OT: Ottawa REDBLACKS 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
How about those Ti-Cats? They did great to let the buildup of Johnny Football reach a fever & traded him at the perfect time cashing in on the hype. I'll be surprised if Manziel ever becomes anything of substance in the CFL. Another example of a lot of hype circling a player & the player unable to live up to the hype.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
How about those Ti-Cats? They did great to let the buildup of Johnny Football reach a fever & traded him at the perfect time cashing in on the hype. I'll be surprised if Manziel ever becomes anything of substance in the CFL. Another example of a lot of hype circling a player & the player unable to live up to the hype.

Although I think it’s way too early to write off Manziel, the Ti Cats did really well with how they handled the situation.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Thus far, RedBlacks bringing their incompetence act to the game, as per usual!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I can't believe we're trailing these clowns. Pathetic.

After last week, and early in this one, our team looks to be more clown like!

Hamilton whipped them good, our team, not looking like their even interested in playing, never mind winning!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Pathetic first half!

RedBlacks need a new QB and Offensive coordinator!

Head coach is suspect too!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
It is so hard to watch the CFL. This is terrible football.

The RedBlacks specialize in terrible football! They seem to play down to opponents while also not being able to play up to good teams like Calgary.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I really hope the players union doesn't go on strike because that will kill the CFL. There is going to be way too much competition from leagues in the states for the CFL to compete for talent.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Pathetic first half!

RedBlacks need a new QB and Offensive coordinator!

Head coach is suspect too!

I understand Redblacks fans are unfairly hard on our QBs, but I’m just curious if you aren’t happy with Harris’ performance tonight?

I mean, 80% passing completions for 485 yards is pretty damn good.

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Well, they won the game! However, they need to be much, much, much better! Much better from START to FINISH!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I understand Redblacks fans are unfairly hard on our QBs, but I’m just curious if you aren’t happy with Harris’ performance tonight?

Sure, he was decent, but, not the entire game. He was not good enough in the 1st half.

In the CFL I think you need to have a mobile QB. Harris is not mobile enough IMHO.

I'm not confident that Harris will be consistent enough to win a Grey Cup game either. Part of the problem with Harris might be the offensive coordinator too. Play calling sometimes makes the QB look weak.

Prove me wrong Harris!

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Sure, he was decent, but, not the entire game. He was not good enough in the 1st half.

In the CFL I think you need to have a mobile QB. Harris is not mobile enough IMHO.

I'm not confident that Harris will be consistent enough to win a Grey Cup game either.

Prove me wrong Harris!

“He was decent” - exactly proves my point re: Ottawa fans being too hard on QBs. The guy almost threw 500 yards (and would have if the receivers didn’t have greasy fingers tonight).

And, just a friendly reminder, Ottawa fans put all the blame on Burris in 2016 (wanted Harris over him) and said he wouldn’t win a Grey Cup for this team. Almost everyone turned on Hank.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
“He was decent” - exactly proves my point re: Ottawa fans being too hard on QBs. The guy almost threw 500 yards (and would have if the receivers didn’t have greasy fingers tonight).

And, just a friendly reminder, Ottawa fans put all the blame on Burris in 2016 (wanted Harris over him) and said he wouldn’t win a Grey Cup for this team. Almost everyone turned on Hank.

You are right. I didn't think Burris could win anything either. He proved us all wrong. I hope Harris can do the same!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

In all fairness Burris did look pretty bad at for most of the season. He caught just enough fire in the playoffs though. I couldn't see him following it up for the next season. We won the east with a losing record.

Reactions: Al14

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
In all fairness Burris did look pretty bad at for most of the season. He caught just enough fire in the playoffs though. I couldn't see him following it up for the next season. We won the east with a losing record.

I can see our RedBlacks winning the east with a losing record this year. I think we lose big against Calgary if we meet them in the Grey Cup this time.

Again, I'd love for Harris to prove me wrong!

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014

And the fact that he can put up those numbers while the offence only puts 24 points on the board is what scares me. Guy drives the field and then can never finish in the red zone

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
And the fact that he can put up those numbers while the offence only puts 24 points on the board is what scares me. Guy drives the field and then can never finish in the red zone

The receivers dropped some balls, fumbled some balls, and choke away easy TDs. Harris deserves some of the blame, sure. But if the receivers catch some of those balls he has one of the best performances in CFL history

Reactions: Bileur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->