OT: Ottawa REDBLACKS 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
askeee wee weee … askee waa waa ..... let's go Tiger-Cats eat em raw …...

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Let's get this pathetic RedBlacks season over! Expecting another loss!

Losing 1-0 without even 1 set of downs played. Wonderful start.

What a disgrace this team is! Fire everyone, hire them back at half price!

Last edited:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Happy to put that disastrous year behind us. Looking forward to a complete overhaul on the offensive side of the football, and bringing in an offensive co-ordinator.

At the end of the day, we were probably due for a season like this. After the first season, the Redblacks pretty much ran the East. Good luck to Hamilton and Montreal who will be representing the East in the playoffs this time around.

Reactions: IamJust0ne

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
What a god damned mess.

Can't imagine we'll get any worse next year. Onward and upward.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That interception to end the game was so appropriate.

That's exactly what I said to the folks in our section. A pick six from a QB not good enough to be playing pro was the perfect metaphor for our season.

I think Desjardins should be fired, but I doubt OSEG wants to pay him out for 2020, so he'll get to survive. I have zero confidence in his ability to rebuild after this tire fire, but he'll be the guy.

My theory, FWIW, is that OSEG started believing their own spin. They believed that the success of the team was due to their "culture" and "system", and therefore they could just plug new guys in and keep going. It's clear that the organization places a huge premium on character and culture, which is great except when it starts costing you large swaths of talent. This is pro sports, and at the end of the day you need talent to compete. Campbell kept talking about great Dom Davis was in terms of his "demeanor", how great the character of the room was, etc. That's lovely, coach, except for that pesky 3-15 record.

Going forward, I think there needs to be a little less emphasis on finding nice guys, and a little more emphasis on finding guys who can ball out. The old Oakland Raiders were made up of a bunch of nasty @#$#s who fought with each other routinely, then went out and knocked the snot out of their opponents - IMO the REDBLACKS were desperately short of that kind of attitude and swagger this year...

Reactions: IamJust0ne

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
So HC, OC and QB in one off season. That’s huge. Certainly defines the new look the team will have next year. really hope they don’t recycle other teams castoffs

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Bad, bad look for OSEG. They made the wrong choice here. Dont think I'll be renewing my STs if theyre going to continue this clownshow.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Smart decision by him. He'll be able to find another job in football instead of damaging his record next year due to management/ownership.

MikeC62

Aug 31, 2018
He said it was his decision. I would really like to know, but we never will, whether he jumped or was pushed. Because even if he was pushed, he will never toss his GM under the bus, for fear of no other organization trusting him.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Campbell won't be out of work for long. Most people think it's a done deal that he is heading back to Edmonton, although BC may bid hard for him now as well. In hindsight, it was probably time for a change for both him and the team. Six years is a good run with any one team these days...

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
...and Trevor Harris goes an astounding 36 for 39 passing in the Eskimos' playoff game yesterday, setting a new CFL completion percentage record in the process. As if Marcel Desjardins didn't look like enough of a donkey already...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
...and Trevor Harris goes an astounding 36 for 39 passing in the Eskimos' playoff game yesterday, setting a new CFL completion percentage record in the process. As if Marcel Desjardins didn't look like enough of a donkey already...
and lost the game .... askeeweewee the Tiger-Cats ate them raw!

Now to win a Grey Cup in Calgary tomorrow & beat those Bombers.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
and lost the game .... askeeweewee the Tiger-Cats ate them raw!

Now to win a Grey Cup in Calgary tomorrow & beat those Bombers.

Yep, although I wouldn't pin that loss on Harris - player for player, Hamilton was much stronger and deeper than Edmonton. Harris's stats for last week's game were actually pretty decent, but Edmonton's D just couldn't get a stop when they needed one.

I think Hamilton wins pretty comfortably tomorrow - that's a balanced, very well coached team that was 15-3 for a reason...

Reactions: aragorn

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
...and this is why you don't bet big money on sports, kids. Winnipeg was clearly the hungrier, more prepared team. Hamilton looked like a team that had already started designing their rings.

Football games are won and lost on the line, and Winnipeg's D line had a monster game. They ate the Hamilton O line's lunch all game long...

Reactions: aragorn

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Pathetic display from Hamilton. At least when the 15-3 Stamps lost to us, it was a super close game that could have gone either way.

Extremely happy Simoni doesn’t get a ring, though.

Reactions: Larionov

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Winn came to play & Hamilton didn't look ready for whatever reason, full marks to Winn for playing a great game. Too bad, Hamilton may have had their best season in their history but that didn't matter yesterday. Congtats on winning the Grey Cup.

It reminded me a little bit of the yr the Patriots were undefeated going into the Super Bowl & lost to the NY Giants.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Dave Naylor of TSN is reporting that the REDBLACKS are hiring Bombers OC Paul Lapolice as Head Coach. This is a really solid hire, as Lapo was easily the best candidate available IMO. He can be his own OC, and will likely bring with him one of the Winnipeg QBs hitting free agency. This should restore some fan confidence - it certainly does for me...

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Dave Naylor of TSN is reporting that the REDBLACKS are hiring Bombers OC Paul Lapolice as Head Coach. This is a really solid hire, as Lapo was easily the best candidate available IMO. He can be his own OC, and will likely bring with him one of the Winnipeg QBs hitting free agency. This should restore some fan confidence - it certainly does for me...

Yup, pretty happy with this hire. I’m so happy it wasn’t Maas, as much as I loved him as our OC.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Redblacks acquired Arbuckle. What's the scoop on him? Haven't seen him play much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad