert and Al14

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Much better execution on both sides of the ball.

Better play calling on O, better D too.

Trevor Harris was full value tonight as well.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Wow impressive. Bombers o line giving such great protection early but the team killed themselves with some critical penalties. But still, Redblacks good on both sides of the ball.

4 two pt conversions! When the Bombers went for a regular convert the announcers were saying they have such a great kicker so they dont risk it. And i was thinking, wait, we have Ward setting the record for consecutive field goals by a rookie. But then when the game was out of hand, Ward came in to kick a single point convert and missed it. Weird.

Nice way to go into a bye week. Maybe we got something here.

The Bombers really shot themselves in the foot with the penalties. So many unnecessary ones. Used to be on the other side of those.

Redblacks are 6-3, with two of the losses coming against an undefeated powerhouse. And the other coming in a game we dominated but went into full coast mode.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Fantastic performance by the RB's. Should be 7-2, but I'll take 6-3 if they have learned the lesson and close games out like last night.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Best game ive ever seen the redblacks play from start to finish on the road against a very good team.

Was really fun to watch. Dominik Rhymes is Busta Rhymes nephew? Did i hear that correctly?

Buster Rhymes, a former football player. But Busta got his inspiration from the name.

I think they mixed it up at one point because I heard that, too (although Busta and Buster are very alike lol)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Buster Rhymes, a former football player. But Busta got his inspiration from the name.

I think they mixed it up at one point because I heard that, too (although Busta and Buster are very alike lol)
Ahhh shoot I told EVERYONE it was busta not buster baha. Thanks for clarifying.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Should have been a fumble on the TD drive. However that said it looked like they called a catch for no gain. Campbell challenged and the refs reversed the call and said it was an incomplete pass. Why then did they announce that Ottawa lost their timeout. It may not have been Ottawa ball according to Toronto (highly weird that these TO calls seem to always favor the other team when it's Ottawa) but if the refs reversed the call then they were wrong and the RBs should not lose their timeout. Possibly that should have been put to an automatic review anyway. CFL hurting themselves.

Agreed that the wrong call was as made, but in the CFL you get one challenge per game, period. Whether it is successful or not, you get one.

To be honest, even if they retained their timeout on right challenges, they may have still lost it in this instance: they challenged reception, fumble, change of possession. The call after review was incomplete pass. So even though the call was changed as the whole play is subject to review in a challenge, what the REDBLACKS challenged specifically wasn't correct (even though we both agree it was wrong).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad