Prospect Info: Ottawa Re-draft since 2008 (BPA) #10

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Summary question : WHO WILL BE THE BETTER PICK AT THE END OF THE DAY?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00007328.html

From the 2008 to 2016 Sens drafts, who would you pick next as the #10 best player (BPA) when everything is said and done. Not based on need and contracts, but who will be the best player overall?

For several of those picks, we already have a good idea of what they are or what they will become, but for several others, you will need to use your gut feelings and your "scouting expertise"

I know it's a bit unfair for new draftees, but it's for fun anyways, to keep in touch with hockey during the summer

The goal is to determine Ottawa's prowess at drafting, listing players in order of value. Of course, it would be great to compare that list with other teams for that period of time

List of Sens BPA

#1 ERIK KARLSSON Poll #1 here
#2 MARK STONE Poll #2 here
#3 MIKE HOFFMAN Poll #3 here
#4 MIKA ZIBANEJAD Poll #4 here
#5 CODY CECI Poll #5 here
#6 LOGAN BROWN Poll #6 here
#7 THOMAS CHABOT Poll #7 here
#8 COLIN WHITE Poll #8 here
#9 JG PAGEAU Poll #9 here

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dahlen Not voting for non Senators.. Besides Dahlen could very well be better at the end of "the day"

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Homer vote, maybe, but I could see Dahlen beating out Silfverberg for productivity down the line.

Why would it be a homer vote?

Actually, you have the balls to call a better career for Dahlen rather than proven commodities. I feel that too many people just went with the safer bets so far. But it's unlikely that the list goes like that in reality... just because there is so many unknowns unless people think that most of our prospects will bust.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Dahlen Not voting for non Senators.. Besides Dahlen could very well be better at the end of "the day"

So you think every guy we drafted and didn't trade will have a better career / be a better player then ever guy we drafted and traded? That seems rather optimistic.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Lehner is a #1 goalie, looking like a better than average one at that and still young. How is he not getting votes? You people better hope he doesn't see these threads!!!

#thelehnerwillbereleased

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Lehner is a #1 goalie, looking like a better than average one at that and still young. How is he not getting votes? You people better hope he doesn't see these threads!!!

#thelehnerwillbereleased

Even before he was traded, I think Hogberg was starting to get the 'next one' tag over Lehner... but I agree, when all is said and done I think one of those two goalies will have a better career than any of the remaining skaters.

And yes, because these are the 'top' prospects in this list - it's quite conceivable that all of them could beat out any of the regular NHL players 'when all is said and done'

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

#thelehnerwillbereleased

Yeah agreed that Lehner is likely to have a good career.

I'd have him after Perron. My list after the "big 8" looks like that :

Perron
Hogberg
Lehner
Dahlen
Silfverberg
Jaros
Pageau
Smith
Lazar
Englund

I envision about 2 great to decent careers per draft, maybe a bit more than that (plus all the cup of coffee players). It's quite amazing the talent the Sens have drafted in the last 9 drafts, and it doesn't even include Turris and Ryan, as we used 3 firsts and a 2 seconds to acquire them (counting Rundblad, Noesen and Silfverberg)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad