OT: Ottawa REDBLACKS 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
F**k I'd love for the REDBLACKS to make a statement tonight against these guys.

Ellingson vs Carter should be a fun match up head-to-head. Look out for Powell tonight though, I think. Much is made about the pass attack, meanwhile we have one of the best backs in the league right now who I feel is overlooked because of injuries last season.

I'm a huge fan of Powell...when he plays. Seeing him first play in 2015, you could see a lot of talent and potential.

However, I'd hold off calling him one of the best backs in the league because of his injury problems. He's only played in 12 of the 36 games the past two seasons.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ton of fun last night.

Great franchise! Melnyk take notes...

I was at the game last night, wow what a time. Perfect night for football in the capital, the building was literally bursting. Its a great reminder of what a great sports town this is when an organization is run correctly. Were not bad fans, were educated fans. This educated fan bought season tickets because I believe in the product and direction of the organization.

What a performance, the D was noticeably better by a long shot. The take away oriented, pressure D was in full force last night and what a treat to watch.

Offense was clicking, I thought Harris was on the money and wow if Powell can stay healthy look out. Ellingson is money in the bank.

My favorite part of the night was a group of fans that would scream. 'NOT ON BANK STREET' every time there was a big stop haha.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I loved the 'CARTER' catcalls. They came out so clearly on the broadcast.

What a great game. Screw the fake Riders forever. Offence tough. Defence tough. Special teams tough. Next game. Bring on Calgary. We tough!

Reactions: draftlottery

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I was at the game last night, wow what a time. Perfect night for football in the capital, the building was literally bursting. Its a great reminder of what a great sports town this is when an organization is run correctly. Were not bad fans, were educated fans. This educated fan bought season tickets because I believe in the product and direction of the organization.

What a performance, the D was noticeably better by a long shot. The take away oriented, pressure D was in full force last night and what a treat to watch.

Offense was clicking, I thought Harris was on the money and wow if Powell can stay healthy look out. Ellingson is money in the bank.

My favorite part of the night was a group of fans that would scream. 'NOT ON BANK STREET' every time there was a big stop haha.

Well said. I spent the money I would normally spend on the Sens and purchased season tickets for the RedBlacks and it felt great to support such a well run and professional organization.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
So much awesomeness last night.

Wisely, I booked today off (definitely needed after last night). Haven't been that amped up for something Ottawa sports related in quite some time.

-> If Powell stays healthy, this offence has the potential to be dominant. Not to get too far ahead after one game, but there are so many weapons at WR and on the outside in general, I'm not sure how an opponent can load up out there with numbers and then contain Powell. He was breaking ankles last night. As an aside, brilliant game plan to have Harris rolling out and using his legs more than I've seem him do in a single game. Basically neutralized a good SSK pass rush.

-> Collaros was absolutely blown up last night. It seemed like every play there was pressure coming from somewhere else, delayed pressure....that's basically what I expected from Thorpe's D. Ferocious last night.

-> Field position is so important in the CFL. To have a guy like Leone who can punt for 50-60 yards at any given time is the equivalent to having a successful power play in hockey; it just puts you in the driver's seat more often.

-> Seeing Carter get burned and rattled so often was awesome (I'm sure for the 7 other fan bases, too lol)

Just a beautiful night and atmosphere last night. Not to give Hunt too much credit (the fans have always been here football-wise), but I hope he surfaces with a new Sens ownership group, whenever that materializes, in a president role or something front-facing. In terms of any of that, he's like the anti-Melnyk. The operation they run on Bank Street is A1.

Pumped for tonight. Double header of CFL games and the NHL draft.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Montreal is getting absolutely routed by Winnipeg, 49-10. Can't believe a writer had them as the Grey Cup pick and not one had Ottawa.

Just a beautiful night and atmosphere last night. Not to give Hunt too much credit (the fans have always been here football-wise), but I hope he surfaces with a new Sens ownership group, whenever that materializes, in a president role or something front-facing. In terms of any of that, he's like the anti-Melnyk. The operation they run on Bank Street is A1.

Absolutely. If I'm buying the Sens, I'm letting Jeff Hunt cut a piece of the pie. Proven success in this market.

Reactions: draftlottery

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Well, Ricky Ray got injured last night. Looked really bad but could have been worse.

Certainly a boost to the Redblacks hopes in the East

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Montreal is getting absolutely routed by Winnipeg, 49-10. Can't believe a writer had them as the Grey Cup pick and not one had Ottawa.

Absolutely. If I'm buying the Sens, I'm letting Jeff Hunt cut a piece of the pie. Proven success in this market.
Would you have put Ottawa in the Grey Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad