OT: Ottawa REDBLACKS 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Looks like Harris to Edmonton as well as Ellingson and Sir Vincent Rogers.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
The thing is, who do we have to replace him? If we're running with Davis, we're likely wasting a year.

I agree, but you never know. I just don’t see Harris among the league’s best at the position. I’d put him in the middle of the pack. Yes he might have gaudy stats, but the eye test doesn’t match them in my mind, and I still don’t think he’s clutch.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I agree, but you never know. I just don’t see Harris among the league’s best at the position. I’d put him in the middle of the pack. Yes he might have gaudy stats, but the eye test doesn’t match them in my mind, and I still don’t think he’s clutch.

Who is better than him if he is middle of the pack? Rielly? Then who? I dont see anyone, Levi Mitchell is trying for the NFL so i didnt include him.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Powell to the riders. We never even offered him a contract. Wtf are we doing?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I'm not sure if the REDBLACKS are out to lunch, or have a genius plan. This is the same management that has spit out 3GC appearances in our first 5 years. You have to believe they have a plan..

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm not sure if the REDBLACKS are out to lunch, or have a genius plan. This is the same management that has spit out 3GC appearances in our first 5 years. You have to believe they have a plan..
Agreed, however the reason they have had success is by solidifying the QB position. After Harris there are no proven options out there.

Apparently management held Powell out at the end of the year and he didnt hit his bonus's. Hank brought it up and they just mentioned it on tsn 1200.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Agreed, however the reason they have had success is by solidifying the QB position. After Harris there are no proven options out there.

Apparently management held Powell out at the end of the year and he didnt hit his bonus's. Hank brought it up and they just mentioned it on tsn 1200.

I swear I had read somewhere at the time, that they had restructured the contract so he would get that bonus money. I could be wrong, as I can't find it now.

That's a big loss at RB. But I have liked Madu in his short sample sizes. Be interesting to see if he progresses now as the lead back.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
So can anyone more plugged into the team and league provide some speculation on what the plan is? Perhaps they plan on cutting back the $ going into the team and rely on the goodwill they have built up for a few seasons bringing fans back?

edit: they have lost seemingly 4-5 big names already without a move yet, is Eugene running this team?

Last edited:

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
Just saw that they lost Harris to the Eskimos, I really don't understand the Redblacks strategy here...

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Harris, Ellingson, Powell, Rogers, Spencer all gone?? What the heck are they doing??

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
I'm a very casual fan, and watch only a handful of games a year, but other than Sinopoli, they lost the only other 5 guys I knew. Crazy!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Sir Vincent Rogers is feeling disrespected, and he says a lot of vets feel the same way. Not a good look at all on Desjardins. He better have quite the backup plan

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm a very casual fan, and watch only a handful of games a year, but other than Sinopoli, they lost the only other 5 guys I knew. Crazy!

Yeah i mean they lost the entire offense in one day except Sonopoli. TSN1200 not even talking about it now.

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
The obvious plan is to sign 5 guys for the league minimum and pursue the ultimate ownership dream: Win the Cost per Point World Championship!!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Tough day for the Redblacks, on a positive note from my perspective maybe the Ti-Cats can now get past them. They could be the best team in the east now, at least I hope so. Small sample size regarding Dominique Davis, I guess we'll see if he could be a good QB in the CFL. Thing about the CFL is they may be able to replace some of these guys with other guys we never heard of, we'll see. Good luck.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Well it was fun while it lasted.

Now, I just wonder if they go full Melnyk and blame the fans when they don't show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->