Ottawa - Pittsburgh Trade Proposals (All players, prospects)

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Before Stone had this past injury-plagued year, he was a pretty darn high-end prospect (more than say Puempel or Noesen, but not as good as Silfverberg). Not interested in Prince (good prospect, but natural C who is a bit undersized, and I'm not sure how well/if his game would translate to the wing).

Yes: OTT absolutely needs to add a couple of good Dmen prospects to their stable, but unlike the Pens, they didn't trade away all of their top picks this year. They should be able to fill that void to a degree if they draft well in the first 2 rounds.

Not trying to underrate Maatta at all. But Silfverberg is a HELL of a prospect.

Big, first-line, off-hand LW sniper. And pretty much a sure thing.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Maatta, and I think Oli has made a lot of strides, but Stilfverberg is an elite prospect who is on another level. He's exactly what we need, but I don't see OTT trading him for ANY of our Dmen prospects (and that includes Harrington, Pouliot, Despres, etc.) IMO.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'd love Silverberg, he's going to be very good. I don't think Ottawa would move him though.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Quite true about Silfverberg. He is not going anywhere unless he is part of a package for a top end scoring winger.

The Sens could use a talented defensive prospect. They have a bunch like Gryba (Boroweicki and Sdao) They have Ceci, who seems solid, but they do not have insurance. On the other hand they do have a full roster of young NHL players, and a bunch of near NHL wingers.

In answer to Boroweicki, he is a favourite of the Sens management, not for his talent, but for his character, toughness and mental strenght. He will be a 6-7 NHL defenseman that is tough as nails. The problem is that Gryba has just jumped him and brings a similar skillset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad