OT: Ottawa REDBLACKS 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
The return of the Riders, sigh. Tough time to be an Ottawa sports fan. Lets go 67's. Hopefully they are a smart management team and are just doing things wisely under a salary cap. But the stuff leaking out is not encouraging.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
I was expecting a few players on offence to leave for sure, but not everyone. Wtf is going on here?? Are there some NFL players we plan on signing that nobody knows about? Has Antonio Brown requested a trade to the RedBlacks?

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016

What the hell is going on here?

Probably something like "hey, everybody drives bad in Alberta, so if you've had a few....far less likely to stick out, bro".

League must've told the RedBlacks to ease off the Grey Cup appearances, for the sake of the other eastern franchises.

Reactions: Al14 and bert

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I mean, I believe in the management, but they lost five quality guys and gained...nothing. There’s not even enough talent on the market to replace the missing pieces.

They’re either really, really sold on some of our bench talent (not spending any $$$ is weird, though) or something fishy is going on

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Our season seems to be riding on the Pats getting caught cheating again and they all get suspended for a year.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I mean, I believe in the management, but they lost five quality guys and gained...nothing. There’s not even enough talent on the market to replace the missing pieces.

They’re either really, really sold on some of our bench talent (not spending any $$$ is weird, though) or something fishy is going on

For a fanbase that has sold out almost every single game and generates more revenue than almost every franchise outside of Saskatchewan not spending money to retain the talent when you lose in the championship game is very troubling.

Marcel Desjardins in the brief clips I heard from his press conference seemed very eager to engage almost in a confrontational stance when asked about all the free agents leaving.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Meh this isn't the Sens. The front office has enough credibility that I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Let's see the response over the next few days.
Agreed.

Track record of success vs track record of lies and deception.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
I can’t wait to hear the next man up strategy for this!!!! What a crazy bad day for REDBLACKS fans.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Funnily enough, even this and the REDBLACKS are light years ahead of the Sens for my entertainment dollars at the moment lol

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
I guess it’s Dom Davis at QB now. He’s athletic, but if that’s the plan that’s a huge roll of the proverbial dice.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
CFL is a funny beast.

I’m not convinced today is as bad as it looks at first glance.

I trust our GM to re-stock and our coaching staff to prepare a competitive team.

The east still sucks with the major free agents signing out west, so no reason we can’t compete for a spot in the Gey Cup

Last edited:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I thought Harris was brutal in this years Grey Cup but still, we couldn't top what the Eskimos offered?

That's crazy talk.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
For a fanbase that has sold out almost every single game and generates more revenue than almost every franchise outside of Saskatchewan not spending money to retain the talent when you lose in the championship game is very troubling.

Marcel Desjardins in the brief clips I heard from his press conference seemed very eager to engage almost in a confrontational stance when asked about all the free agents leaving.

I don't think spending is the issue (although, after losing a few of the guys, you never know). I think, perhaps, Harris didn't want to be here for whatever reason. He ended up luring Ellingson away, which probably also helped SVR choose his destination. Perhaps all three of them were not happy with something in Ottawa.

With that being said, no replacements is very sketchy.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Btw, Jennings is looking for a 'significant salary increase' from last years $300k. Harris signed $550k in Edmonton

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
At this point, between who's left (Lulay, Jennings, Bridge, Willy) and Davis, I'd rather go with Davis. I'm not including Ray as I don't think he'd play anywhere but Toronto. I think everyone is assuming the REDBLACKS have an ace up their sleeve, but right now, most of those aces have signed elsewhere lol

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
And a mere few hours later, the REDBLACKS are signing Jennings. Nothing official but imminent per 3down nation....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad