OT: Ottawa REDBLACKS 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Probably not, but would I put them in the Grey Cup over Montreal/BC/Hamilton? Absolutely.

I thought that was odd, too. And agreed fully: I don’t think it’s crazy to predict the REDBLACKS go to the Grey Cup game. I don’t think it’s far fetched. Basically a whole season and lots can happen, but a bit surprising that not one person thought it prediction-worthy. No matter.

WEEK 3:

Thu: OTT (1-0) @ CGY (2-0)
Fri: WPG (1-1) @ HAM (1-1)
Fri: BC (1-0) @ EDM (1-1)
Sat: MTL (0-2) @ SSK (1-1)

Bye: TOR (0-2)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Horrible news for the CFL and the Argos, but I hope his recovery is smooth and he's able to live a fulfilling post-football life (assuming, of course, this is the end of the line. But stranger things have happened.)

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Horrible news for the CFL and the Argos, but I hope his recovery is smooth and he's able to live a fulfilling post-football life (assuming, of course, this is the end of the line. But stranger things have happened.)

Obviously he has sustained some significant damage to his neck if the doctors are making this recommendation. This validates Henry Turris's decision to go out on top in 2016 - in hindsight, it would have been smart for Ricky Ray to have done the same...

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
REDBLACKS lose 24-14. Up against a great team, but a really disappointing loss. Got stopped on the goal line twice in a row, to go along with tons of drops by the receivers and sone bad plays by Harris. Probably could have won that game.

Reactions: draftlottery

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Meh. There were would-haves, could-haves and should-haves last night, but at the end of the day no team deserves to win with that type of effort. Calgary's D was on last night, so was ours. The difference was Bo being Bo in June and coming through in the second half. Collectively, our offence never woke up. Outside of Powell, it wasn't pretty.

No matter. 1-1 out of the gate vs Saskatchewan and Calgary isn't bad. Any given Friday and all that jazz, but next week is a must-have in Montreal, followed by back-to-back home games vs Calgary and BC, so good opportunity to rebound through July.

I'm hopping on the RNATION bus to MTL next Friday for the game. Anyone making the trip?

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Harris was brutal - plain and simple.

Multiple wide open receivers for medium and big gains and he missed them by a mile.

Momentum swung big-time with the missed QB sneak for a TD as Calgary quickly moved the ball and regained field position before scoring their next TD.

D was awesome and hopefully those injuries aren't too bad...dropped like flies all game! WP is a stud and his back-side cuts are amazing right now - we need to ride him even more when Harris is so off.

Still, looks like it is going to be a very exciting year!

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Kyries Hebert suspended only one game. Once again, the CFL shows how awful their disciplinary action is. The guy has a history of awful hits. He pretty much ended Cornish's career, and yet, that's the best they could give the guy?

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
This thread is my happy place on HF Sens lol....

Week 3 in the books. Still a bit early for any fan base to get too high or too low. From a REDBLACKS perspective, however disappointing Thursday's game was, I'll take 1-1 opening vs SSK and CGY and move forward. Like I previously said, I feel we can make some hay in July with the Als on Friday and consecutive home games after that. Across the East, a nice win by the Als at Mosaic Saturday night, but I wonder how much of that had to do with the current on field state of Saskatchewan. The Franklin era begins in Toronto, which should be interesting. Hamilton has impressed out of the gate. Masoli looks like he's taking the Johnny Football pressure and swimming instead of sinking. Again, all early so far.

WEEK 4

Thu: HAM (2-1) @ SSK (1-2)
Fri: OTT (1-1) @ MTL (1-2)
Sat: EDM (2-1) @ TOR (0-2)
Sat: BC (1-1) @ WPG (1-2)

Bye: CGY (3-0)

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
This thread is my happy place on HF Sens lol....

Week 3 in the books. Still a bit early for any fan base to get too high or too low. From a REDBLACKS perspective, however disappointing Thursday's game was, I'll take 1-1 opening vs SSK and CGY and move forward. Like I previously said, I feel we can make some hay in July with the Als on Friday and consecutive home games after that. Across the East, a nice win by the Als at Mosaic Saturday night, but I wonder how much of that had to do with the current on field state of Saskatchewan. The Franklin era begins in Toronto, which should be interesting. Hamilton has impressed out of the gate. Masoli looks like he's taking the Johnny Football pressure and swimming instead of sinking. Again, all early so far.

WEEK 4

Thu: HAM (2-1) @ SSK (1-2)
Fri: OTT (1-1) @ MTL (1-2)
Sat: EDM (2-1) @ TOR (0-2)
Sat: BC (1-1) @ WPG (1-2)

Bye: CGY (3-0)

The game in Calgary was disappointing, but not a game I thought the Redblacks were going to take. The Stamps are once again the best team in the league, and it was the game in Calgary. I’m expecting a strong effort and win against Montreal.

Masoli has looked incredible so far this year. Hats off to him.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
2-1 to start the season, nice!

Missed the game unfortunately but have tickets to the 12th against the Stamps. Pumped!

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Went to the game with the girlfriend, brother and some friends in MTL on Friday. RNATION represented quite well. We were sitting with the crazies behind the REDBLACKS bench and we should be proud. We were louder and very prominent in the crowd. No problems at all that I saw. Some chirping at us, but none of it was met with a response from any in our group.

A bit of a let up in the second that was alright in the end due to the calibre of opponent, but it didn't hurt us in the end. Two western opponents coming in for home games here now. Let's goooooo....

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I think the RBs watched too much MTL game film

Lets hope the RBs didn't advance Harris too much money. Man can he suck big time from game to game

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
In preseason they had two guys who returned kickoffs and punts a mile each time and they looked really dangerous on every play yet Campbell gave that job to Spencer. He's not even a particularly good target when running short and intermediate routes and he drops more than his fair share of sure balls. What gives? They can't find anyone else?

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
I really dont like how TSN cuts to that country song before commercials every. single. time.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
That was very, very ugly.

We had, what, one first down in the first half? And not even many after that. One notable drive that ended with a field goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad